Alesso Thread

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
PoppyK
I worship Axwell
since 2016

PoppyK Send private message Post 22 Jul 2018, 22:36

Bottom post of the previous page:

''mfw i remember i still need to play this festival next week again''
dollfvce
Axwell digger
since 2017

dollfvce Send private message Post 23 Jul 2018, 18:06

I was really upset when I was watching him perform the other night. He didn't seem to even appear there, think he left his heart in Sweden :(

Very sad because he was the bet a few years ago, last year he seemed fine and happy too.
I'm off to see him at Creamfields so I'll come back + post again how he looked, I'm curious to see ifit was just Tomorrowland
"why she dancing alone.. ?"
Benny
True fan
since 2017

Benny Send private message Post 24 Jul 2018, 19:42

Had hope for his sets after that NYC show. He looks like he's on some massive comedown during his Tomorrowland set. Reminds me of that video of Guetta looking spaced out.
brian_arimura
True fan
since 2016

brian_arimura Send private message Post 24 Jul 2018, 22:26

There's also this episode from Tomorrowland Brasil, which looked sad af. I've heard some people saying he was sick, but dunno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0i6IxsyBNM
Jerry98
I worship Axwell
since 2017

Jerry98 Send private message Post 25 Jul 2018, 17:56

Some people I know said that he looked exactly like this also during his other shows.
I don't know if I should feel sad for this situation or definitely lose interest in everything Alesso will do in the future... Actually I don't really care anymore of what he does. I listen to his new tracks and see if they're decent or shit (because he doesn't make a "gold" song since the album).

My only hope is that maybe in the future Seb (and SHM) will open his eyes again.
jaime_7
I worship Axwell
since 2016

jaime_7 Send private message Post 29 Jul 2018, 00:54

Here is the set he played at the Ingrosso+Alesso stage at Tomorrowland. Still not what it used to be, but definitely the direction he should be taking. In my opinion, this shows that he "is not allowed" to play whatever he wants on the mainstage. Yes, he played his pop stuff in here too, but overall it's a good set, and way better than the mainstage one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MngU7uEeqgs
"It's Swedish House Mafia for life this time" - Axwell, 25/03/2018
Jerry98
I worship Axwell
since 2017

Jerry98 Send private message Post 29 Jul 2018, 08:51

jaime_7 wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 00:54
Here is the set he played at the Ingrosso+Alesso stage at Tomorrowland. Still not what it used to be, but definitely the direction he should be taking. In my opinion, this shows that he "is not allowed" to play whatever he wants on the mainstage. Yes, he played his pop stuff in here too, but overall it's a good set, and way better than the mainstage one.

A couple of pop songs between his progressive hits are ok for me!
He should do more sets like this one!
Frenchy036
I worship Axwell
since 2016
DJ Gear: DDJ-SX

Frenchy036 Send private message Post 30 Jul 2018, 15:44

jaime_7 wrote:

Wouldn't be surprised if he was being told what he can and can't play considering the content of his sets and his apparent attitude.

However, he also has been known to tell his fans to fuck off when we demonstrated concern with his pop trends so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"Goosebumps never lie..."
HighVolume
True fan
since 2014

HighVolume Send private message Post 30 Jul 2018, 16:50

jaime_7 wrote:

It feels weird to say, but I actually like this set :?
Where words fail, music speaks.
DaveTailor
Axwell lover
since 2016

DaveTailor Send private message Post 04 Aug 2018, 12:25

Much better set than his first week one!
rip shm 2008-2012
carpes
I worship Axwell
since 2016

carpes Send private message Post 04 Aug 2018, 20:28

It's so good when Alesso, Ax, Seb and Steve plays on those "alternative" stages. They don't have the obligation to play mainstage songs. They just play any mashup, remix or songs they want.

Great set by Alesso, it sounded like a tribute to his own work, which I liked a lot. Songs like All This Love, Sweet Scape and others that figure on his album diserves more credit! (Btw, I miss him playing Dynamite, Clash and Nillionaire).

Really cool set by Sebastian, too.