Anyone been to Ibiza?

Anything goes!
JackCooper
Axwell digger

Post by JackCooper » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:37 pm

Hi guys! A few friends and I (we're gonna be 5-7 ppl) are planing to travel to Ibiza this summer. None of us has been there before but I'm sure some of you have. So I would like to know if you have any recommendation for a hotel near "Playa d'en Bossa"? It doesn't have to be the fanciest place in the world, we just need a place where we can rest a couple of hours in the morning. I hope you can help us, thanks!
pow
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: None

Post by pow » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:21 am

You could try this website instead of hotel maybe -> airbnb.com
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio

Post by Vinelli » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:09 am

I'm not sure if you've already found something, but I can imagine if you haven't, taking in mind that playa bossa/the south is quite expensive since it's the tourist part of the island. So maybe you should think about ( :mrgreen: ) this alternative.

I went last year but I stayed in the north for practically nothing at all , especially if you compare it with the exuberant prices they ask in most of the southern hotels. For instance, Ushuaia ask for around 1000 euros a night, while I stayed in my b&b for 10 days, paying half of that. The north is considered to be the "civilized" part of ibiza where most of the actual residents live, so it's more quiet and much more beautiful (the best beaches are there as well).

The thing about Ibiza is that it's really really small. You travel from the absolute north to, let's say, las salinas in less than one hour by car, depending if the rare but possible traffic jam occurs. The roads are also really empty at night, so from a party somewhere in the south or ST Antonio (where all the famous clubs like Cafe Del Mar, Mambo ect are), you should get home fairly quick. One downside is that they are really poorly lid, so it's handy to have a tomtom around, cause it's nearly impossible to read the road signs. The cost of renting a car varies greatly. I say that the cheapest possible option is around 50 euros a day. But it's quite essential that you have one. You really really limit your options during your stay if you don't. The public transit is quite poor, since there is only a handful of buslines that go like once an hour and they are inactive on sundays. Most beaches are also not included in their stops, so GET A CAR.

If you don't like the idea of one of your friends on coca cola all night long to be the designated driver, you can also consider a cab to take you back home. The max amount you would pay is 50 euros in total. If you're with a group that fits in one cab, I think you would pay 10 euros to get home. If you take the last bus (which departs from roughly 17:00/18:00 from the north to Eivissa or any other of the major places), you pay around 3 euros in total, since the buses are really cheap there. So that's 13-15 euros to get to and from the city, which is even cheaper than renting a car (STILL GET ONE THOUGH)

I hope this helps.

I leave you with five tips that are a must to take with you, regardless if you stay in the north or south.

1- If you want to see the sunset, you must got to ST. Antonio. If you want to see the sunset at Cafe del mar, which is highly recommendable, be sure to be there around 19:00 as ST Antonio is the busiest part of ibiza at night. But it's well worth the wait! The sun really seems to plumit to the earth like a red meteor, it's an awesome sight!

2- If you decide to drink, try to "drink in" with beer from a local supermarket, as the clubs like to charge you with unreal prices. That way, you don't have to spend a fortune to get hammered haha.

3- Dont rely too much on tourist books when visiting a beach. They take pictures during the winter periods, so it looks like you will find yourself on a desolate tropical private island. Almost all beaches in the south and west are heavily occupied and insanely crowded. Go to the north or the east, the beaces are less "commercial" there (they charge you around 5 for a parasol/bed, where in the south they charge you for 15 for a parasol alone). The most beautiful and amazing place of the island, according to me and my girlfriend as well, has to be Aguas Blancas. It's GORGEOUS. One of those rare exceptions to the rule that pictures lie. It's everything those blogs and books tell you it is. We ended up visiting it almost every day and it quickly became our main beach.

4- Go the the "Fish Shack". If you haven't heard about it yet, it's a really famous yet "underground" place that all the dj's and producers go to. The menu consist of whatever they caught from the ocean that day, but whatever it is it's delicious. The shack has been passed on from generation to generation, yet they still don't do facebook/twitter or even a website! It's also not even located at any map, so it's quite a mysterious but really essential place to go! The way to get there is to go to the most northern part of Talamanca Beach. Eventually you will reach a point where the sand stops and you get a rock formation. Climb that shit, and you will see a small hut with white plastic chairs and parasols. DONT let that fool you though, the food is fantastic and you can see a partial sunset which is truly brilliant. One of the highlights of my journey.

ps: 5. And finally...GET A CAR

Have fun mate!
hrvoje42
I worship Axwell

Post by hrvoje42 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:18 am

I will most likely go to Ibiza next year. I'm curious about traffic jams and parking. I see that the prices of hotels are much cheaper on the north or east part of the island. So if I come with a car to Playa den Bossa or Ibiza Town or San Antonio during day, and to Space or Amnesia or Ushuaia during night will it be hard for me to find a parking? And is parking paid or free?

Also, is it safe to leave your things unattended on the beach?
Didas
I worship Axwell

Post by Didas » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:39 am

hrvoje42 wrote:I will most likely go to Ibiza next year. I'm curious about traffic jams and parking. I see that the prices of hotels are much cheaper on the north or east part of the island. So if I come with a car to Playa den Bossa or Ibiza Town or San Antonio during day, and to Space or Amnesia or Ushuaia during night will it be hard for me to find a parking? And is parking paid or free?

Also, is it safe to leave your things unattended on the beach?

