Movies

Anything goes!
House5
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Denon DN-MC6000
VirtualDJ Pro

Post House511 Jan 2016, 13:51

Latest post of the previous page:

They said the whole extended universe thing is not part of Star Wars story anymore, so I think it's great to add more movies in order to know in detail the new Star Wars story now, I don't have any problem with that if it's properly made.

The Star Wars Rogue One teaser is quite dark, I like this, I hope this is the direction they took when they made it : a dark and interesting story !
"You showed us, and the world, that Paris is much more than the Eiffel Tower and Mona Lisa..."
Axwell, Bercy @ Paris, Saturday, December the 8th 2012.

Luigi vs. House5...
ggssmm
I worship Axwell
Send private message http://soundcloud.com/guilherme-miranda

Post ggssmm13 Jan 2016, 12:26

The Force Awakens is great, though it lacks originality. I see it as a remake of A New Hope. It has so many elements from the episode IV...

As a standalone movie, it is outstanding. But it does not add new things to the series. It is the same story with different characters.
Extensity
I worship Axwell

Post Extensity13 Jan 2016, 13:23

ggssmm wrote:The Force Awakens is great, though it lacks originality. I see it as a remake of A New Hope. It has so many elements from the episode IV...

As a standalone movie, it is outstanding. But it does not add new things to the series. It is the same story with different characters.
I agree with the first paragraph but not with the second one :)
It does add new things and that is the new generation of characters, so that the old ones can move to the background. But as you said, it is similar to the old trilogy a lot. My guess is that they wanted to please the fans by including references to the old trilogy, but kinda overdid it.
In my opinion the movie itself is not that great on its own, but can get better when all three movies will be out.
"For the love of god, can you say INSERT, woman!"
Didas
I worship Axwell

Post Didas13 Jan 2016, 14:37

watch 'The Big Short'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgqG3ITMv1Q

you dont need to like/understand Financial Markets/Stocks etc...but if u do even better. its really great!
"When I'm making music I try to create something that is different... something that makes my ears happy.."
House5
I worship Axwell
VirtualDJ Pro

Post House515 Mar 2016, 19:55

New Indiana Jones in 2019.
"You showed us, and the world, that Paris is much more than the Eiffel Tower and Mona Lisa..."

Luigi vs. House5...
ggssmm
I worship Axwell
Send private message http://soundcloud.com/guilherme-miranda

Post ggssmm15 Mar 2016, 20:07

Didas
I worship Axwell

Post Didas07 Apr 2016, 13:31

https://www.facebook.com/starwars.pt/vi ... 422931282/

nice! looking forward to this one. but why every star wars movie is abuot feminism? marvel vs hunger games? I hope not...
"When I'm making music I try to create something that is different... something that makes my ears happy.."
Extensity
I worship Axwell

Post Extensity07 Apr 2016, 19:48

Didas wrote:https://www.facebook.com/starwars.pt/vi ... 422931282/

nice! looking forward to this one. but why every star wars movie is abuot feminism? marvel vs hunger games? I hope not...
Looks interesting, not exactly what I expected, but that is fine. But where did you come with an idea that every Star Wars movie is about feminism? In the old trilogy, there was literally one woman and that was Leia (not counting a brief appearance of Mon Mothma for example) and in the new trilogy the only main woman character was Padmé. Now we have Rey. That is 3 women in like 100 male characters :lol:
Didas
I worship Axwell

Post Didas08 Apr 2016, 10:27

Extensity wrote:
Didas wrote:https://www.facebook.com/starwars.pt/vi ... 422931282/

Looks interesting, not exactly what I expected, but that is fine. But where did you come with an idea that every Star Wars movie is about feminism? In the old trilogy, there was literally one woman and that was Leia (not counting a brief appearance of Mon Mothma for example) and in the new trilogy the only main woman character was Padmé. Now we have Rey. That is 3 women in like 100 male characters :lol:
what I was trying to say is that Rey was the lead/main actress in the last movie, now we have another girl to be the main actress, like other popcorn movies... star wars is not about a main person.
Extensity
I worship Axwell

Post Extensity08 Apr 2016, 11:21

Didas wrote: what I was trying to say is that Rey was the lead/main actress in the last movie, now we have another girl to be the main actress, like other popcorn movies... star wars is not about a main person.
Yes that is true, but don't forget that Force Awakens supposed to have three leading chracters like in the old trilogy (Rey, Finn, Poe), not just Rey alone. And it was mentioned that in all the spin-offs there will be a bigger focus on a one character, like now or those rumors about Han Solo/Boba Fett/Yoda etc. I guess that in the regular episodes, they just want to follow the model that is set up by the previous ones and in the standalone movies they just want to experiment. I'd say that in Rogue One they want to do some kind of heist/action film in the SW universe and a female hero is there to compensate the lack of women in those previous 6 movies :D

Damn, when it comes to discussion about Star Wars, I can be quite chatty :lol:
House5
I worship Axwell
VirtualDJ Pro

Post House513 Apr 2016, 15:21

Yeah but here I feel like they're trying too hard, like Didas says

Btw can someone explain me all the hate around Batman v Superman ? It definitely doesn't deserve to be bashed like this, it has flaws but cmon, Batman and Superman in the same movie !

And Zimmer + Junkie XL = GOOD

Luigi vs. House5...