Who's Who?

Anything goes!
MaxBisi Send private message
I worship Axwell

Post by MaxBisi » 16 Nov 2014, 23:11

Latest post of the previous page:

Hey, call me Max, I’m from Vienna and first off, I would really like to tell you a little bit how I got into the scene. I know the text is very long and some only write a few lines, but that is very important for me because it gives an overview of my listening habits and my opinions on certain topics, also the Axwell-related ones.

I started listening to electronic music around 2010/2011. Darius & Finlay, two Austrian producers, brought me with their two compilations entitled “Do It All Night Vol. 1+2” (I know, that very irrelevant, but just so you know) into the “scene.” My first favorite producer was Avicii, I really loved his style back then – both the more melodic stuff like Bromance, Levels (what a shame that got overplayed!) or his New New New, Drowning or Hang With Me Remixes and the more progressive stuff like Malo, Jailbait, Muja, Street Dancer and so on… From then, everything spread from itself and of course I liked SHM back then. LTWB is a track for me that I’ll be still listening to in around 30 years, it’s just so timeless! I also checked his older stuff and I loved Nothing But Love, Feel The Vibe or his In The Air Remix. There’s just so much great stuff Ax’s done in the last years, but I guess you all know better.

Then, the Big Room hype/trend started in 2013 that lasts till today. In the beginning it was fun but I quickly realized around July/August that all tracks work after a certain formula (wooden percussion sample, hard-distorted kick, “Pryda snare”), so it didn’t only get boring for me, but also really annoying. I simply consider it too aggressive for me. That’s why I am still not supporting the let’s call it “festival sound” of today.

So while the situation starts being hopeless, a guy from Manchester, UK enters the stage: Kriss Knight, better known as Kryder. For me, 2014 was his year without a doubt. I’d known him for a while before from his remixes with Tom Staar (which he’s still doing up today), Ultima and, of course, Aphrodite. I will never forget when Mat Zo dropped it at my favorite club, the “Flex” (Ones you’re in Vienna and a fan of electronic music, you simply MUST go there :D ). Then, in 2014, he started his own radioshow, Kryteria Radio, and his own label, Sosumi Records, where he’s releasing all the tracks for free. Then changed and blew my mind at the same time. Every time I listed to his music or the music from his label, it feels kind of special. I really feel the heard and the commitment to the music – and it’s not about the money or fame. In times like these, where festivals are getting bigger and bigger and everybody wants to be a DJ, including people of public interest (e.g. Paris Hilton), that has a huge meaning to me. I met Kryder in Prague in October 2014 and talked to him for an hour – and all I can tell is that he is the greatest guy on Earth. That really profiled me as an idealist of the scene. Of course it is also my dream then later I would like to do a living out of the music I produce, but it should also be about the music first! Since we’ve met, every time I listen to a track of his, the feelings I have are way more intimate than ever before. His music is groovy, housy and banging at the same. That’s why Kryder is my absolute favorite producer (sorry Ax ;) ) and my profilpic shows that.

One more thing that I would like to give you my opinion on is the obvious Axwell Λ Ingrosso fusion. For me it’s very sad that there was a huge “One Last Tour” and SHM squeezed every single penny out of us. And then, just 6 months later, they announce that two thirds of them are united again. I guess Steve is doing very well with Size and his album, no doubt. But after the split-up, my hope was that all three of them will produce music separately again: Steve on Size, Ingrosso on Refune and Ax on our beloved Axtone. But yeah, Refune wasn’t releasing anything for months and I was like: “What the hell is going on?”

I’m not a friend of the fusion mainly because of two reasons – first, all that great Axwell stuff will still stay unreleased (WMC 08 ID, Think About It etc.) and there won’t be new stuff – and second, Ingrosso shows off again that he can’t do anything on his own, so he really loses a lot of credit. I mean the stuff they do together is fine, production is good (so far Sun Is Shining is my favorite), but that’s just not what I expected after the SHM break-up. For me, Ax is wasting his talent here for the dollar-bills (or should I better say for the krona-bills?). I can only hope that after the album and the tour, they split up again, and Axwell is coming back to his Remodes; that’s what he’s the best doing at. But that’s not gonna happen. But yeah well, hope dies last!

I’m listening to groovy and housey electronic music and that’s why I don’t wanna be thrown into the huge “EDM”-pot. For me, I’m listening to something better, or to stay more objective, something more complex. I don’t comment on every track how awesome it is, but have a very critical eye on production. That’s why I think that I found a great home here at the Axwell Forum. You are all beasts and really have a heart for electronic music. You are supporting and helping out each other. The best example is the AFP, which I love to listen to. Since I know about, I’ve been listening to every episode. You are a great community and that’s heart-warming to see. Guys, keep it up and don’t let good, high quality electronic music die. Once an Axwell fan, always an Axwell fan! :D
#bringthegrooveback
RomainG Send private message
I worship Axwell
http://soundcloud.com/RomainG
DJ Gear: Mix
- 2x Pioneer CDJ-900
- 1x Pioneer DJM-900
- 2x Pioneer CDJ-400
- 1x Pioneer DJM-400

Production
- Ableton Live
- Behringer UMX49

Post by RomainG » 17 Nov 2014, 10:30

Very nice text Maxbisi ! Welcome here, I'm sure you're at the good place ! :)

[i][b]Romain G[/b][/i]

[url]http://www.facebook.com/RomainG.Official[/url]
[url]http://twitter.com/RomainGofficial[/url]
[url]http://soundcloud.com/RomainG[/url]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/RomainGOfficial[/url]
Didas Send private message
I worship Axwell

Post by Didas » 20 Nov 2014, 12:39

thats the KIND of stuff we all wanna read in here. Thanks for the time you spend to write that.

cheers
"When I'm making music I try to create something that is different... something that makes my ears happy.."
I worship Axwell

Post by MaxBisi » 25 Nov 2014, 03:03

thanks guys for reading this! Really appreciate it! :D
#bringthegrooveback
Vinelli Send private message
I worship Axwell
https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio

Post by Vinelli » 25 Nov 2014, 10:14

welcome Max! A friend of Kryder is a friend of us :mrgreen:
AxIsKing Send private message
Axwell lover
https://www.facebook.com/FelixKnoxOfficial
DJ Gear: Traktor Kontrol S2

Post by AxIsKing » 09 Dec 2014, 23:40

Wow! Awesome text mate! You are definitely at the right place here!
vysweet Send private message
I worship Axwell

Post by vysweet » 10 Dec 2014, 00:58

Well it's time to introduce me:

I'm Martin, i have 23 years, from Argentina, more precisely from Mendoza, which is located at 1200 km from Buenos Aires (Capital of Argentina), was a former guest of the old forum (Tiny pink forum) :lol:.
Well I like all genres of house, without obvious Electro (Techno, Tech, Progressive, Deep, House,etc.), the unique concerts that were to have been Creamfields 2013 here in Argentina, which was the time he came Steve Angello and Ultra same year but only stayed in the Techno tent.
I never had the chance to see Axwell, when he came this year to Lollapalooza Argentina, and obviously neither Swedish House Mafia because they have never been here (Buenos Aires), I hope someday come (Axwell ^ Ingrosso) even, and also to all the "Groove Cartel" (Kryder, Tom Staar, Dimitri Vangelis & Wyman, NEW_ID, Arno Cost, Norman Doray, etc.).

Btw: I was forgetting too am a small producer who learns over the time.

