EURO 2008

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
julian
I worship Axwell
since 2008
DJ Gear: 2 CDJ 800 MK2, DJM 400

julian Send private message Post 17 Jun 2008, 16:42

Bottom post of the previous page:

Petter wrote:Since norway (yes, i know, not the greast soccer nation :P ) didn't qualify, I've been a fan of holland since WC 1998. They had a such cool national team in 1998.: Bergkamp, Overmars, Seedorf, Kluivert, Stam, Deboor (spelled right?), Davids etc.
:D thats funny. Im German and that same thing happened to me. Since the WC in 1998 im a huge fan of the netherlands. cool somebody else experienced the same thing :)
Dirty Sanchez
I worship Axwell
since 2008

Dirty Sanchez Send private message Post 17 Jun 2008, 18:15

Well, I love how the Netherlands play... They have some very talented players and they seem to function together like an engine (or as the old cliche goes, like an orange machine :P) which is what I miss with Spain...

I'd love to see some more of Babel, Huntelaar and I think he should have called Drenthe but anyway, it's a good team. That Engelaard kid is reli good, I was disappointed he's already 29... He's got an amazing phisique and he reli helps the team in the midfield... I think he's the difference-maker, because without him Holland was having more problems and were receiving more goals.

And well, they've got Van Nistelrooy, Robben, Van Persie, Kuyt, Sneijder, Van der Vaart and all, so they reli are a threat.

With Italy, I think their problem is the coach. Donadoni reli sucks as compared to Lippi. And well, he's left out some pretty legendary names like Inzaghi... Also, trouble with injuries (Cannavaro) and a bit of bad luck. I do like Italy and I pulled for them in the past World Cup after Spain was eliminated, but this year I feel like we do have a little chance of success so I want them eliminated today :P

And well, France looked old in 2006, go figure now... I think they reli need some new faces in there...

Anyway, I'm also thinking Romania might be much more competitive than we all think. After all, they are the ones that might eliminate both France and Italy after everyone assumed Romania would be 4th. So let's wait and see...
ANDREA
I worship Axwell
since 2008
DJ Gear: Nothing :'(

ANDREA Send private message Post 17 Jun 2008, 20:54

YEAH!!!!!!! GO ITALY! :mrgreen: I'M REALLY SORRY MUTU ROMANIA HAVE PLAYED GOOD WITH ITALY. NETHERLANDS IS ONE OF THE FAVOURITE TO WIN THE CUP :roll:
I AM A BOY!!!

I've Got Nothing But Love For You!
daherbst
Administrator
since 2008
DJ Gear: all about Pioneer

daherbst Send private message Post 17 Jun 2008, 21:12

I hoped this at least this forum is a soccer free zone :(
e=shm²
Axcellent!
jeanp
I worship Axwell
since 2008

jeanp Send private message Post 17 Jun 2008, 21:39

c'mon dont be a fool .. football is fun, especialy if u can beat the swedes :)
ronn
Axwell digger
since 2008

ronn Send private message http://www.myspace.com/allnightronn Post 18 Jun 2008, 05:32

Het guys! Thanks for your support!

As you'll probably know by now we (Holland) won 2-0 yesterday so unfortunately for France and Romania their EC is over.

Weird though that we might meet italy again...
Dirty Sanchez
I worship Axwell
since 2008

Dirty Sanchez Send private message Post 18 Jun 2008, 17:42

Well, Spain's got Italy now... They are not as impressive as they were in the past World Cup but I don't trust our team one bit, mainly because of the coach, so I'm afraid Italy's gonna send us home and confirm Spain as the ever-aspiring-always-disappointing selection :P Anyway, I do think it will be a decent match...

And once again, congrats to Holland/Netherlands cos they really kick some ass... Great football, quick but technical, very direct :D
ronn
Axwell digger
since 2008

ronn Send private message http://www.myspace.com/allnightronn Post 19 Jun 2008, 04:17

Haha, Holland is gonna meet Russia :)

Guus hiddink is russia's coach and he's dutch AND former coach of holland...this will be interresting!
Dirty Sanchez
I worship Axwell
since 2008

Dirty Sanchez Send private message Post 19 Jun 2008, 17:57

Kudos to Hiddink, he's doing some miracles all over the world... but I guess the Netherlands will be too much for Russia... Let's wait and see
jeanp
I worship Axwell
since 2008

jeanp Send private message Post 20 Jun 2008, 07:32

once again:germany will win this EuRo 2008 8-)
ronn
Axwell digger
since 2008

ronn Send private message http://www.myspace.com/allnightronn Post 20 Jun 2008, 09:38

Haha, yeah next time maybe... ;)