Dirty South Thread

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
hedz
I worship Axwell
since 2012

hedz Send private message helderdiniz Post 12 Nov 2012, 17:12

Bottom post of the previous page:

the artwork is amazing tho

vbljj
Axwell digger
since 2012

vbljj Send private message Post 12 Nov 2012, 19:37

Imo is good enough. But I'm waiting for a solo work from Dragan!
Watsa
I worship Axwell
since 2011
DJ Gear: Sennheiser HD-25

Watsa Send private message Post 12 Nov 2012, 19:51

I really like this one, not sure why... but looking forward to it
enrico
I worship Axwell
since 2012

enrico Send private message Post 12 Nov 2012, 19:53

Are you fucking kidding me with the percussions / drums. Fucking again that fucking jumbo bombo trom something shit "and -off" beat thingy. Unbelievable. Don't get what the man finds in that particular -and hook. It totally destroys some nice rolling melodies for me.

Buildup is the usual prime big act method, it's ok. Really do like the sound / mixdown of the track overall, must sound fucking great in a club. Wouldn't want to listen to that in a stadium becoarse reverrrrb.

Edit: About the sound, I mean those rather high saw sounds.
DCBull
I worship Axwell
since 2011

DCBull Send private message Post 19 Nov 2012, 19:18

Tell us about your new track “Rift” with Michael Brun – you’ve worked on a previous track with him before – how did you guys hook up?
“Rift" is a collaboration between myself and Michael Brun a young kid from Haiti. We met through me putting out one of his tracks on my label, Phazing. He's super talented, he¹s got so much coming out next year, so just look out for him too, he¹s good. The track, “Rift” comes out in two weeks and then after that I have another collaboration coming out with Deniz Kayou. And after that, it¹s meant to be my album, but I don¹t want to commit to it just yet, because the album is a very strong word. The “A” word [means] you have to take a lot of time off from touring, and you need to be in a frame of mind of working everyday in the studio. It¹ s very hard to be touring and then jump right in the studio and be like, "I'm ready to be inspired," when you¹re tired as hell from all the flying. To do an album, you need to be like three months, shut off, don¹t talk to me, don¹t email me, just studio. So I¹m finding that hard to find a balance, but I think I¹m going to take January off and just do like studio and try to finish off a lot of ideas ­ and hopefully it¹s going to result in an album.

http://www.vibe.com/article/exclusive-d ... l-day-long
If I remember correctly, he already wanted to release an album in 2011 (something like Dirty South and friends!?)
sobieski902
I worship Axwell
since 2008

sobieski902 Send private message sobieski902 Post 26 Nov 2012, 12:38

Born in Germany, raised in music
enrico
I worship Axwell
since 2012

enrico Send private message Post 27 Nov 2012, 19:23

Wooow. Just listened to the bp snippet. Proper badass song actually, never knew that whole other sound scheme was in it, thought it was only those high pluck sounds in the buildups.. Really dig it. :)
ggssmm
I worship Axwell
since 2011

ggssmm Send private message http://soundcloud.com/guilherme-miranda Post 28 Nov 2012, 00:19

The song is good and I like it, but it lacks creativity. The same notes looping during the whole track, while more layers are added to it... it's basically 6 minutes of the same thing. And that s**** (in terms of creativity) prolly gonna reach #1 at beatport.

sorry for being too much sincere / polemic ahaha
enrico
I worship Axwell
since 2012

enrico Send private message Post 28 Nov 2012, 05:19

No no, nothing polemic.
it's basically 6 minutes of the same thing.
Quite spot on though. I bet if you ask me in 2 days I can't stand th song anymore. :P
Last edited by enrico on 28 Nov 2012, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.
ggssmm
I worship Axwell
since 2011

ggssmm Send private message http://soundcloud.com/guilherme-miranda Post 28 Nov 2012, 11:20

I love DS, but his latest songs are so repetitive that you get bored after listening to it for 3, 4 days...
With rift was something like this: when i thought the song would end, i realized that there was 3 more minutes to go (and i was tired of the same thing already)
DAveee
True fan
since 2011

DAveee Send private message Post 28 Nov 2012, 15:22

I agree. Rift is the weakest release by DS this year...
But i really enjoy his Remix of Embrace Me