Avicii Thread [PRMD Records]

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
Frenchy036
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: DDJ-SX

Post Frenchy03606 Jun 2019, 22:25

Latest post of the previous page:

'Never Leave Me' is definitely my favorite and also the last track he ever wrote according to the new makings of videos on YouTube. Those lyrics are just incredibly penetrating, what a way to close out
"Goosebumps never lie..."
atalibacarpes
I worship Axwell
Send private message atalibacarpes

Post atalibacarpes07 Jun 2019, 00:04

mwaf wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 19:16
So... "TIM" is released: https://open.spotify.com/album/6Ad1E9vl75ZB3Ir87zwXIJ.

I like the vocal mix of Heart Upon My Sleeve and Fades Away surprised me while listening haha. The rest, hm. Overall it's just ok imo - not more, not less.

Really curious to see what you guys have to say!
Ok, here's my statement:

I'm happy because "New Avicii Songs" is always a good sentence, but the tracks itself didn't touched me at all.

There were a way lot more IDs that could be released, and didn't see the light of the day this time (Faster Than Light, Our Love, etc.), and looks like Universal had choice the most "Folk" songs possible.

The songs are very well produced, of course, but me Tim is all about melodies, and those tracks are too Foolk/Country/Pop for me. It's look like the "new" David Guetta mixed with Florida Georgia Line.

Heaven is totally out of context, and because of this is the best song, because it's impossible to not have goosebumps listening to the lyrics and knowing the story of Tim Berling. The bad news is that this version turned to the "Folk" side (the Simon Aldred is way too much better and way lot more progressive).

Even on 'Stories' album there's just a few songs based on lyrics, the rest are all about melodies. I don't see that on this album and this does not sounds good (sorry about that joke).

Those future bass elements on "Never Leave Me" are a HUGE mistake!

I will listen to the album more times along the weekend, but, for me, the order of preference is:

1. SOS
2. Heaven
3. Tough Love

The rest is just the rest.

Sorry if I'm so skeptical, guys.

Really hope that more Tim songs came out through the time!
So wake me up when it's all over. When I'm wiser and I'm older.
oskaaar
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Pioneer XDJ-RX

Post oskaaar07 Jun 2019, 10:14

I can’t understand why they didn’t release ”Forever Yours”. It sounds finished and it would’ve been the best track of the album by far.
Nothing But Love
Elroy
I worship Axwell

Post Elroy08 Jun 2019, 10:55

There are a few that I /really/ like. in random order: SOS, Excuse me mr sir, Hold the line & the heart upon my sleeve instrumental. I only just found out that track was on his 'true' album, which i totally missed. The ID vocals add some strength to it but it's not really my preference.

The album in full contains a full set of songs that I'd normally wouldn't listen to, just like Tim's earlier albums. Guess that's just not my cup of tea. Album is really well produced though and I absolutely love the thought of keeping his work alive.

It would have been perfect for me if they released the Enough is Enough (Don't Give Up On Us) track. Listened to it last night and that shit hits.
hedz Online
I worship Axwell
Send private message helderdiniz

Post hedz Online08 Jun 2019, 11:05

Elroy wrote:
08 Jun 2019, 10:55
It would have been perfect for me if they released the Enough is Enough (Don't Give Up On Us) track. Listened to it last night and that shit hits.
That track is something that makes me really sad... It's my favorite Avicii track EVER, I love it since I've first heard it and it's insane to me that we're never getting it in any way... But it's clear that they didn't want to release old stuff from him, just the new music he was working on for the new album. Makes perfect sense.
I've started uploading my mashes on Youtube also: https://youtube.com/user/hedzmusic // https://soundcloud.com/helderdiniz
i_AM
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Novation Launchpad MK II, SMS Audio Street, Beats Mixr, Sennheiser HD 25

Post i_AM15 Jun 2019, 20:46

hedz wrote:
08 Jun 2019, 11:05
Elroy wrote:
08 Jun 2019, 10:55
That track is something that makes me really sad... It's my favorite Avicii track EVER, I love it since I've first heard it and it's insane to me that we're never getting it in any way... But it's clear that they didn't want to release old stuff from him, just the new music he was working on for the new album. Makes perfect sense.
I'll second that! This track is definitely one of Avicii's best and most emotional songs. I remember that I read that he wrote it for his girlfriend back then. Maybe that's the reason why it still remains unreleased. I'm just so glad that we have a HQ leak of the song.

Edit: Here is the post of his ex-girlfriend where she says that Tim wrote the song for her.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhzqdvpA7c3/

According "Heaven": I'm satisfied with the released version with Chris Martin on the vocals cause I'm also a huge Coldplay fan. But I can understand other opinions. The Simon Aldred version is really good as well and a bit faster so that it fits more for festivals etc.
HVF
Axwell lover
DJ Gear: Pioneer ddj s1

Post HVF16 Jun 2019, 23:03

I really wish they would’ve released the heart upon my sleeve version with Audra Mae vocals that Tim used to play back in 2013
Maltey96
I worship Axwell

Post Maltey9619 Jun 2019, 09:12

The Album is actually pretty good. Some more old Avicii vibes would have been great, but the vocals are pretty solid in every track.
Epico
Axwell lover

Post Epico10 Jul 2019, 11:22

Remix by DubVision
Madva
Axwell lover
Send private message madvamusic madvamusic
DJ Gear: Pioneer HDJ2000MK2
Logic Pro X

Post Madva10 Jul 2019, 12:30

Epico wrote:
10 Jul 2019, 11:22
Remix by DubVision
First notes of the drop remind me of the years id
Don’t You Worry Child / Wake Me Up

https://soundcloud.com/madvamusic/dont- ... ibute-edit
atalibacarpes
I worship Axwell
Send private message atalibacarpes

Post atalibacarpes10 Jul 2019, 14:25

Madva wrote:
10 Jul 2019, 12:30
Epico wrote:
10 Jul 2019, 11:22
Remix by DubVision
First notes of the drop remind me of the years id
Same here.

It's the 95746395675 time that some DJ/Group try to copy that, and the 3rd time that is Dubvision doing so.
So wake me up when it's all over. When I'm wiser and I'm older.