Steve Angello / SIZE Thread

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
S-A
I worship Axwell
since 2014

S-A Send private message Post 08 May 2018, 09:42

Bottom post of the previous page:

jaime_7 wrote:
07 May 2018, 21:12
ggssmm wrote:
07 May 2018, 20:33
If someone thinks 21 is better than the whole Beatles collection, so be it.
If someone says that, I would respect it, and then immediately proceed to ask him for the number of his drug dealer :lol:
21: is better than The Beatles, Queen, Michael Jackson and Frank Sinatra's collections combined.

How bout that? 8-)
Benny
True fan
since 2017

Benny Send private message Post 08 May 2018, 15:39

Overall I do like the album, but I will say it is a little repetitive like a few people mentioned. The only other thing I can fault is the fact we've been listening to the live edits, with vocals attached and they seem pretty empty without them.

It's not going to change dance music but it's a credit to do something differently than you have done your entire career.
Jerry98
I worship Axwell
since 2017

Jerry98 Send private message Post 08 May 2018, 17:28

Schirmy wrote:
07 May 2018, 18:55
atalibacarpes wrote:
07 May 2018, 18:24
Schirmy wrote:
07 May 2018, 17:58
Feel At Home is better than every song on the album. :?
Then you wake up.
Most of these tracks are so low BPM they sound like a bad rendition of a 90s platforming videogame soundtrack.
Where is the bad thing? :lol:
Many platform games of the 90s have such an amazing soundtrack!

Anyway... For me Steve has created HUMAN because he needed it. It's more an album for self-pleasure from his eyes, I guess. But I don't understand why he has to be always so distant from the business. It's a good thing not to go mainstream, but you don't have to exceed with this way of doing things!
carpes
I worship Axwell
since 2016

carpes Send private message Post 08 May 2018, 17:53

Jerry98 wrote:
08 May 2018, 17:28
Schirmy wrote:
atalibacarpes wrote:

Then you wake up.
Most of these tracks are so low BPM they sound like a bad rendition of a 90s platforming videogame soundtrack.

Anyway... For me Steve has created HUMAN because he needed it. It's more an album for self-pleasure from his eyes, I guess. But I don't understand why he has to be always so distant from the business. It's a good thing not to go mainstream, but you don't have to exceed with this way of doing things!
And why you think that the album it's SO NOT mainstream? Look at the main singles - Break Me Down and NSMA - it's pretty singalong songs, typical mainstreaming ideia.
carpes
I worship Axwell
since 2016

carpes Send private message Post 08 May 2018, 17:59

Vinelli wrote:
07 May 2018, 23:13
atalibacarpes wrote:
07 May 2018, 18:23
Vinelli wrote:
07 May 2018, 12:07

No but its important to remind steve and/or keep expecting it. Its one of the best songs I personally heard from him and I'll be damned to see this die amongst all the other ids he promised
The artist know what's better for his carrer.

If he want, he will release. If he don't, even he said so, he won't. Simple like that.

It's not up to us "die if he doesn't". As fans, we just have to wait.
So lets pretend not to care, that will do wonders. The relationship between artist and fans goes both ways
I disagree. There's no "relation" in terms of releasing.

The artist does and the fan appreciate. That's all (IMO).
carpes
I worship Axwell
since 2016

carpes Send private message Post 08 May 2018, 18:01

Schirmy wrote:
atalibacarpes wrote:
Schirmy wrote:
07 May 2018, 17:58
Feel At Home is better than every song on the album. :?
Then you wake up.
Nah, I'm just not drinking the S-A koolaid his retarded fanbase is. You guys are like a fucking cult following your leader. Any suggestion or inference this album is "art" or "so beautiful it's like Picasso is painting in front of me" is the dumbest shit I've ever heard. Most of these tracks are so low BPM they sound like a bad rendition of a 90s platforming videogame soundtrack. S-A tried to break away from the norm and all he's done is put himself on a non-existent pretentious pedestal.
I didn't say that and, please, think twice before call someone (or some group) retarded.

The meaning of 'fanbase' is this = inconditional support (besides some ponctual critics, that even I have of the album).
Jerry98
I worship Axwell
since 2017

Jerry98 Send private message Post 08 May 2018, 20:43

atalibacarpes wrote:
08 May 2018, 17:53
Jerry98 wrote:
08 May 2018, 17:28
Schirmy wrote:

And why you think that the album it's SO NOT mainstream? Look at the main singles - Break Me Down and NSMA - it's pretty singalong songs, typical mainstreaming ideia.
Yeah, but apart from those and a couple of others, overall the album is not mainstream.
I really like HUMAN! What I find a bit ridicolous is how most people (and sometimes Steve himself) see this way of creating music. I think that "Mainstream" ≠ "Bad". It could be true that doing sophisticated, less commercial songs gives them more (artistic) value. But this does not mean that they are better than commercial songs. I'm saying that because I've seen people using this judgement parameter
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
since 2009

Vinelli Send private message https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio Post 09 May 2018, 00:55

atalibacarpes wrote:
08 May 2018, 17:59
Vinelli wrote:
atalibacarpes wrote:

If he want, he will release. If he don't, even he said so, he won't. Simple like that.

So lets pretend not to care, that will do wonders. The relationship between artist and fans goes both ways

You think an artist doesnt need a fanbase? Id stay start producing and raje in the easy money from all the gigs tou are going to get easily. Dont be naive. Every artist needs a fanbase to support his or hers creative process to be able to keep creating at all, and a small token of appreciation like like like giving away an old id is not too much to ask.
Almost-Human
I worship Axwell
since 2017

Almost-Human Send private message Post 09 May 2018, 10:58

German Interview:
http://www.fazemag.de/steve-angello-neu-geboren/

Album Tour starts in autumn
Schirmy
I worship Axwell
since 2016

Schirmy Send private message Post 09 May 2018, 14:30

atalibacarpes wrote:
08 May 2018, 17:59
Vinelli wrote:
atalibacarpes wrote:

Wow, you are too far gone. S-A has taken you over.
Nothing But Love For You.
Almost-Human
I worship Axwell
since 2017

Almost-Human Send private message Post 16 May 2018, 16:23

Out on 18th May