Steve Angello / SIZE Thread

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
camheine
I worship Axwell
since 2012

camheine Send private message Post 10 May 2015, 04:31

Bottom post of the previous page:

NotAxwell wrote: They dont make THAT much money from music anyways anymore.
Boom! You've just nailed it. They make such little money from their actual songs compared to their sets, all of the money made on a song can be outdone with one dj gig, there's more of a draw to go to your shows if you think you might here your fav unreleased ID, i know when I saw SHM, in the back of my head I was thinking to myself "man it would be so cool if Ax just played COTU" (hadn't been released at that point).

A track with online buzz is as good as a beatport number 1 in terms of hype and expanding your career, unless you get a radio megahit, you probably aren't concerning yourself with the actual money being made on tracks, more how much attention it gets, how it furthers your career, and how much money you can then start charging for your shows.
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music."
Dhikhej
I worship Axwell
since 2014

Dhikhej Send private message Post 10 May 2015, 13:59

Next SIZE release will be probably Jebu - Consenquences because very DJ is playing it.. but when??? Size is going Refune right now :D
NotAxwell
NotModerator
since 2014

NotAxwell Send private message Post 10 May 2015, 15:25

Dhikhej wrote:Next SIZE release will be probably Jebu - Consenquences because very DJ is playing it.. but when??? Size is going Refune right now :D
1-2 weeks without a annoucned track... better call them refune... :lol:
VeljkoDujakovic
I worship Axwell
since 2014

VeljkoDujakovic Send private message Post 11 May 2015, 20:43

Dhikhej wrote:Next SIZE release will be probably Jebu - Consenquences because very DJ is playing it.. but when??? Size is going Refune right now :D
I don't think that it's signed on size...
trebleandsonido
I worship Axwell
since 2010

trebleandsonido Send private message http://soundcloud.com/trebleandsonido trebleandsonido Post 12 May 2015, 15:02

camheine wrote:
NotAxwell wrote: They dont make THAT much money from music anyways anymore.
Boom! You've just nailed it. They make such little money from their actual songs compared to their sets, all of the money made on a song can be outdone with one dj gig, there's more of a draw to go to your shows if you think you might here your fav unreleased ID, i know when I saw SHM, in the back of my head I was thinking to myself "man it would be so cool if Ax just played COTU" (hadn't been released at that point).

A track with online buzz is as good as a beatport number 1 in terms of hype and expanding your career, unless you get a radio megahit, you probably aren't concerning yourself with the actual money being made on tracks, more how much attention it gets, how it furthers your career, and how much money you can then start charging for your shows.
Indeed, the only way to actually earn some money off a song/track itself is by royalties that have to be paid whenever the copyright owned material is published by someone else for commercially intended reasons... E.g. commercials etc... Making money off record sales is long gone! Take a look at Jay-Zs 'Tidal', a platform on which he hopes the change the trend! I doubt it very much that it'll succeed unfortunately...

Beatport #1 are a big joke and purely a business and marketing tool; which at the end of the day cost more than they actually earn a record label/company in revenues. 95% of an artist income is indeed coming from the show fees, which in their turn provide salaries for the management of the label and all affiliated parties to the release of a record.

Same concept applies to the annual DJ Mag top 100... Record labels/businesses/sponsors pump in tons of money to raise awares for their artist(s) (=buying them a place on the list, the higher the more it costs but the more they'll be able to ask for a DJ fee...) so they can make an ROI the next year/season by being able to ask higher fees.
If it sounds good, it is good.
Hardsoul
Administrator
since 2010

Hardsoul Send private message axwellforum axwellforum Post 12 May 2015, 20:29

Q&A with Steve on Twitter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Turn off your brain and turn on your heart!
Didas
I worship Axwell
since 2011

Didas Send private message Post 12 May 2015, 21:28

NotAxwell wrote:
enrico wrote:Fully agree with Cam, but also with Vinelli.
Sometimes it is not that pleasant for the producers I think because labels have the last word. Who knows what else is going on.

