Who's Who?

Anything goes!
Dschu
I worship Axwell

Post by Dschu » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:24 pm

pachaibiza wrote:Hey guys, im also from germany, Munich ( wir könnten schon fast alle in deutsch auch sprechen:-) so viele Deutsche wie hier sind)
Im 21 years old, I folliow this forum everyday. I like the forum very much.. I´m a huge axwell fan not since day one but on the day when I was at pacha ibiza twice where SHM performed. I really hope that he will make an album in the next months (DREAM :-)

I´m not a DJ/produceer but I like house music in general.

GREETZ
Willkommen ;) Ja, werden immer mehr Deutsche hier :D
Hi my name's Lachy,
I'm 22 years old and from Australia. I'm into progressive House, tech House, Deep House. I hate Dubstep. My Favourite Producer/DJ is Eric Prydz, but I also love the Swedes, Arno Cost, Arty, Norman Doray, Dirty South and Thomas Gold. Im loving the Forum, it's great to be able to chat with people with a passion for dance music.
Welcome!
camheine
I worship Axwell

Post by camheine » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:52 pm

I never noticed this thread before.
Anyway, im Cam Heine (shocker, huh?)
I love all types of house music, esppecially in the last few years ive kinda stepped away from axwell and explored the house scene more, axwell got me into house music, its that simple,my fav house track ever is ltwb and my fav track of all time is dustland fairytale by the killers, im 17 and from melbourne, and my two dreams are to be an actor or a producer.
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music."
Muscat
I worship Axwell
https://www.facebook.com/joshmuscatdesign

Post by Muscat » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:13 am

Like the above, I joined this forum in late 2011 but never noticed this topic to introduce myself.

I'm Muscat, 17 and from Melbourne. Was exposed to a wide variety of music genres from a young age, but house and trance always stood out. I came across these forums and thought it looked like it had an awesome community and was a great place for music discussion. I'm somewhat of a producer, yet rarely present anything as it's still all fun and practice for me! However art and graphics is a huge part of my life, just another reason why I love Axtone's quality so much. :D
I'm just hoping that after SHM ends, we'll see Axwell's solo career change the entire house music scene into something more along the lines of '08 / '09.

Cheers!
[i]"Turn off your brain and turn on your heart"[/i]
johnmcdaid97
Axwell digger

Post by johnmcdaid97 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:44 pm

Ive been on this fourm since the summer and i've only seen this topic there now anyway let me introduce my self. My name is John i'm a 15 year old DJ and producer from Ireland. I've been listing to various genres of dance music since I was a child everything from disco to hardstyle. I discovered Axwell and the Swedish House Mafia in 2009 after i heard Leave The World Behind and I have been following them ever since. My favourite producer/DJ has to Axwell or Eric Prydz and my favourite track of all time has to be Stardust - Music sounds better with you or the Armand Van Helden remix of Tori Amos - Professional Widow
caspy
Axwell digger
DJ Gear: Pioneer DDJ-T1
NI MASCHINE Mikro
NI Traktor Kontrol F1

Post by caspy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:31 pm

Hi guys, I'm Caspy, 21, from Norway. Been lurking around both the old SHM forums and these forums for several years now actually, finally decided it was about time to actually join in on the fun. My favourite producer has been Axwell ever since I heard his "2 Million Ways" remix, although tied with Daft Punk in first place. My passion in life is house music of all kinds, along with graphic design. I also do a bit of DJ'ing back home in Norway, although exclusively on private parties. My favourite EDM moment was back when I saw SHM live @ Alexandra Palace, London. I'll be looking forward to participating in interesting discussions with you guys.
Dschu
I worship Axwell

Post by Dschu » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:36 pm

caspy wrote:Hi guys, I'm Caspy, 21, from Norway. Been lurking around both the old SHM forums and these forums for several years now actually, finally decided it was about time to actually join in on the fun. My favourite producer has been Axwell ever since I heard his "2 Million Ways" remix, although tied with Daft Punk in first place. My passion in life is house music of all kinds, along with graphic design. I also do a bit of DJ'ing back home in Norway, although exclusively on private parties. My favourite EDM moment was back when I saw SHM live @ Alexandra Palace, London. I'll be looking forward to participating in interesting discussions with you guys.
Welcome ;)
John Wayve
Axwell digger

Post by John Wayve » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:32 pm

My name is Johnny, 28 years old from Holland. Been following this forum before I decided to register late last year.
qwerty
Axwell digger

Post by qwerty » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:19 pm

Hi my name is Rober Gonzalez, i have been following this forum since 2009 as a guest decided to register in 2011 didnt make much activity so i gave my ancient account to Evan and in 2012 i registered myself again to participate more talking about music in the ax community

im 20 years old, im from Madrid, Spain and i like music in general from rock to house and hip hop. My favourite dj/producer is Axwell as from day 1 his music gave me that unindescribable feeling deep in you that no other dj has reach.

I also like to produce music and everything connected to creativity and make new things.
oskar
I worship Axwell

Post by oskar » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:01 pm

I think I gave myself never a proper introduction, i always interfered.

So Im Oskar Baeten, 24 and travelling between Belgium and Holland (Brussels & Breda) because of an internship at a company in Brussels and most likely in the future because of a Job :)

Im here since 2009 but became really active last year during the OLT. I just like to talk about good and crap music, grindin my gears about the frustrating things in the scene, and highlight the beautiful fresh things in the scene as well.

