Reboots/Mashups/Bootlegs Thread

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
User avatar
hedz Send private message
I worship Axwell
helderdiniz
Posts: 3097
Joined: 29 Jan 2012
Location: Porto, Portugal

Post by hedz » 07 Feb 2019, 14:19

Latest post of the previous page:

Disregarding everything said about qualities, using rips or whatever, I don't really care about giving an opinion on that, but I do have to ask you a question.

You claim that you do not need any music production skills to make mashups and that they're just a lame thing to do. Okay, cool, it's an opinion and I can respect that but here's an honest question here: why the fuck you do it then? I mean it's the same as saying you hate drinking piss but at the same time you decide to take a big sip of warm piss (also known as Carlsberg's beer - lol jk my Danish prefers) and then share it with the world "I just drank piss and I hate it guys thanks". Just seems senseless to do so, if you hate mashups (or think it's lame) then don't do them, I guess? lol
Checkout my stuff on Soundcloud πŸ‘‡
https://soundcloud.com/helderdiniz/wast ... edz-reboot
DEDOV Send private message
Axwell lover
https://www.mixcloud.com/DEDOV/ dmitrydedov
Posts: 13
Joined: 09 Jan 2019

Post by DEDOV » 07 Feb 2019, 15:18

hedz wrote: ↑
07 Feb 2019, 14:19
Disregarding everything said about qualities, using rips or whatever, I don't really care about giving an opinion on that, but I do have to ask you a question.

You claim that you do not need any music production skills to make mashups and that they're just a lame thing to do. Okay, cool, it's an opinion and I can respect that but here's an honest question here: why the fuck you do it then? I mean it's the same as saying you hate drinking piss but at the same time you decide to take a big sip of warm piss (also known as Carlsberg's beer - lol jk my Danish prefers) and then share it with the world "I just drank piss and I hate it guys thanks". Just seems senseless to do so, if you hate mashups (or think it's lame) then don't do them, I guess? lol
Sorry for not being clear. English is my second language, so I'm still learning. By lame I meant not that I hate it, but that this is easy. 90% of mashups involves basic EQing and setting the right volume of a sound layers.

I adore mashups and this is why I do them. In addition, I believe there is nothing wrong to have a hobby that is easy to perform.
DEDOV Send private message
Axwell lover
https://www.mixcloud.com/DEDOV/ dmitrydedov
Posts: 13
Joined: 09 Jan 2019

Post by DEDOV » 07 Feb 2019, 15:29

Gouldde wrote: ↑
07 Feb 2019, 13:38
DEDOV wrote: ↑
07 Feb 2019, 12:59
Gouldde wrote: ↑
07 Feb 2019, 11:31


Without sounding too toxic. Just don't do it... people like myself listen to rebooted mashups through good audio systems. You can ALWAYS tell the difference when its a rip from a live set. HUGE quality difference. It sounds like 128kb or worse.

Also... Good mashups take a lot of time and effort. especially when you can't get the studio acapella. Take a look at Anzjon and HEDZ for example.

I'm all for mashups. but using rips from artists live sets is kind of a joke. doesn't matter if they're unreleased or not, the audio quality change is horrible to listen to.
Lol, I guess you're not that advanced in differentiating between 320kbps mp3 and 128 kbps. Non of the acapellas used were low quality.
I can't get your point: do you ask me not to do mashups, just because YOU don't like the low quality?
With all regards to Anzjon, HEDZ, recontre and etc. As I said before mashups doesn't require good audio production skills. I've a folder that is full of mashups that has been done by me and are made of released tracks only. But the trick is they're not worth much, since each of them can be done in 45 minutes or so.

I still can't get the point of the discussion you've started.

If you still don't get the point i'm making... You're more delusional that I thought....

Not that advanced btw... Yikes..

Never said not to mashup. Just don't use rips from livesets... Either wait for the tracks to be released then mashup. or if it never gets released, just forget about doing that mashup. Mashup what you can with high quality tracks and acapellas. A rip is 100% not Flac / WAV quality..
You see, we are arguing because you're try to make your subjective statement to be objective. The main topic of our conversation whether mashups should be done using unreleased mid/low quality material. You believe that they shouldn't, I believe they should.
Repect to you, if you can afford advanced sound system. I'm a guy who has $400 laptop and $30 earphones, I can't afford sound systems like the ones you have. Of course, mashups that for example contained behold or zephyr have low quality. But let's say if you plug earphones in your iphone, then HDYFRN intro part, Calfan's Last call or Black Jack's Yakuza won't sound to you that much low quality, so you can't listen to it.
User avatar
hedz Send private message
I worship Axwell
helderdiniz
Posts: 3097
Joined: 29 Jan 2012
Location: Porto, Portugal

Post by hedz » 07 Feb 2019, 15:49

DEDOV wrote: ↑
07 Feb 2019, 15:18
hedz wrote: ↑
07 Feb 2019, 14:19
Disregarding everything said about qualities, using rips or whatever, I don't really care about giving an opinion on that, but I do have to ask you a question.

