NEW_ID Thread

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
pow
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: None

Post by pow » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:19 am

can't wait to hear what they have coming up next.. so far really good tracks :)
Watsa
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Sennheiser HD-25

Post by Watsa » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:15 pm

love all the stuff these guys make!
camheine
I worship Axwell

Post by camheine » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:27 am

So after not releasing stuff for a while I'm expecting a big 2nd half of 2013 for these guys
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music."
Dschu
I worship Axwell

Post by Dschu » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:24 am

I listened to their older tracks and have to admit that they are more than solid. I understood why axwell picked them for axtone
John_Cove
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: 2 CDJ 400 & 1 DJM 350

Post by John_Cove » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:12 pm

I'm really curious for their new stuff.

Zelda (Original Mix)
Leave A Light On Remix
How R U Feeling Right Now

are all epic in their own unique style!
Listen to my mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/martymcflymusic
camheine
I worship Axwell

Post by camheine » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:20 pm

Dschu wrote:I listened to their older tracks and have to admit that they are more than solid. I understood why axwell picked them for axtone
Agreed, when i first heard they were signed to axtone i had no_idea who they were, but then i explored them a bit and now i love em, huge inspiration for me as a producer. Fav tracks are:
1. Never Let You Down (Axwell & NO_ID Remix)
2. Leave a Light On (NO_ID Remix)
3. Ten City (NO_ID Remix)
4. Amplitudo
5. How R U Feeling (would have it higher, but as i listened to it after listening to LALO alot, i got sick of it quickly as they both sound exactly the same)
That would be my only critisism of these guys, i dont like it when producers make the same track twice (or sometimes more). Luckily they have only done it once and every other track sounds awesome and unique, but some guys do it again and again. Main culprits are:
Tommy Trash (Ladi Dadi & Sunshine)
DubVision (Every track pretty much for me)
Nari & Milani (again pretty much every track, they even used the exact same minute long intro for both brohammer remix and silhouttes remix, go on, listen, they are identical. Talk about lazy!)
AdamB
True fan

Post by AdamB » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:24 pm

camheine wrote:
Dschu wrote:I listened to their older tracks and have to admit that they are more than solid. I understood why axwell picked them for axtone
Agreed, when i first heard they were signed to axtone i had no_idea who they were, but then i explored them a bit and now i love em, huge inspiration for me as a producer. Fav tracks are:
1. Never Let You Down (Axwell & NO_ID Remix)
2. Leave a Light On (NO_ID Remix)
3. Ten City (NO_ID Remix)
4. Amplitudo
5. How R U Feeling (would have it higher, but as i listened to it after listening to LALO alot, i got sick of it quickly as they both sound exactly the same)
That would be my only critisism of these guys, i dont like it when producers make the same track twice (or sometimes more). Luckily they have only done it once and every other track sounds awesome and unique, but some guys do it again and again. Main culprits are:
Tommy Trash (Ladi Dadi & Sunshine)
DubVision (Every track pretty much for me)
Nari & Milani (again pretty much every track, they even used the exact same minute long intro for both brohammer remix and silhouttes remix, go on, listen, they are identical. Talk about lazy!)
No ID have used that style on their Wild Ones remix aswell. :cry:

John_Cove
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: 2 CDJ 400 & 1 DJM 350

Post by John_Cove » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:55 pm

And Zelda, too.
Listen to my mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/martymcflymusic
camheine
I worship Axwell

Post by camheine » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:47 pm

Yeah i know but for wild ones and zelda they've only used elements, like some fx's and snares, for LALO they literally used the exact same synths, and a very similar progression to How R U Feeling. Has anyone noticed that axtone has released a few "second version of the same track" songs? There's LALO (Remix), Dubvision had already done all by myself and you and I before CTSM which all sound way too similar, and trash had already done Ladi Dadi before sunshine, became a habit of axtone last year i think?
camheine
I worship Axwell

Post by camheine » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:58 am

Rober wrote:
camheine wrote:Yeah i know but for wild ones and zelda they've only used elements, like some fx's and snares, for LALO they literally used the exact same synths, and a very similar progression to How R U Feeling. Has anyone noticed that axtone has released a few "second version of the same track" songs? There's LALO (Remix), Dubvision had already done all by myself and you and I before CTSM which all sound way too similar, and trash had already done Ladi Dadi before sunshine, became a habit of axtone last year i think?
This is because Ax gets them to remix specifically to have that sound, because it's what he's enjoying at the moment. He's not just saying yeah NO_ID do whatever style remix you want, he's looking for a specific sound.
Yeah true that makes sense