I make music myself, recently switched from FL to Logic and it's a big move, but i consider my level is going up and up. Im also doing a monthly radio show on local dutch radio where it isnt about playing the latest hits, but i just play what i like and require the same from my guest mixers, most likely in another style im doing.

https://soundcloud.com/oskarbaeten here you can find these radio shows without the jingles from the radio and my latest production, but thats a bit quiet right because of graduating and because logic makes me tweak every detail which i never heard about before while working with FL.

So hi to everyone and let's have an awesome summer together, also with the AFP's!!
MaxBisi
I worship Axwell

Post by MaxBisi » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:11 pm

Hey, call me Max, I’m from Vienna and first off, I would really like to tell you a little bit how I got into the scene. I know the text is very long and some only write a few lines, but that is very important for me because it gives an overview of my listening habits and my opinions on certain topics, also the Axwell-related ones.

I started listening to electronic music around 2010/2011. Darius & Finlay, two Austrian producers, brought me with their two compilations entitled “Do It All Night Vol. 1+2” (I know, that very irrelevant, but just so you know) into the “scene.” My first favorite producer was Avicii, I really loved his style back then – both the more melodic stuff like Bromance, Levels (what a shame that got overplayed!) or his New New New, Drowning or Hang With Me Remixes and the more progressive stuff like Malo, Jailbait, Muja, Street Dancer and so on… From then, everything spread from itself and of course I liked SHM back then. LTWB is a track for me that I’ll be still listening to in around 30 years, it’s just so timeless! I also checked his older stuff and I loved Nothing But Love, Feel The Vibe or his In The Air Remix. There’s just so much great stuff Ax’s done in the last years, but I guess you all know better.

Then, the Big Room hype/trend started in 2013 that lasts till today. In the beginning it was fun but I quickly realized around July/August that all tracks work after a certain formula (wooden percussion sample, hard-distorted kick, “Pryda snare”), so it didn’t only get boring for me, but also really annoying. I simply consider it too aggressive for me. That’s why I am still not supporting the let’s call it “festival sound” of today.

So while the situation starts being hopeless, a guy from Manchester, UK enters the stage: Kriss Knight, better known as Kryder. For me, 2014 was his year without a doubt. I’d known him for a while before from his remixes with Tom Staar (which he’s still doing up today), Ultima and, of course, Aphrodite. I will never forget when Mat Zo dropped it at my favorite club, the “Flex” (Ones you’re in Vienna and a fan of electronic music, you simply MUST go there :D ). Then, in 2014, he started his own radioshow, Kryteria Radio, and his own label, Sosumi Records, where he’s releasing all the tracks for free. Then changed and blew my mind at the same time. Every time I listed to his music or the music from his label, it feels kind of special. I really feel the heard and the commitment to the music – and it’s not about the money or fame. In times like these, where festivals are getting bigger and bigger and everybody wants to be a DJ, including people of public interest (e.g. Paris Hilton), that has a huge meaning to me. I met Kryder in Prague in October 2014 and talked to him for an hour – and all I can tell is that he is the greatest guy on Earth. That really profiled me as an idealist of the scene. Of course it is also my dream then later I would like to do a living out of the music I produce, but it should also be about the music first! Since we’ve met, every time I listen to a track of his, the feelings I have are way more intimate than ever before. His music is groovy, housy and banging at the same. That’s why Kryder is my absolute favorite producer (sorry Ax ;) ) and my profilpic shows that.

One more thing that I would like to give you my opinion on is the obvious Axwell Λ Ingrosso fusion. For me it’s very sad that there was a huge “One Last Tour” and SHM squeezed every single penny out of us. And then, just 6 months later, they announce that two thirds of them are united again. I guess Steve is doing very well with Size and his album, no doubt. But after the split-up, my hope was that all three of them will produce music separately again: Steve on Size, Ingrosso on Refune and Ax on our beloved Axtone. But yeah, Refune wasn’t releasing anything for months and I was like: “What the hell is going on?”

I’m not a friend of the fusion mainly because of two reasons – first, all that great Axwell stuff will still stay unreleased (WMC 08 ID, Think About It etc.) and there won’t be new stuff – and second, Ingrosso shows off again that he can’t do anything on his own, so he really loses a lot of credit. I mean the stuff they do together is fine, production is good (so far Sun Is Shining is my favorite), but that’s just not what I expected after the SHM break-up. For me, Ax is wasting his talent here for the dollar-bills (or should I better say for the krona-bills?). I can only hope that after the album and the tour, they split up again, and Axwell is coming back to his Remodes; that’s what he’s the best doing at. But that’s not gonna happen. But yeah well, hope dies last!

I’m listening to groovy and housey electronic music and that’s why I don’t wanna be thrown into the huge “EDM”-pot. For me, I’m listening to something better, or to stay more objective, something more complex. I don’t comment on every track how awesome it is, but have a very critical eye on production. That’s why I think that I found a great home here at the Axwell Forum. You are all beasts and really have a heart for electronic music. You are supporting and helping out each other. The best example is the AFP, which I love to listen to. Since I know about, I’ve been listening to every episode. You are a great community and that’s heart-warming to see. Guys, keep it up and don’t let good, high quality electronic music die. Once an Axwell fan, always an Axwell fan! :D
#bringthegrooveback