You claim that you do not need any music production skills to make mashups and that they're just a lame thing to do. Okay, cool, it's an opinion and I can respect that but here's an honest question here: why the fuck you do it then? I mean it's the same as saying you hate drinking piss but at the same time you decide to take a big sip of warm piss (also known as Carlsberg's beer - lol jk my Danish prefers) and then share it with the world "I just drank piss and I hate it guys thanks". Just seems senseless to do so, if you hate mashups (or think it's lame) then don't do them, I guess? lol
Sorry for not being clear. English is my second language, so I'm still learning. By lame I meant not that I hate it, but that this is easy. 90% of mashups involves basic EQing and setting the right volume of a sound layers.

I adore mashups and this is why I do them. In addition, I believe there is nothing wrong to have a hobby that is easy to perform.
That's clearly not the message you passed first, but aight cheers ;)
Checkout my stuff on Soundcloud πŸ‘‡
https://soundcloud.com/helderdiniz/wast ... edz-reboot
DEDOV Send private message
Axwell lover
https://www.mixcloud.com/DEDOV/ dmitrydedov
Posts: 13
Joined: 09 Jan 2019

Post by DEDOV » 07 Feb 2019, 15:54

hedz wrote: ↑
07 Feb 2019, 15:49
DEDOV wrote: ↑
07 Feb 2019, 15:18
hedz wrote: ↑
07 Feb 2019, 14:19
Disregarding everything said about qualities, using rips or whatever, I don't really care about giving an opinion on that, but I do have to ask you a question.

You claim that you do not need any music production skills to make mashups and that they're just a lame thing to do. Okay, cool, it's an opinion and I can respect that but here's an honest question here: why the fuck you do it then? I mean it's the same as saying you hate drinking piss but at the same time you decide to take a big sip of warm piss (also known as Carlsberg's beer - lol jk my Danish prefers) and then share it with the world "I just drank piss and I hate it guys thanks". Just seems senseless to do so, if you hate mashups (or think it's lame) then don't do them, I guess? lol
Sorry for not being clear. English is my second language, so I'm still learning. By lame I meant not that I hate it, but that this is easy. 90% of mashups involves basic EQing and setting the right volume of a sound layers.

I adore mashups and this is why I do them. In addition, I believe there is nothing wrong to have a hobby that is easy to perform.
That's clearly not the message you passed first, but aight cheers ;)
Why not? :D My main thesis in that message was that mashups are easy to make, and that I'm not creative, because I'm replicating famous producers' ideas.

Guys, seriously I don't want to sound rude and offensive. I'm just trying to defend point of view in which I personally believe and I think this is a normal thing.
User avatar
hedz Send private message
I worship Axwell
helderdiniz
Posts: 3097
Joined: 29 Jan 2012
Location: Porto, Portugal

Post by hedz » 07 Feb 2019, 15:57

DEDOV wrote: ↑
07 Feb 2019, 15:54
hedz wrote: ↑
07 Feb 2019, 15:49
DEDOV wrote: ↑
07 Feb 2019, 15:18


Sorry for not being clear. English is my second language, so I'm still learning. By lame I meant not that I hate it, but that this is easy. 90% of mashups involves basic EQing and setting the right volume of a sound layers.

I adore mashups and this is why I do them. In addition, I believe there is nothing wrong to have a hobby that is easy to perform.
That's clearly not the message you passed first, but aight cheers ;)
Why not? :D My main thesis in that message was that mashups are easy to make, and that I'm not creative, because I'm replicating famous producers' ideas.

Guys, seriously I don't want to sound rude and offensive. I'm just trying to defend point of view in which I personally believe and I think this is a normal thing.
Well because you clearly stated that mashups are lame, but at the same time you say you love to make them and say you want to keep doing it... Clearly a contradiction. I don't care that you say that mashups are easy, I'm not talking about that part :)
Checkout my stuff on Soundcloud πŸ‘‡
https://soundcloud.com/helderdiniz/wast ... edz-reboot
DEDOV Send private message
Axwell lover
https://www.mixcloud.com/DEDOV/ dmitrydedov
Posts: 13
Joined: 09 Jan 2019

Post by DEDOV » 07 Feb 2019, 16:02

hedz wrote: ↑
07 Feb 2019, 15:57
DEDOV wrote: ↑
07 Feb 2019, 15:54
hedz wrote: ↑
07 Feb 2019, 15:49


That's clearly not the message you passed first, but aight cheers ;)
Why not? :D My main thesis in that message was that mashups are easy to make, and that I'm not creative, because I'm replicating famous producers' ideas.