Side question: is it just me or does anyone else feel a bit crazy and weird for caring so much about a single track at times? I remember last fall I listened to "Where I Belong" so often and got so mad it wasn't released for WMC.
What bothers me more is that certain labels/artists know exactly that a lot of fans really want a track for years and they simply dont care about it. I know its up to the artist to release a track but to me it just gives them an ungrateful stand. I know this is Steve's Thread but best example is Tai. I know lots of people come up with "Ax maybe wants to wait for his solo career after Ax^Ing" but thats completely bullshit for me. I mean lets be realistic its a great track nontheless but nothing that will catapult Axwell even higher after Ax^Ing. Neither did Tokyo by Night nor Feel the pressure and so on. So just give it out as a free download, make the fans happy and get some good PR. They dont make THAT much money from music anyways anymore.
I think 99% of Ax's fans, the ones before this SHM OLTour, AxINg thing prefer his solo comeback with more solo shows, solo tracks than this. Maybe he will earn 20/30% of what he makes today but he will make his fans more happier and I believe he wants that to happen again.

Like I expect Steve releases his album, etc etc.

Massive respect for these two Idols.
"When I'm making music I try to create something that is different... something that makes my ears happy.."
Seveli13
I worship Axwell
since 2014

Seveli13 Send private message Post 12 May 2015, 21:46

Didas wrote:
I think 99% of Ax's fans, the ones before this SHM OLTour, AxINg thing prefer his solo comeback with more solo shows, solo tracks than this. Maybe he will earn 20/30% of what he makes today but he will make his fans more happier and I believe he wants that to happen again.
He would make at least 50 %, at least...i would say like 70,80 %...he's still Axwell...they would still call him to headline Ultra, Tomorrowland, and all the big festivals around the world...remember 2013 and solo Ax...and i'm not sure anymore that he cares that much about his true fans...not as much as before, that's for sure...
House5
I worship Axwell
since 2012
DJ Gear: Denon DN-MC6000
VirtualDJ Pro

House5 Send private message Post 13 May 2015, 13:37

Guys.

Axwell LOVES the project with Ingrosso. He's really into it, and so is Sebastian. Stop believing Seb and Amy forced him to do that and accept the project once and for all ! I've been a fan of Axwell before OLT or SHM explosion with One, but personally I really enjoy this duo. On My Way is really one of my favorite tracks for some time now, and Sun is Shining is a great great tune !

He also has to be happy with his job, it's not that he doesn't care about his "true fans", it's that he must not force himself to do something he doesn't want to do. He wants to do something with Ingrosso, then so be it ! They delivered quality tunes together for such a long time and they have a good synergy in music.

There, I finally said it !
"You showed us, and the world, that Paris is much more than the Eiffel Tower and Mona Lisa..."
Axwell, Bercy @ Paris, Saturday, December the 8th 2012.

Luigi vs. House5...
NotAxwell
NotModerator
since 2014

NotAxwell Send private message Post 13 May 2015, 14:21

House5 wrote:Guys.

Axwell LOVES the project with Ingrosso. He's really into it, and so is Sebastian. Stop believing Seb and Amy forced him to do that and accept the project once and for all ! I've been a fan of Axwell before OLT or SHM explosion with One, but personally I really enjoy this duo. On My Way is really one of my favorite tracks for some time now, and Sun is Shining is a great great tune !

He also has to be happy with his job, it's not that he doesn't care about his "true fans", it's that he must not force himself to do something he doesn't want to do. He wants to do something with Ingrosso, then so be it ! They delivered quality tunes together for such a long time and they have a good synergy in music.

There, I finally said it !
Stop being reasonable! You are destroying the circlejerk going on here!
House5
I worship Axwell
since 2012
DJ Gear: Denon DN-MC6000
VirtualDJ Pro

House5 Send private message Post 13 May 2015, 15:33

I know right :(
"You showed us, and the world, that Paris is much more than the Eiffel Tower and Mona Lisa..."
Axwell, Bercy @ Paris, Saturday, December the 8th 2012.

Luigi vs. House5...