Steve Angello / SIZE Thread

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
Dhikhej
I worship Axwell
since 2014

Dhikhej Send private message Post 05 May 2015, 09:22

Bottom post of the previous page:

Seveli13 wrote:
Dhikhej wrote:My opinion on all these is that he talks a lot about reinvention, widening genres etc. but he doesn't do a shit.. Last track was 1 year ago (mediocre).
This...guys don't defend him...i like Steve but he really talks a lot and does nothing (for now)
'' I’ve watched the Ultra stream and was shaking my head, you know? I expect more. Granted, I’m a very harsh critic of myself and of others, but I do expect more. I want to be blown away. I want to be sitting there with my eyes wide open, saying, "Whoa, what is this record, what’s he playing? I’ve never heard this before," and so on. It’s not happening. ''
And his set was mediocre at best...He could play a set that nobody would expect, but he's also playing it quite safe, so why bullshit on others?
As far as Kanye West thing, i think we all know a couple of people, at least, in dance music who don't give a fuck about anything and they just keep doing their own thing...
You are totally right with his ultra set, I was blown away too when I read that part about watching stream. Such bullshit
olivierM
I worship Axwell
since 2010

olivierM Send private message Post 05 May 2015, 10:05

Seveli13 wrote:
Dhikhej wrote:My opinion on all these is that he talks a lot about reinvention, widening genres etc. but he doesn't do a shit.. Last track was 1 year ago (mediocre).
This...guys don't defend him...i like Steve but he really talks a lot and does nothing (for now)
'' I’ve watched the Ultra stream and was shaking my head, you know? I expect more. Granted, I’m a very harsh critic of myself and of others, but I do expect more. I want to be blown away. I want to be sitting there with my eyes wide open, saying, "Whoa, what is this record, what’s he playing? I’ve never heard this before," and so on. It’s not happening. ''
And his set was mediocre at best...He could play a set that nobody would expect, but he's also playing it quite safe, so why bullshit on others?
As far as Kanye West thing, i think we all know a couple of people, at least, in dance music who don't give a fuck about anything and they just keep doing their own thing...
So true. Steve talks too much and he takes himself way too seriously. And sadly, he is that kind of guy that call "Art" everything he does, to give some credit to his mediocre music.
I used to like that guy but he really bores me at the moment. Specially with that kind of interviews.
Seveli13
I worship Axwell
since 2014

Seveli13 Send private message Post 05 May 2015, 10:32

olivierM wrote:
Steve talks too much and he takes himself way too seriously. And sadly, he is that kind of guy that call "Art" everything he does, to give some credit to his mediocre music.
I used to like that guy but he really bores me at the moment. Specially with that kind of interviews.
100 % with u on this...
Didas
I worship Axwell
since 2011

Didas Send private message Post 05 May 2015, 10:49

olivierM wrote:
Seveli13 wrote:
So true. Steve talks too much and he takes himself way too seriously. And sadly, he is that kind of guy that call "Art" everything he does, to give some credit to his mediocre music.
This!!! This is a forum, we shouldnt be afraid to say what we Think.
Cmon Steve since THE last ultra 2014 is going down... I liked that ultra set, but This year Ive listened at least 2sets and other related Stuff from size and its bullshit... Nothing good. His ultra set so meh....
Only excited to one day attend his gig as mescal kid in a proper club
"When I'm making music I try to create something that is different... something that makes my ears happy.."
House5
I worship Axwell
since 2012
DJ Gear: Denon DN-MC6000
VirtualDJ Pro

House5 Send private message Post 05 May 2015, 11:06

We shouldn't be afraid to say what we think and yet we're having voting polls to open threads, complete nonsense here.

Anyway, Steve is not as relevant as he used to be as you guys said, but when you play on the main stage of a festival, of course you try to be safe generally !
"You showed us, and the world, that Paris is much more than the Eiffel Tower and Mona Lisa..."
Axwell, Bercy @ Paris, Saturday, December the 8th 2012.

Luigi vs. House5...
NotAxwell
NotModerator
since 2014

NotAxwell Send private message Post 05 May 2015, 11:11

House5 wrote:We shouldn't be afraid to say what we think and yet we're having voting polls to open threads, complete nonsense here.

nailed it! :lol: :lol:
camheine
I worship Axwell
since 2012

camheine Send private message Post 05 May 2015, 12:11

NotAxwell wrote:
House5 wrote:We shouldn't be afraid to say what we think and yet we're having voting polls to open threads, complete nonsense here.

I think even if we neverdo another poll, just brining attention to was good enough, i agree with you guys, but most threads start with the sentance 'this guy/guys have done a couple songs i like, so why not?' I just think people need to feel out the rest of the forum more, a la the amersy thread.
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music."
olivierM
I worship Axwell
since 2010

olivierM Send private message Post 05 May 2015, 12:23

Well, i just heard TIME by Shaun Frank and it is actually good and different from what they use to release and it is refreshing !

It is a little bit too more "Heldens" but the vibe is nice !

So please Steve, stop talking about Size 10.2.3 and start acting like this !
GetLucky
I worship Axwell
since 2014

GetLucky Send private message Post 05 May 2015, 13:48

olivierM wrote: So true. Steve talks too much and he takes himself way too seriously. And sadly, he is that kind of guy that call "Art" everything he does, to give some credit to his mediocre music.
Agree.
vysweet
I worship Axwell
since 2014

vysweet Send private message Post 05 May 2015, 15:40

NotAxwell wrote:

This part is very funny :lol:, Steve's need to do something like Eric and release the fucking album he's delaying since one year, i know he has a problem with Columbia (Sony) but cmon! :evil:

Edit: So the reunion with the manager of Garrix,Bieber,etc. was for the documentary?
WildYouth
True fan
since 2014

WildYouth Send private message Post 05 May 2015, 15:57

vysweet wrote:

Edit: So the reunion with the manager of Garrix,Bieber,etc. was for the documentary?
Did you read the article or not? Scooter is gonna help with PR and that stuff for Wild Youth. I can also guess that him and Steve have used his connections for some of the collabs.