Steve Angello / SIZE Thread

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
greenlight
I worship Axwell
since 2014

greenlight Send private message Post 20 Jan 2015, 18:37

Bottom post of the previous page:

WildYouth wrote:
GetLucky wrote:
Yes i know that he just wrote that, and i was just thinking about X in general.

But the thing is that it seems to be pretty dead even if it releases tracks, i mean, the FB-page have like 4K likes, Twitter and Soundcloud around 2,5K and Instagram 1k, that is really bad.
Sorry, my bad then ;) Yeah I agree, but the marketing hasn't been big at all so not very surprising to see so little support. I think they could have made some better marketing and such but I guess it's more of a hobby label if you know what I mean.
I think the thing to remember is that it's still just a vanity label: Angello's pet project to put out music without the oversight/pressure/expectations that come from more commercial releases. They still release quality stuff! But it's definitely clear that it takes a back seat to the main SIZE label.
Longtime lurker, took the plunge and left the world behind.
adrigarhouse
I worship Axwell
since 2014

adrigarhouse Send private message Post 20 Jan 2015, 20:29

Yessss, i was missing Federico at this point, so releasing a piece on X (a label that releases little by little, but always quality stuff) makes me get a lot of hype!
"Please tell me..."
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
since 2009

Vinelli Send private message https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio Post 21 Jan 2015, 13:49

I LOVE Persia. Holy shit, there is so much goddamn energy in that second climax. And just when you think the outro kicks in, BOOM! Encore!

Seriously, this tune could have been at the end of a mario level. It's that big of track
Last edited by Vinelli on 21 Jan 2015, 16:22, edited 1 time in total.
Dhikhej
I worship Axwell
since 2014

Dhikhej Send private message Post 21 Jan 2015, 14:03

Yep, Persia is even better than Sigure. Stuck in my head for a really long time now.
olivierM
I worship Axwell
since 2010

olivierM Send private message Post 21 Jan 2015, 14:43

Vinelli wrote:I LOVE Persia. Holy shit, there is so much goddamn energy in that second climax. And just when you think the outro kicks in, BOOM! Encore!

Seriously, this tune could have been at the end of a mario level
Mmm well i can't share your point of view. It sounds cheap and repetitive. And please steve, stop releasing Liceu rhythms again and again
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
since 2009

Vinelli Send private message https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio Post 21 Jan 2015, 16:21

olivierM wrote:
Vinelli wrote:I LOVE Persia. Holy shit, there is so much goddamn energy in that second climax. And just when you think the outro kicks in, BOOM! Encore!

Mmm well i can't share your point of view. It sounds cheap and repetitive. And please steve, stop releasing Liceu rhythms again and again
Olivier, you know that I love the more deeper melodic side of music as much as you do, but sometimes you got to admit it when a pure powerhouse track like this just sounds massive!
House5
I worship Axwell
since 2012
DJ Gear: Denon DN-MC6000
VirtualDJ Pro

House5 Send private message Post 21 Jan 2015, 16:46

Persia is perfect when you want to make a transition with GODS :D

GODS of Persia (House5 mashep) 8-)
"You showed us, and the world, that Paris is much more than the Eiffel Tower and Mona Lisa..."
Axwell, Bercy @ Paris, Saturday, December the 8th 2012.

Luigi vs. House5...
adrigarhouse
I worship Axwell
since 2014

adrigarhouse Send private message Post 21 Jan 2015, 20:00

Persia tries to be as cool as Sigure, but when you don't do an euphoric yet labored build-up, and the rythm is a little bit burned, the track doesn't get that level. I like it but only for raves. In fact is a weak tune, Dragon and the other ID they showed at London are so much better.
"Please tell me..."
GetLucky
I worship Axwell
since 2014

GetLucky Send private message Post 21 Jan 2015, 22:00

adrigarhouse wrote:Persia tries to be as cool as Sigure, but when you don't do an euphoric yet labored build-up, and the rythm is a little bit burned, the track doesn't get that level. I like it but only for raves. In fact is a weak tune, Dragon and the other ID they showed at London are so much better.
Agree.
olivierM
I worship Axwell
since 2010

olivierM Send private message Post 21 Jan 2015, 22:43

Vinelli wrote:
olivierM wrote:

Olivier, you know that I love the more deeper melodic side of music as much as you do, but sometimes you got to admit it when a pure powerhouse track like this just sounds massive!
Well, i don't think this one is so powerful. I fell i already listened a 100 times to this kind of tracks. I already forget the melody 5 minutes later and that is a bad sign when the entire track is juste based on this "oriental sound".

I can always say that in a club, with a big sound system, with 2g of alcohol in the blood, i can find it energetic but well, i'm in this state of partying 4 hours a year so i will skip this one. ;)
MaxBisi
I worship Axwell
since 2014

MaxBisi Send private message Post 22 Jan 2015, 16:29

olivierM wrote: Well, i don't think this one is so powerful. I fell i already listened a 100 times to this kind of tracks. I already forget the melody 5 minutes later and that is a bad sign when the entire track is juste based on this "oriental sound".

I can always say that in a club, with a big sound system, with 2g of alcohol in the blood, i can find it energetic but well, i'm in this state of partying 4 hours a year so i will skip this one. ;)
I can groove to it in the club even without alcohol - yes, Sigure was better (also because it fits so well with the Reload vocal) - but that one is nice too^^
#bringthegrooveback