Go to San Antonio (Hotels, Hostels) more cheaper, less traffic, less confusion. You have there the best beaches around, the west side of the island is awesome, you can see the buest sunsets overthere. You have there Cafe Mambo too, Cafe del Mar, and other spots...
If u stay there, go to Ibiza for clubs by bus, its free if u have any entrance/bracelet to a club already paid. but if you by car, decent times, well.. you can try to find some place to park...

if u need more help or suggestion for other things let me know... anything.
"When I'm making music I try to create something that is different... something that makes my ears happy.."
hrvoje42
I worship Axwell

Post by hrvoje42 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:05 am

What about Es Canar? I booked a hotel there (it's free cancellation, so I booked it just in case).

Thanks for your help, I will surely have more questions, but I still have a whole year to plan so its not so urgent yet.

I will continue to look for hotels in San Antonio, maybe something interesting comes up on Booking
Didas
I worship Axwell

Post by Didas » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:48 pm

hrvoje42 wrote:What about Es Canar? I booked a hotel there (it's free cancellation, so I booked it just in case).

Thanks for your help, I will surely have more questions, but I still have a whole year to plan so its not so urgent yet.

I will continue to look for hotels in San Antonio, maybe something interesting comes up on Booking
ah ok..next year.... u have time :D :D
"When I'm making music I try to create something that is different... something that makes my ears happy.."
childrenofthewild
I worship Axwell

Post by childrenofthewild » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:06 am

Spent the week in Ibiza and thought it might be interesting for some if I'm sharing my experience

We arrived on monday night, checked into our hotel in San Antonio and took the discobus from the central station to Space. Mondays is the Onyx night at Space this year and this week the main act on the Terrace was Fritz Kalkbrenner (who is quite famous in Germany). The Sunset Live stage was open aswell and the We Play The Music We Love guys played a nice set to get us in the mood. We then went to the Terrace and caught the end of B.Traits set which was OK. Then Fritz came on and played a really nice live set (as expected). Unfortunately he did not sing live (as he usually does) so it was a full instrumental set until he closed out with a special edit of 'Sky And Sand'. Louisahhh! played after him but we left after the intro.

We arrived at Pacha (tuesdays = mosaic by maceo plex) at around just after midnight to catch some of the Agents Of Time set before Kölsch was supposed to go on at 1:30, but they changed the set times last minute and he actually went on an hour earlier. Agents Of Time actually played a really nice, banging techno set but it was a bit too early for that imo. Kölsch went on and the dancefloor slowly got more and more packed. He played a great melodic set which we really enjoyed. After him everybody turned around to the other booth where Stephan Bodzin was playing live. I had heard good things about him and he succeeded my expectations. After him Maceo Plex finished things off nicely.
One of our highlights for was our brief chat with Kölsch (who has german origins and is perfectly fluent), he seems like a really really nice guy and even took a picture with us :)

We went to Ushuaïa for the AxIng residency at around 18:00. Josefin Rosén played a solid warmup set until around 19:30, before SeeB went on for a dj set. I honestly thought they might play a nice beachy warmup but boy was I wrong..they played by far the worst set I've heard all year (super random edits paired with mediocre track selection) and were quite annoying on the mic aswell. After them Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano played quite a good set to get the crowd going. Up until 22:00 we hung out at the side/back of the stage (which is completely open for everyone) to maybe catch Ax for a minute but they didn't come out until their set started unfortunately. But we met Sylvain Armand there who is a really nice guy aswell.
Then we went into the crowd (the place was packed af by now) and saw a nice 2hour set by them. The show production by Comix, Pyro Pete etc was really nice as always, even though I think the stage design is by far the worst this year, as it gives a way smaller role to the visuals. The highlight for us was when they dropped the Ladi dadi / sing2me / alright edit from 2012 (with my favorite visuals aswell).
Also: Ben (Kreitner) was there too and we saw him have a friendly chat with Sebbe.
Here's the full TL: http://www.1001tracklists.com/tracklist ... 08-17.html

We went to Space (thursdays = Afterlife) at around 1:00 and hung out at the Sunset Live stage and the Chamber (which was in the Main Room and not in the Salon, kinda weird) for about an hour which was the perfect warmup before we went to the Terrace to catch the end of Mind Against's set, which was nice. Then Rødhåd started at around 2:45 and he destroyed the place as he usually does. We only caught the first 20-30 mins of Tale Of Us and left at around 5:00 to get some sleep.

As many of you know, the prices for drinks are pretty crazy in Ibiza. 0.3ml Water costs 8€ @ Space and Pacha, Beers are 12€, Vodka/RedBull 22€…
The sound in all three venues was top class in my opinion, maybe Pacha had the best. I would highly recommend bringing ear plugs though, especially if you’re staying even longer than we did.

If I had to choose which night I liked the most it would probably be a close call between Mosaic and Afterlife...both have a special yet different vibe to them. Mosaic might just get the edge (this time at least ;))

I might post some videos throughout the next couple of days as we took quite a few, if anyone is interested in anything particular feel free to let me know
hrvoje42
I worship Axwell

Post by hrvoje42 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:19 am

childrenofthewild wrote:
As many of you know, the prices for drinks are pretty crazy in Ibiza. 0.3ml Water costs 8€ @ Space and Pacha, Beers are 12€, Vodka/RedBull 22€…
The sound in all three venues was top class in my opinion, maybe Pacha had the best. I would highly recommend bringing ear plugs though, especially if you’re staying even longer than we did.
How much is the entrance to the clubs?

How much is water/food in shops and restaurants?
Didas
I worship Axwell

Post by Didas » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:39 am

hrvoje42 wrote:
childrenofthewild wrote:
How much is the entrance to the clubs?

How much is water/food in shops and restaurants?
well... if u have any contacts, (or you can make easier with ppl over there in the streets) I suggest you to buy the tickets earlier, from 30 to 55euros. buy food and drinks in mini markets and stuff like that... forget to but drinks inside the clubs..u have to be already fucked up before you get in :lol: :lol: :lol: