The Axwell Forum Podcast (Final Episode)

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
Send private message https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio

Post Vinelli01 Jan 2017, 15:16

Latest post of the previous page:

So many years, so many episodes.. :mrgreen:
Vinelli
I worship Axwell

Post Vinelli01 Jan 2017, 15:16

In the summer of 2012, something great happened.

After talking about hundreds of livesets, mixtapes and of course mixshows here on our board, we decided it was time for the forum itself to join the airwaves. And what started out as small fun little community thing, ended up being…well, something much bigger of which we can be very proud of!

But after all those years filled with specials, milestones, featured Axtone guestmixers but most importantly, you guys in one way or another, we felt that it was the right time to give the Forum Podcast a proper farewell with a very last episode.

Now don’t despair! We are going to reboot the show, starting this year. Axwell Forum Radio will continue where AFP will stop. Axwell Forum Radio, or AFR I guess, will incorporate the forum way more. I think you will see/hear what I mean by that when you listen to the very First episode around end of January.

But until that that time comes, let’s enjoy AFP with this last chapter. We conclude the podcast with a very very VERY special episode. Over the past few months, I’ve contacted those who once did a mix for the show and asked to pick ONE track they’ve played that was key to their entire episode.

It took some more time than I thought it would, but after a lot of asking around, searching, rebooting, remashing, designing and mixing we at last ended up with 50 essential tracks that tell the tale of 50 episodes of the Axwell Forum Podcast.

So for the very last time, enjoy!

Artwork: Muscat
Mixer: RomainG

Tracklist:

01. Axwell - Feel The Vibe
02. Adriatique - Deeper Love w/ Axwell - Feel The Vibe (Acapella)
03. Maceo Plex - Can't Leave You
04. Booka Shade & Fritz Kalkbrenner - Crossing Border (Pleasurekraft Remix) w/ Satin Jacket - You Make Me Feel Good
05. Discopolis - Committed To Sparkle Motion w/ Discopolis - Committed To Sparkle Motion (CLMD Remix) w/ Juanmy.R - Pandeigo
06. Fedde Le Grand - Metrum (UMEK Remix)
07. Abel Ramos vs. Lykke Li - Latex Rivers (Treble & Sonido Reboot)
08. TV Rock feat. Rudi - Been A Long Time (Axwell Remode Mix) w/ Hard Rock Sofa & Skidka - Arms Around Me (Chocolate Puma Remix)
09. Hard Rock Sofa & Skidka - Arms Around Me w/ Temper Traps - Sweet Disposition (Axwell & Dirty South Mix) w/ Hard Rock Sofa & Skidka - Arms Around Me (Acapella) w/ Hardwell - Three Triangles
10. Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (Swedish House Mafia Remix)
11. Henrik B feat. Rudy - Leave A Light On (NO_ID Remix) w/ Fehrplay - Runaway w/ Henrik B feat. Rudy - Leave A Light On (Acapella)
12. Hook N Sling & Axwell vs. Joris Voorn - Tokyo Miyagi (Vinelli AFP Edit)
13. Gadjo feat. Alexandra Prince - So Many Times
14. ATFC - Can You Feel Me?
15. Hardsoul feat. Ron Carrol - Back Together (Seamus Haji Club Mix)
16. Latin Trinity - Summer Breeze (Axwell Club Mix)
17. Armand Van Helden - I Want Your Soul
18. Mambana - Felicidad (Axwell Vocal Mix)
19. DJ Le Roi & Roland Clark - I Get Deep (Joris Voorn This Is Not A Remix) w/ Julien Jabre - Swimming Places (Sebastian Ingrosso Re-Edit) w/ Fatboy Slim & Riva Starr - Eat Sleep Rave Repeat (Acapella)
20. Age of Love - Age Of Love (Funkerman Mix)
21. Prok & Fitch - Aztec
22. Dosem - Origin
23. Mark Fanciulli - The Tide (Joris Voorn Edit)
24. Laurent Garnier - Flashback (Christian Smith & Webba Remix) w/ Steve Angello - Voices (Eric Prydz Remix)
25. Mutiny UK & Steve Mac feat. Nate James - Feel The Pressure (Axwell & NEW_ID WTP Mix) w/ CamelPhat feat. Eden - Siren Song (NEW_ID Remix)
26. Axwell - Center Of The Universe (Remode) w/ Starkillers & Alex Kenji feat. Nadia Ali - Pressure (Alesso Instrumental Mix) w/ Axwell - Center Of The Universe (Acapella) w/ Tate & Diamond - Electrified (Mat Zo Remix)
27. Axwell, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike vs. Avicii vs. Kanye West - One Bromance Look Lockdown (Smashin Phat Beats Mashup)
28. Eric Prydz vs CHVRCHES - Tether
29. Michael Jackson vs. Denis The Menace & Big World - The Rebirth of Thriller (Treble & Sonido Reboot)
30. Axwell, Steve Angello, Sebastian Ingrosso & Laidback Luke feat. Deborah Cox - Leave The World Behind (Trinary Flight Bootleg) w/ Denis The Menace & Big World - The First Rebirth
31. NEW_ID - Aerogames (Trinary Flight's Armageddon Intro Edit)
32. Kraak & Smaak feat. Stee Downes - How We Gonna Stop The Time (NEW_ID Remix) w/ The Aston Shuffle - Tear It Down (NEW_ID Remix) (AFP NEW_ID Remixes Special Edit)
33. Miike Snow - Silvia (Sebastian Ingrosso & Dirty South Remix) w/ Eric Prydz - Pjanoo w/ Miike Snow - Silvia (Acapella)
34. Ivan Gough & Feenixpawl feat. Georgi Kay - In My Mind (Axwell Mix)
35. Seinabo Sey - Hard Time (Gazlind Remix)
36. Mark Knight - Nothing Matters w/ Altego & Chris Avantgarde - Chimera
37. Swedish House Mafia feat. Tinie Tempah - Miami 2 Ibiza
38. Swedish House Mafia vs. Knife Party - Antidote (Swedish House Mafia Dub) w/ Green Velvet - Flash (Nicky Romero Remix)
39. Copyright feat. Mr. V & Miss Patty - In Da Club (Chocolate Puma Remix) w/ Toto - Africa w/ Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike - Chattahoochee (Acapella) (Wakandacoverman & Romain G AFP Edit)
40. M83 & Eric Prydz vs. Axwell - Midnight City Vibe (Pete K Mashup)
41. Simon De Jano vs. The Underdog Project - Sunshine Jam (House5 Mashup)
42. Junior Sanchez - I Believe In (Third Party Remix)
43. Dirty South & Thomas Gold - Eyes Wide Open
44. DubVision & Feenixpawl - Destination
45. Dimitri Vangelis & Wyman vs. Steve Angello - Payback w/ David Guetta feat. Cozi - Baby When the Light (Dirty South Remix)
46. Swedish House Mafia - Together Greyhound Raise Your Hands (Anzjøn Reboot) w/ Queen - We Are The Champions (Acapella)
47. Deniz Koyu - To The Sun
48. Stockholm Syndrome - Pressure (Instrumental Mix) w/ Dirty South & Alesso feat. Ruben Haze - City Of Dreams
49. Above & Beyond - Good For Me (Matt Lange Remix)
50. Axwell - Waiting For So Long
Last edited by Vinelli on 01 Jan 2017, 19:39, edited 5 times in total.
Vinelli
I worship Axwell

Post Vinelli01 Jan 2017, 15:17

I want to conclude by thanking some people. Because although the AFP has always been the fun little community project it started out as, it doesn’t mean that it didn’t require a lot of work!

First of all, Josh (Muscat). For this final episode, a collage of all the great AFP art was only fitting. So when I was collecting all of the individual artwork, it dawned upon me how much work and creativity Josh has put into this podcast. The amount of fantastic AFP artwork the man created is dazzling. And that is nicely shown into this final mashup of 4 years of design (have a look at the full sized art: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yiwm7s35aq5gp ... 2.png?dl=0). The very last artwork you see is something he did personally for me. It’s for an episode that I never got around finishing, but it’s as much part of the AFP artwork to me as all of the others. It symbolizes his talent he showcases each and every episode. I can’t put into words how much I appreciate him for all of the time and effort he invested into giving a face to the Music. Thank you so much Josh!

Second the rest of the AFP team: Jakub (Hardsoul), Helder (Hedz) and Jung (JZ123). All three of them really helped out behind the scenes making AFP for what it is. Not only with general planning, but the three also helped a lot individually. Helder made a wicked website that will hopefully be restored to it’s former glory one day for AFR, and Jung being the IT wizard that he is was able to help a lot realizing it. Jakub has maintained the podcast socials and thereby extended our reach greatly beyond the forum, allowing our audience to become bigger than we could have ever dreamt of. Not only that, but his work on our iTunes has helped creating a huge library for every episode ever to be stored and not forgotten!

I also want to take some time to put Romain (RomainG) in the spotlights. The man has done more mixes for the podcast than anyone else, and ever since the beginning he has made a very special mark on the show. Many of the specials you’ve listened to where done by him, and in such a way I can only respect. Sometimes I had to ask him to mix this huge special in less than two days time, but he never backed off or failed, as on every single occasion the man delived this beautifully crafted mix as if it was nothing. Romain has done so much for the show with his mixing, that I only felt it was the right thing for him to mix the very last episode. Romain amazed me time and time again during all these AFP episodes he did, and for the very last AFP this was not different. Romain, you’ve made a beautiful end to an era with this episode and I’m glad it was you who mixed the final edition of the show!

And finally, you guys of course! A lot of you have contributed in some way or another. As you might know, the podcast fully bloomed when we got it on Soundcloud. No matter how controversial the platform might be, especially now, it still is the nicest way to make our podcast dreams come true. And we couldn’t host it on there without you guys donating for the show. I know, I know, I’ve thanked you each year you made the money available already, but for the very last time: THANK YOU. But also simply listening and sharing helped a lot. Every play, share or like has given more life to the project and I thank you for that gesture as well.

And to come full circle, I want to thank all of the mixers and bootleggers that put their time into creating something great for the show. AFP obviously got formed by your very effort. This episode as well was realized by your cooperation with selecting the essential tracks to use!

So in short, the Axwell Forum Podcast has always been about this forum and it’s this forum that made AFP possible.

Thank you all!
Last edited by Vinelli on 01 Jan 2017, 19:51, edited 1 time in total.
Seveli13
I worship Axwell

Post Seveli1301 Jan 2017, 15:26

Tracklist looks pretty decent, looking forward to hearing the mix and the new format of the podcast, thanks VINELLI ;)
Miguel_6_
Axwell lover

Post Miguel_6_01 Jan 2017, 16:58

Great work guys :!: :!:
Ctirad89
I worship Axwell
Send private message https://www.facebook.com/Jespersound
DJ Gear: Traktor, Sennheiser

Post Ctirad8901 Jan 2017, 16:59

I was lucky that I could made two episodes. The first one was classic episode into which I've put more groovy side of house music, some of my mashups and also I wanted to have in my episode some famous classic record. In this case it was bootleg on Axwell and Dirty South timeless remix on 'Sweet Disposition' which contain vocals from Dirty South record 'With You'. I think that all guys who were involved in this podcast always wanted bring something new, unique and different.

And the second episode which I did was AFP special with the best tracks from 2015 based on our votes. My task was create mix which will contain all those tracks which were favorite between members and for which we voted. This episode was split on two parts and I've made the part which contain moreless only club tracks.

I'm also super excited to see and hear what you have prepared in the near future!
Last edited by Ctirad89 on 02 Jan 2017, 15:10, edited 2 times in total.
hedz
I worship Axwell
Send private message helderdiniz

Post hedz01 Jan 2017, 19:10

It was an amazing ride I must say. I'm so glad that I had the pleasure to join the team and be part of this. It made the forum much more alive back then and it was amazing to see everyone reacting to every mix in a different way and wanted to leave their mark on the podcast, because this podcast is history. And whoever participated in it whether in picking a track or by being the guest mixer, are now marked on the history of this forum, in a good way.

I had the pleasure to mix in four different episodes, which is freaking amazing to me because I really loved the idea since day one. I would mix for every episode if I could, but that wouldn't be fair for sure... :P Vinelli reached out to everyone of us, mixers, to choose a track from their mix and I think it would be a good idea to say which ones and why is it picked. I encourage everyone else to do so as well, it makes the episode even more special.

-------------- incoming wall of text --------------

Episode 002: Fehrplay - Runaway
One of the very first AFP episodes. It was an Axbeach episode, so I had to keep the theme and boy it was fitting perfectly what I was grooving at the time. My pick of Runaway was because this track was at the time, my favorite for a very long time. And it still is a long time favorite for me that I'll always listen to. It was so different from what I was used to listen in that style and it was released in a time that I was liking a lot of deeper styles of house music and Runaway is a mix of everything I like. To me, timing was key for this track.

The way this track was incorporated into this mix makes me love it even more now, that Leave A Light On acapella over it makes me shiver. So good.

Episode 006: Hardwell - Three Triangles
This episode was an Axclub episode, which I wanted to showcase where my mixing skills really are. Fast paced mashups and big drops.
About my pick... Hardwell is far from being an artist that I care or even follow, so seeing this kind of track made by his hands was kind of surprising for me... Specially because I consider this track out of this world! It's so freaking good in every way. I feel like it's a mix of that 2008-2010 dutch house and 2012's Big Room sound, which to me sounded incredible.

I picked this track because it's the track that marked me the most from all tracks that I played on that episode, apart from Center Of The Universe.

Episode 011: Miike Snow - Silvia (Sebastian Ingrosso & Dirty South Remix)
Once more I had the task of an Axbeach themed episode which I was really digging at the time. Instead of going all-in on playing my all time favorites, I decided to play all tracks that I was digging at the time and it worked splendidly. But I actually opened an exception, which was to Silvia. It was at a time that Miike Snow were releasing a new album and I started listening to their old stuff again and I couldn't stay away from Silvia for months. The track is so freaking amazing but yet so simple.

This episode stood out to me because I played my very first Tech House track, which was a remix of Rub A Dub's Empty Pages. I really liked the reaction from the forum afterwards, I received some love and a lot of useful feedback for future productions.

Episode 020: Age Of Love - The Age Of Love (Funkerman Mix)
This episode was a very special one, not only for the mix, but we also revealed the brand new website that I developed and that made me join the AFP team. This was at a time that the club & beach mixes ended, but since I loved that format from the start, I wanted to make something similar. So I played all Big Room and Progressive tracks that I loved and also decided to include all the Tech and Deep tracks. I also pushed it over the edge by playing two own-produced tracks, Evolution a solo track of mine that I'm really proud of and a collaboration with my friend Diogo Monteiro. The feedback received was great and I've improved the tracks drastically and released Evolution shortly after. Sadly I never released 'ID' because me and Diogo never got 100% satisfied with all the tweaks.

This was also my favorite mix that I ever did. Tracklist-wise and the reason to.

My track pick is The Age Of Love... Not many words can describe this track. It's timeless, amazing, groovy, addictive... Can't describe it by words on what it makes to my ears.

-------------- wall of text ends --------------

Overall AFP was a really delightful experience for me and I'm really glad that I could be a part of its history. I'm hoping for great things for Axwell Forum Radio as well, just stay tuned and interested... Vinelli is a master mind and if he was able to build AFP to the great thing it was, then there's no doubt that he will make AFR amazing as well.
I've started uploading my mashes on Youtube also: https://youtube.com/user/hedzmusic // https://soundcloud.com/helderdiniz
purtnit
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: ABLETON 9

Post purtnit01 Jan 2017, 19:43

i do just the tracks i like, simple as that, may it be a pad, synth, whatever: if it makes me feel something i like to play it, i do not play for anyone, i do it mostly for me, to enjoy the music i like and if other people do like it aswell i am happy about it. in afp i always liked the passion for the music and the scene, also the respect for each others musical interests.
PATWELL
I worship Axwell

Post PATWELL01 Jan 2017, 21:21

Wow, really nice looking tracklist. So glad to see Latin Trinity - Summer Breeze (Axwell Club Mix) in there! Probably one of my top 10 Ax tracks.
"If the music makes you feel something before your brain tells you something, that's good."
- Axwell
dperssonn
I worship Axwell

Post dperssonn01 Jan 2017, 21:21

Loving it! well done!

Is it possible to get a DL for this episode?
DCBull
I worship Axwell

Post DCBull01 Jan 2017, 23:19

To kept it short: My first AFP was my first (and somewhat amateurish ) attempt of doing a mix. However it always has been a platform where you could present the music you like, explore new sounds and re-find old gems. It was open for everyone.
For that I am very grateful, so thanks to all the guys that put so much hard work in the AFP.
My first choice was Swimming Places (Sebastian Ingrosso) Remix which shows a different and more housy side of the former SHM protégé. That's the sort of music that made me come visiting this and the old shm forum in the first place. So that was kinda fitting I suppose.

The second track is the Prydz version of Tether, which is an epitome of euphoria and at the time was freshly released.
Like my second AFP episode my musical taste changed during that time, there where hints of Trap and Techno mixed with progressive house.

I'm definitely looking forward for what's coming next and it's your fault that I'm bouncing my head on the train right now to this fantastic and final episode!