Edit: I forgot to add that I 've been listening to since I Axwell "Together" or rather from the golden age (Since 2001-2004), also too Bob Sinclair with his "Love Generation" and "World Hold On" then obviously Daft Punk with i remember the video from MTV "Around The World".
I worship Axwell

Post by MaxBisi » 10 Dec 2014, 22:45

AxIsKing wrote:Wow! Awesome text mate! You are definitely at the right place here!
Thanks man! BTW just realized some spelling errors but I'm just too lazy to correct them :D but I hope you get my thoughts^^
#bringthegrooveback
Dhikhej Send private message
I worship Axwell

Post by Dhikhej » 20 Jan 2015, 00:21

Hi, I'm Dominik, 20, currently stuDYING in Bratislava, Slovakia (medicine). My first contact with house music was in 2011 - the first house track I heard was Steve Angello - KNAS. My DJ friend introduced me to this branch of music and I got quickly addicted to those 3 guys- Ax, Seb and Steve. The first gig I attended was Hard Rock Sofa in a small club in Bratislava. Best night of my life. Leave The World Behind was the 1st track that stucked in my head for a long time. My first Axtone track was Miike Snow - The Wave (Thomas Gold Remix). Since then I started following Axtone, I became a huge fan of TG and also Deniz Koyu. I have to agree I jumped on EDM train in 2013 but got quickly bored of it and after few festivals I returned to good old house music - digging the older releases. 2014 hopefully saved my soul with groove and that's it.
Also - I'm not a DJ, producer, just a music lover.
I'm so happy of this forum, you guys are like a huge family, and I'm glad I joined and hopefully, I will give something back to you. Much love <3
Didas Send private message
I worship Axwell

Post by Didas » 21 Jan 2015, 23:16

Dhikhej wrote:Hi, I'm Dominik, 20, currently stuDYING in Bratislava, Slovakia (medicine). My first contact with house music was in 2011 - the first house track I heard was Steve Angello - KNAS. My DJ friend introduced me to this branch of music and I got quickly addicted to those 3 guys- Ax, Seb and Steve. The first gig I attended was Hard Rock Sofa in a small club in Bratislava. Best night of my life. Leave The World Behind was the 1st track that stucked in my head for a long time. My first Axtone track was Miike Snow - The Wave (Thomas Gold Remix). Since then I started following Axtone, I became a huge fan of TG and also Deniz Koyu. I have to agree I jumped on EDM train in 2013 but got quickly bored of it and after few festivals I returned to good old house music - digging the older releases. 2014 hopefully saved my soul with groove and that's it.
I'm so happy of this forum, you guys are like a huge family, and I'm glad I joined and hopefully, I will give something back to you. Much love <3
We Need fans like you. Check Axwell''s live archive. Best gift u can give to your hears
"When I'm making music I try to create something that is different... something that makes my ears happy.."
RomainG Send private message
I worship Axwell
http://soundcloud.com/RomainG
DJ Gear: Mix
- 2x Pioneer CDJ-900
- 1x Pioneer DJM-900
- 2x Pioneer CDJ-400
- 1x Pioneer DJM-400

Production
- Ableton Live
- Behringer UMX49

Post by RomainG » 23 Jan 2015, 21:43

Dhikhej wrote:Hi, I'm Dominik, 20, currently stuDYING in Bratislava, Slovakia (medicine). My first contact with house music was in 2011 - the first house track I heard was Steve Angello - KNAS. My DJ friend introduced me to this branch of music and I got quickly addicted to those 3 guys- Ax, Seb and Steve. The first gig I attended was Hard Rock Sofa in a small club in Bratislava. Best night of my life. Leave The World Behind was the 1st track that stucked in my head for a long time. My first Axtone track was Miike Snow - The Wave (Thomas Gold Remix). Since then I started following Axtone, I became a huge fan of TG and also Deniz Koyu. I have to agree I jumped on EDM train in 2013 but got quickly bored of it and after few festivals I returned to good old house music - digging the older releases. 2014 hopefully saved my soul with groove and that's it.
Welcome man ! :)

[i][b]Romain G[/b][/i]

[url]http://www.facebook.com/RomainG.Official[/url]
[url]http://twitter.com/RomainGofficial[/url]
[url]http://soundcloud.com/RomainG[/url]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/RomainGOfficial[/url]