Pryda & Friends Thread

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
Seveli13
I worship Axwell
since 2014

Seveli13 Send private message Post 25 Jun 2015, 16:46

Bottom post of the previous page:

sobieski902 wrote: Thats the main difference in Eric's Sets compared to the more 'popular' stuff/sets, that there is a huge difference in his Tracklists from set to set.
[/color]
Well, i think that's the whole point with all these great DJs...they don't allow themselves to fall into a routine, they feel the vibe and the crowd and just go with the flow...they adapt their set for every different show, and that's why tracklists are always different...but that's why they are the best, their sets are so fresh...cause not knowing what will the DJ play next is the best part...for me anyway... ;)
adrigarhouse
I worship Axwell
since 2014

adrigarhouse Send private message Post 26 Jun 2015, 10:26

EDC Las Vegas ID 01 is mind blowing. Absolutely in love. It is groovy as fuck!
"Please tell me..."
Didas
I worship Axwell
since 2011

Didas Send private message Post 26 Jun 2015, 10:52

Seveli13 wrote:
sobieski902 wrote:
Eric Prydz - Live @ EDC, Las Vegas (22.06.15)

The Track ~22:30 after ShrineID :o :o :o

Eric Prydz: "If you are the ultimate PRYDA fan, this album is going to be a wet dream"
Can't imagine any album topping, that will probably be, perfection by Eric...
prydz is a genius. I hear some influences from Interstellar soundtrack.
It had to be from here the idea to create this EDC ID.
:) :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBfk37Fa3H0
"When I'm making music I try to create something that is different... something that makes my ears happy.."
sobieski902
I worship Axwell
since 2008

sobieski902 Send private message sobieski902 Post 26 Jun 2015, 11:24

Seveli13 wrote:they feel the vibe and the crowd and just go with the flow...they adapt their set for every different show, and that's why tracklists are always different...but that's why they are the best, their sets are so fresh...cause not knowing what will the DJ play next is the best part...for me anyway... ;)
Thats it. I have no motivation in going to a Gig where I instantly can predict > 70% of the Tracklist. You need these suprising moments in a Set like here "EDC, LV ID01" ...

I remember following anecdote, where Ron Hardy played a marathon-set and he played one record four fuckin times.

Laura Jones says the extended set allows DJs to play a song more than twice, giving the story of Ron Hardy hammering 'Acid Trax' repeatedly during one infamous night as an example: "Hardy introduced the first acid house track 'Acid Trax' to the world by playing it four or five times throughout one of his sets at The Muzik Box. No one paid it any attention to begin with but by the third or fourth time the crowd were screaming for him to play it again and a classic was born."

Source: Mixmag

Its not straight on-topic, but you will got my point
Born in Germany, raised in music
Watsa
I worship Axwell
since 2011
DJ Gear: Sennheiser HD-25

Watsa Send private message Post 26 Jun 2015, 13:00

That last track on the Prydz's EDC set is the most beautiful track I've heard in a while :P
Seveli13
I worship Axwell
since 2014

Seveli13 Send private message Post 26 Jun 2015, 14:09

Didas wrote: prydz is a genius. I hear some influences from Interstellar soundtrack.
It had to be from here the idea to create this EDC ID.
:) :)
That's what i said right away...he couldn't picked a better soundtrack to be inspired by... :)
Seveli13
I worship Axwell
since 2014

Seveli13 Send private message Post 26 Jun 2015, 14:18

sobieski902 wrote:
Thats it. I have no motivation in going to a Gig where I instantly can predict > 70% of the Tracklist. You need these suprising moments in a Set like here "EDC, LV ID01" ...

I remember following anecdote, where Ron Hardy played a marathon-set and he played one record four fuckin times.

Laura Jones says the extended set allows DJs to play a song more than twice, giving the story of Ron Hardy hammering 'Acid Trax' repeatedly during one infamous night as an example: "Hardy introduced the first acid house track 'Acid Trax' to the world by playing it four or five times throughout one of his sets at The Muzik Box. No one paid it any attention to begin with but by the third or fourth time the crowd were screaming for him to play it again and a classic was born."

Source: Mixmag

Its not straight on-topic, but you will got my point
Yeah, i get the point but still, i don't think a track should be played more that twice max, no matter how long the set is... :D
Didas
I worship Axwell
since 2011

Didas Send private message Post 26 Jun 2015, 18:34

Watsa wrote:That last track on the Prydz's EDC set is the most beautiful track I've heard in a while :P
HONESTLY, I dont have words to describe it... still in the clouds with this one.
I would rename this EDC ID 2 to "Still Dreaming ID"
"When I'm making music I try to create something that is different... something that makes my ears happy.."
nickkrupka1
I worship Axwell
since 2012

nickkrupka1 Send private message Post 28 Jun 2015, 18:46

Last last track has been named - Opus

https://www.facebook.com/EricPrydzOffic ... 718146962/
Seveli13
I worship Axwell
since 2014

Seveli13 Send private message Post 28 Jun 2015, 20:07

nickkrupka1 wrote:Last last track has been named - Opus

Weird he wrote Eric Prydz and not Pryda...probably cause of the album...don't really like the name but that relevant...track is unreal...
MaxBisi
I worship Axwell
since 2014

MaxBisi Send private message Post 28 Jun 2015, 22:32

Seveli13 wrote:
nickkrupka1 wrote:Last last track has been named - Opus

Weird he wrote Eric Prydz and not Pryda...probably cause of the album...don't really like the name but that relevant...track is unreal...
I don't think its gonna be on the album because he said that there are tracks up to December 2014 there - and he showed off a week ago how he just was mastering the track... wouldn't be legit..
#bringthegrooveback