Reboots/Mashups/Bootlegs Thread

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
Dirty Rebel
Axwell lover

Post Dirty Rebel13 Mar 2020, 14:47

Latest post of the previous page:

This one never gets old: Lift x Clarity

https://youtu.be/-q7Bch6thxY
ClaesSommer
Axwell fan
Send private message Claessommer dj-claes-sommer
DJ Gear: CDJ 2000 & DJM 800

Post ClaesSommer18 Mar 2020, 21:48

Hi!
Need help to ID acapella / or the artist behind an old mashup of Melo by Pryda.
I remember female vocal singing lyrics like "Get Down" "Lift Me Up" - but can't find any mashup with this or ID the female acapella.
Anyone else remember this mashup from around 2010/2011 or maybe can help me figure it out?
Thanks - All the best!
wolfy
Axwell lover
Send private message musicbywolfy musicbywolfy

Post wolfy25 Mar 2020, 19:25

wolfy wrote:
28 Feb 2020, 14:44
Are you guys mixing and mastering your mashups?
When I’m creating a mashup, first I put all the songs at different mixer tracks and then I bring all the volumes down at around -9db and then mix it by ear until it sounds good to me. Then I route all the mixer tracks to the master channel, put a limiter at 0db and use gain compression to increase the volume.
Is that good approach? Can I play mashups that I make this way in the clubs? Will it sound good or not?
I am kinda new in this so I’m sorry if it’s a stupid question and thanks in advance.
Any mashup creators in here? :D
MusicByWolfy
DEDOV
Axwell lover
Send private message https://www.mixcloud.com/DEDOV/ dmitrydedov

Post DEDOV25 Mar 2020, 21:20

wolfy wrote:
25 Mar 2020, 19:25
wolfy wrote:
When I’m creating a mashup, first I put all the songs at different mixer tracks and then I bring all the volumes down at around -9db and then mix it by ear until it sounds good to me. Then I route all the mixer tracks to the master channel, put a limiter at 0db and use gain compression to increase the volume.
Is that good approach? Can I play mashups that I make this way in the clubs? Will it sound good or not?
I am kinda new in this so I’m sorry if it’s a stupid question and thanks in advance.
I wouldn't put a volume of a whole track down. I prefer keeping original loudness of a track as it's been produces and volume it down only at a time one tracks meets the other. If the actual mixing happens in a drop part, then I ensure master doesn't go above 0db. If mashup occurs during breakdown, then it's shouldn't be 0db, should be something around from -5 to -10db, it all depends on the tracks. In addition, I prefer to avoid compressors, because they most likely will change the original volume structure of a track.
dperssonn
I worship Axwell

Post dperssonn26 Mar 2020, 08:36

DEDOV wrote:
25 Mar 2020, 21:20
wolfy wrote:
25 Mar 2020, 19:25
wolfy wrote:
I wouldn't put a volume of a whole track down. I prefer keeping original loudness of a track as it's been produces and volume it down only at a time one tracks meets the other. If the actual mixing happens in a drop part, then I ensure master doesn't go above 0db. If mashup occurs during breakdown, then it's shouldn't be 0db, should be something around from -5 to -10db, it all depends on the tracks. In addition, I prefer to avoid compressors, because they most likely will change the original volume structure of a track.
This is the way i am doing it as well. Just keep an eye on the db and you should be fine. From my experience using compressors will make the finished product sound flat and sound quality usually goes down.
wolfy
Axwell lover

Post wolfy26 Mar 2020, 09:51

Oh. So just drag and drop two songs, play around with the volume automations to mix them properly and that’s it? Sounds good. I put a limiter at 0db, just to make sure it’s not clipping.
MusicByWolfy
dperssonn
I worship Axwell

Post dperssonn26 Mar 2020, 13:15

wolfy wrote:
26 Mar 2020, 09:51
Oh. So just drag and drop two songs, play around with the volume automations to mix them properly and that’s it? Sounds good. I put a limiter at 0db, just to make sure it’s not clipping.
I never put a limiter on but try it out. If you are mixing two songs in the "drop"-part then it could be useful to play around with some EQs as well. At least for the low frequencies.
wolfy
Axwell lover

Post wolfy26 Mar 2020, 13:45

dperssonn wrote:
26 Mar 2020, 13:15
wolfy wrote:
26 Mar 2020, 09:51
I never put a limiter on but try it out. If you are mixing two songs in the "drop"-part then it could be useful to play around with some EQs as well. At least for the low frequencies.
Most of the time it’s acapella from one song on top of the instrumental of the other song. In breakdown and build-up usually.
MusicByWolfy
Axnek
Axwell fan
Send private message Axnek axnek

Post Axnek28 Mar 2020, 16:27

davidfabre2000
Axwell lover
Send private message https://soundcloud.com/djstardaze djstaraze Stardaze
DJ Gear: Pioneer DDJ-1000

Post davidfabre200031 Mar 2020, 20:49

Summertime Sadness (Cedric Gervais Remix) / Don't Stop Believin'
SaintDaniel