Steve Angello / SIZE Thread

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
since 2009

Vinelli Send private message https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio Post 10 Apr 2015, 13:22

Bottom post of the previous page:

Listening to the Steve set atm, and daaaaamnn that first ID from him with the coldplay acapella is pretty huge!

And that Brun/Still Young track is the Anima of 2015, what an anthem
nickkrupka1
I worship Axwell
since 2012

nickkrupka1 Send private message Post 10 Apr 2015, 13:33

Vinelli wrote:Listening to the Steve set atm, and daaaaamnn that first ID from him with the coldplay acapella is pretty huge!

Congrats Vinelli! This was the 20,000 post in the General board!
adrigarhouse
I worship Axwell
since 2014

adrigarhouse Send private message Post 10 Apr 2015, 13:35

Steve's set was OK. We have to put the thing in their contexts, and Steve was performing on the Mainstage of Ultra Music Festival. U know what that means. A DJ has to adapt himself in function of his crowd, and Ultra crowd isn't a wise one. Steve just put his bangers, some IDs are really fire, and the last 20 min were full of potential anthems. Have 2 say that his first half of hour was not really astonishing IMO. I would stand out the new Jebu and the melody on the M&S track. The last half, as I said, is way better. I love Freedom, the ID mashuped with ASFOS and Empire as well. I agree with Seveli that it was more banging than grooving, and it's true that his 2014 show was better, but generally i'd give him a 7/10.
"Please tell me..."
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
since 2009

Vinelli Send private message https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio Post 10 Apr 2015, 13:40

nickkrupka1 wrote:
Vinelli wrote:Listening to the Steve set atm, and daaaaamnn that first ID from him with the coldplay acapella is pretty huge!

Congrats Vinelli! This was the 20,000 post in the General board!
woooo, glad it was a positive one then :mrgreen:
House5
I worship Axwell
since 2012
DJ Gear: Denon DN-MC6000
VirtualDJ Pro

House5 Send private message Post 10 Apr 2015, 15:11

adrigarhouse wrote:it was more banging than grooving
1)Mainstage
2)I don't get why so many people here have a problem with that when it's proper
"You showed us, and the world, that Paris is much more than the Eiffel Tower and Mona Lisa..."
Axwell, Bercy @ Paris, Saturday, December the 8th 2012.

Luigi vs. House5...
GetLucky
I worship Axwell
since 2014

GetLucky Send private message Post 10 Apr 2015, 17:10

Wow, Steve Angello is for sure the best set both Ultra 2014 and 2015.

But the Payback/We Are The Champions mash-up was horrible, can be one of the worst i ever heard.
Lucas Vigermyr
True fan
since 2014

Lucas Vigermyr Send private message Post 10 Apr 2015, 19:56

GetLucky wrote:Wow, Steve Angello is for sure the best set both Ultra 2014 and 2015.

But the Payback/We Are The Champions mash-up was horrible, can be one of the worst i ever heard.
Yeah, maybe It wasn't the best mashup but the message was really good!
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
since 2009

Vinelli Send private message https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio Post 11 Apr 2015, 11:28

About the Mainstage set being a bangerfest. Imagine if Angello had played a full on House set. How lame would that have been to do when all the spotlights are on you. It would have come off as him trying really hard to 'show' how much less commercial he is than his ex-colleagues (we need to stop comparing the three of them!).

To me, Angello just did what he has been doing for as long as I can remember as a solo act: promoting his label. This was a 100 % SIZE set, and SIZE has always been the core of every set he plays.
adrigarhouse
I worship Axwell
since 2014

adrigarhouse Send private message Post 11 Apr 2015, 15:57

House5 wrote:
adrigarhouse wrote:it was more banging than grooving
1)Mainstage
2)I don't get why so many people here have a problem with that when it's proper
At the beginning of my text I told it, Steve's set was very nice to be on a Mainstage. I was only making clear for those who saying the set was really groovy, that actually it wasn't.
"Please tell me..."
HedgehogPT
True fan
since 2014

HedgehogPT Send private message Post 12 Apr 2015, 09:15

On 4th of july he will be in Portugal, can't wait!!!
treydawg
Axwell digger
since 2011

treydawg Send private message Post 12 Apr 2015, 13:40

I didn't like Steve's set much. His ID and Freedom were awesome, but the rest was okay. His 2014 set was much better. I actually liked A/\I's set a lot more.