CLASSICS Thread

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
Blommarn
I worship Axwell
since 2016
DJ Gear: FL Studio 20
Fostex T20RP
JBL L40
Primare P30
Technics SL-1200MK3D
Harman Kardon 730

Blommarn Send private message Post 20 Sep 2016, 14:19

[url=https://discord.gg/JrZ2a7s4aW][color=#FF0000]Axwell Forum Discord Server[/color][/url]
sobieski902
I worship Axwell
since 2008

sobieski902 Send private message sobieski902 Post 23 Sep 2016, 07:38

Geraldine Hunt - Can't Fake The Feeling (DJ 'S')

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C3kApNvAu8
Born in Germany, raised in music
jarmas01
I worship Axwell
since 2016
DJ Gear: DDJ-SB2

jarmas01 Send private message djesusarmas Post 25 Sep 2016, 00:18

Axwell - Open Your Heart (ID Remode)

https://soundcloud.com/xgoodvibesonlyx/ ... e-live-rip
Blommarn
I worship Axwell
since 2016
Fostex T20RP
JBL L40
Primare P30
Technics SL-1200MK3D
Harman Kardon 730

Blommarn Send private message Post 28 Sep 2016, 14:28

Cool backstory of Axwell's Wait A Minute, that i found :)
Enjoy

"This is the third release in as many months for deVICE, and like its predecessors, this is another dance-floor monster. Hailing from Sweden, Axwell has spent the last few years earning a reputation for creating quality dance music, delivering a varied sound that crosses musical boundaries in its appeal. Following his two releases under the Mambana banner and last year's gem as Jetlag, Axwell returns on November 21 st ably assisted by Nevada on vocals.
The track itself is the result of an idea he had whilst walking home from his studio one evening. “I got this bass-line idea in my head along with the drums, so I recorded the basic idea into my phone and when I played it back it sounded really cool”. As for the vocals, Axwell knew he was looking for a falsetto and this is where Nevada steps in. The two had known each other for a number of years, but this is their only collaboration to date.
The spoken segment of the vocal is the result of some creative thinking from Axwell. “…I looped the backing track for about thirty minutes and just had him talk; with help from a little red wine he told me one of his stories”. After some serious editing there's about two minutes of this story used in the track itself.
As far as the dub goes, the goal was different: “I was trying to create something more in the Soulfuric style. I put more chords in, some trumpets & horns and paid for an expensive live bass player. In the end I chopped it all up, keeping just one line of the bass, and I threw the horns away”. The last piece of the jigsaw fell into place with a kick and snare provided by Eric Prydz.
The package contains four mixes, of which two, (Nevadapella & Dub tool), are essentially DJ tools. In addition you will find the “Original” including a full vocal and “Dubwell”. Judging by the reaction so far this looks certain to cause dance-floor mayhem all the way through the festive season and beyond."
[url=https://discord.gg/JrZ2a7s4aW][color=#FF0000]Axwell Forum Discord Server[/color][/url]
Seveli13
I worship Axwell
since 2014

Seveli13 Send private message Post 28 Sep 2016, 14:41

Blommarn wrote:Cool backstory of Axwell's Wait A Minute, that i found :)
Enjoy

"This is the third release in as many months for deVICE, and like its predecessors, this is another dance-floor monster. Hailing from Sweden, Axwell has spent the last few years earning a reputation for creating quality dance music, delivering a varied sound that crosses musical boundaries in its appeal. Following his two releases under the Mambana banner and last year's gem as Jetlag, Axwell returns on November 21 st ably assisted by Nevada on vocals.
The track itself is the result of an idea he had whilst walking home from his studio one evening. “I got this bass-line idea in my head along with the drums, so I recorded the basic idea into my phone and when I played it back it sounded really cool”. As for the vocals, Axwell knew he was looking for a falsetto and this is where Nevada steps in. The two had known each other for a number of years, but this is their only collaboration to date.
The spoken segment of the vocal is the result of some creative thinking from Axwell. “…I looped the backing track for about thirty minutes and just had him talk; with help from a little red wine he told me one of his stories”. After some serious editing there's about two minutes of this story used in the track itself.
As far as the dub goes, the goal was different: “I was trying to create something more in the Soulfuric style. I put more chords in, some trumpets & horns and paid for an expensive live bass player. In the end I chopped it all up, keeping just one line of the bass, and I threw the horns away”. The last piece of the jigsaw fell into place with a kick and snare provided by Eric Prydz.
The package contains four mixes, of which two, (Nevadapella & Dub tool), are essentially DJ tools. In addition you will find the “Original” including a full vocal and “Dubwell”. Judging by the reaction so far this looks certain to cause dance-floor mayhem all the way through the festive season and beyond."
"Amateur-ish stuff" - Axwell, 2015 :roll: :? :(
Blommarn
I worship Axwell
since 2016
Fostex T20RP
JBL L40
Primare P30
Technics SL-1200MK3D
Harman Kardon 730

Blommarn Send private message Post 28 Sep 2016, 16:02

PATWELL
I worship Axwell
since 2016

PATWELL Send private message Post 28 Sep 2016, 17:10

Enjoy

This is awesome. Great find. One of his best tracks without a doubt. I wish we had background info like this on all his releases.
"If the music makes you feel something before your brain tells you something, that's good."
- Axwell
Blommarn
I worship Axwell
since 2016
Fostex T20RP
JBL L40
Primare P30
Technics SL-1200MK3D
Harman Kardon 730

Blommarn Send private message Post 28 Sep 2016, 17:26

Managed to find an "introduction" of Axwell on Soulfuric where he talks about himself and Jetlag - So Right.
axwellsoulfuric.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PATWELL
I worship Axwell
since 2016

PATWELL Send private message Post 29 Sep 2016, 01:28

Hoping a more experienced fan can help me out. Lyrics for Axwell - To The Music (Extended Plugin Mix)? Having a hard time finding them.
"If the music makes you feel something before your brain tells you something, that's good."
- Axwell
sobieski902
I worship Axwell
since 2008

sobieski902 Send private message sobieski902 Post 29 Sep 2016, 14:02

Enjoy

Great find Mr. Blommarn :) And a very great collection of Videos you provide to us.

I bet everyone knows the original
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEBGZn-FqDs
Born in Germany, raised in music
Didas
I worship Axwell
since 2011

Didas Send private message Post 29 Sep 2016, 14:12

sobieski902 wrote:
Enjoy

Great find Mr. Blommarn :) And a very great collection of Videos you provide to us.

I bet everyone knows the original
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEBGZn-FqDs
Ax... sorry, Blommarn stop posting those epic vids and stories...

this is so great to read and to listen proper old school music from the boss
"When I'm making music I try to create something that is different... something that makes my ears happy.."