Guys, seriously I don't want to sound rude and offensive. I'm just trying to defend point of view in which I personally believe and I think this is a normal thing.
Well because you clearly stated that mashups are lame, but at the same time you say you love to make them and say you want to keep doing it. I don't care that you say that mashups are easy, I'm not talking about that part :)
I've already apologized for a wrong expression. I associated word "lame" with the skill/difficulty level. If you switch word "lame" to word "easy" then you'll see what I really wanted to say.
User avatar
hedz Send private message
I worship Axwell
helderdiniz
Posts: 3097
Joined: 29 Jan 2012
Location: Porto, Portugal

Post by hedz » 07 Feb 2019, 16:53

DEDOV wrote: ↑
07 Feb 2019, 16:02
hedz wrote: ↑
07 Feb 2019, 15:57
DEDOV wrote: ↑
07 Feb 2019, 15:54


Why not? :D My main thesis in that message was that mashups are easy to make, and that I'm not creative, because I'm replicating famous producers' ideas.

Guys, seriously I don't want to sound rude and offensive. I'm just trying to defend point of view in which I personally believe and I think this is a normal thing.
Well because you clearly stated that mashups are lame, but at the same time you say you love to make them and say you want to keep doing it. I don't care that you say that mashups are easy, I'm not talking about that part :)
I've already apologized for a wrong expression. I associated word "lame" with the skill/difficulty level. If you switch word "lame" to word "easy" then you'll see what I really wanted to say.
Yes, I understand that now and pretty much ended my input when two posts ago mate :) cheers
Checkout my stuff on Soundcloud πŸ‘‡
https://soundcloud.com/helderdiniz/wast ... edz-reboot
User avatar
N1ghtventure Send private message
I worship Axwell
https://open.spotify.com/user/dtvvdm/playlist/19XMyB87KCPV1dedcimn8B davidoviicc davidov.ic n1ghtventure
Posts: 236
Joined: 12 Jul 2016
Location: Center of the Universe

Post by N1ghtventure » 07 Feb 2019, 17:30

mashups are easy to make, and that I'm not creative, because I'm replicating famous producers' ideas.
How are mashups replicating ideas? Mashups are to blend certain songs together as one. You're not copying or replicating anyone, it's not the intention of it at all. According to your logic, remixes are not creative either. A huge part of music in any genre use samples from other artists. Does that mean they aren't creative either?

Go learn more about music and then come back to the forum.
04.05.19
mcribas Send private message
I worship Axwell
https://soundcloud.com/marshwell
Posts: 273
Joined: 14 Jun 2016
DJ Gear: Computer (it's important gear nowadays)

Post by mcribas » 07 Feb 2019, 17:32

N1ghtventure wrote: ↑
07 Feb 2019, 17:30
mashups are easy to make, and that I'm not creative, because I'm replicating famous producers' ideas.
How are mashups replicating ideas? Mashups are to blend certain songs together as one. You're not copying or replicating anyone, it's not the intention of it at all. According to your logic, remixes are not creative either. A huge part of music in any genre use samples from other artists. Does that mean they aren't creative either?

Go learn more about music and then come back to the forum.
What he meant, is that he is not creative since he is rebooting already existing mashups, he is not creating his own mashups.
User avatar
N1ghtventure Send private message
I worship Axwell
https://open.spotify.com/user/dtvvdm/playlist/19XMyB87KCPV1dedcimn8B davidoviicc davidov.ic n1ghtventure
Posts: 236
Joined: 12 Jul 2016
Location: Center of the Universe

Post by N1ghtventure » 07 Feb 2019, 17:34

mcribas wrote: ↑
07 Feb 2019, 17:32
N1ghtventure wrote: ↑
07 Feb 2019, 17:30
mashups are easy to make, and that I'm not creative, because I'm replicating famous producers' ideas.
How are mashups replicating ideas? Mashups are to blend certain songs together as one. You're not copying or replicating anyone, it's not the intention of it at all. According to your logic, remixes are not creative either. A huge part of music in any genre use samples from other artists. Does that mean they aren't creative either?

Go learn more about music and then come back to the forum.
What he meant, is that he is not creative since he is rebooting already existing mashups, he is not creating his own mashups.
Doesn't matter. It's the same principle that I've mentioned. Rebooting mashups, recreating mashups, sampling tracks. It's pretty dumb to say that it's not creative.
04.05.19