Who's Who?

Anything goes!
mcribas Online
I worship Axwell
Send private message https://soundcloud.com/marshwell
DJ Gear: Computer (it's important gear nowadays)

Post mcribas Online14 Jun 2016, 16:11

Latest post of the previous page:

Hey guys, I'm Marcelo, 27 years old, a Axwell super fan from Portugal (I've seen some around here :D).

I have to say that I'm quite happy cause I finally got the chance to register in the forum.

Regarding music taste, I'm into groovy house sounds (old school and the new EDM groovy stuff). I also like melodic stuff. In general, my favorite artists are:

Axwell (duh);
DubVision;
Tom Staar;
Kryder;
Dannic (the older one);
Dirty South
Hard Rock Sofa/Shapov
Basically almost every Axtone member :D

Thanks a lot, hope to have some fun here with you guys, giving my opinions and sharing some of my mashups (they suck, but well, not everyone can be Axwell right?).

;)
JesseDM
Axwell fan

Post JesseDM14 Jun 2016, 16:57

Hi guys of the Axwell Forum!

I'm Jesse Mol, 23 years old and based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. So glad I am finally able to participate in this community, because I can't talk on these subjects with my friends since they don't really know anything... Wanted it for a while, but the register option was disabled or something like that. But, now that I am a member, I can finally talk with people who share the same passion about music as I do.

I've been not that long into house music as some of you are. It all started in 2009/2010, when a friend of mine told me to listen to a certain YouTube video. It was called "Penguin/ID" (Fade Into Darkness/Levels) by some dude named Avicii. In the time before that, I was particularly listening to hip-hop/R&B, but this really opened my eyes (or better: ears). Since then, I became more and more interested in house music and started to discover other subgenres and artists.

Little bit of time later, still listening to hip-hop/R&B, I was searching on Pharrell Williams and came across a new track called "One". I already knew LTWB, but this was the way I really discovered SHM. I instantly fell in love with their tracks all of the time, but I was also discovering Ax, Seb & Steve separately. I started to follow them, as well as Axtone, Refune and Size. Axtone and Refune always had my attention, because I liked Ax and Seb. They were always way more energetic than Steve. But nowadays, I'm a massive fan of Steve and Size and I like Steve's ideas on how creating music and a label should be. But don't get me wrong, I still love Ax and Axtone (even though I liked them better in the short past, with the old BFD art and stuff). I'm not really feeling Seb and Refune at the moment, but who knows what the future might bring. Besides former SHM, I'm really into the melodic and more "danceable" music.

Examples of artists that I like are:
- DV&W
- Michael Brun
- Klahr
- Marcus Schössow
- Kryder
- Tom Staar
- Third Party
- NEW_ID

Some of my favorite tracks are:
- Adele - Hometown Glory (Axwell Remode)
- CHVRCHES - Tether (Junior Sanchez Remix)
- Franklyn - Rock The Funky Beat (Original Mix)
- Adrian Lux - Torn Apart (Klahr Remix)
- Steve Angello - Wasted Love [Feat. Dougy Mandagi Of The Temper Trap]
- Axwell + Sebastian Ingrosso vs. Salem Al Fakir - It's True (Original Mix)
- I could name a few more but since my post is long enough already, I'll stop it now

Besides music, I'm a law student. The direction I've chosen is copyright and trademark law because of my interest in the music industry. So forget the "besides music", it has all to do with music.

Well, that's all guys. I'm really looking forward to participate on this forum!
Blommarn
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: FL Studio 11
Fostex T20RP
Asus Xonar Essence STX
Yamaha HS7
Technics SL-1200MK3D
Harman Kardon 730

Post Blommarn14 Jul 2016, 12:19

Hello. I'm Lucas 17yr from Sweden and i have been on this forum for quite a while now and suddenly i was able to register :)

I'm into all kinds of house music. But what i like most is the old stuff from 1998-2008 back then house music was house music and nothing else but nowadays i'm not so sure. House music has become so "mainstreamed".

Anyways here are some of my favorite producers and tracks.

Axwell, and all his aliases
Steve Angello
Eric Prydz
Sebastian ingrosso
D.O.N.S & DBN
George Acosta
StoneBridge
Dirty South

Axwell - Watch The Sunrise(Vocal Dub)
Axwell & Seb Ingrosso - Together(Original Mix)
Axwell - Lead Guitar
Axwell - Feel The Vibe
Demetreus - Better Love(Axwell Remix)
Eclipse - Makes Me Love You(Morning Star Mix)
George Acosta - Free
Magnolia - It's All In Vain(Steve Angello Remix)
Modjo - On Fire
Axwell - Nothing But Love(Classic Mix)/(Extended Vocal Mix)
Axwell - Wait A Minute(Original Mix)/(Dubwell)
Axwell - Pull Over(Extended)
Michelle Wilson - Love Connection(Axwell Dub Mix)
Axwell & Dirty South - Open Your Heart(Vocal Mix)

Yeah, this list can go on forever. Cool to finally be a member here.

Best Regards
Blommarn, Lucas
Seveli13
I worship Axwell

Post Seveli1314 Jul 2016, 12:53

Blommarn wrote:Hello. I'm Lucas 17yr from Sweden and i have been on this forum for quite a while now and suddenly i was able to register :)

I'm into all kinds of house music. But what i like most is the old stuff from 1998-2008 back then house music was house music and nothing else but nowadays i'm not so sure. House music has become so "mainstreamed".

Cool to finally be a member here.

Best Regards
Blommarn, Lucas

Finally someone from the "youngsters" who really appreciate proper House Music and not this "Progressive House" they call it nowadays that has nothing to do with Progressive or House Music...
Welcome good sir ;) 8-)
Blommarn
I worship Axwell
Fostex T20RP
Asus Xonar Essence STX
Yamaha HS7
Technics SL-1200MK3D
Harman Kardon 730

Post Blommarn14 Jul 2016, 13:03

Seveli13 wrote:
Blommarn wrote:Hello. I'm Lucas 17yr from Sweden and i have been on this forum for quite a while now and suddenly i was able to register :)

Best Regards
Blommarn, Lucas

Finally someone from the "youngsters" who really appreciate proper House Music and not this "Progressive House" they call it nowadays that has nothing to do with Progressive or House Music...
Welcome good sir ;) 8-)
I feel ya :cry:

I hope that someday the old house music style will become the big thing again.
Didas
I worship Axwell

Post Didas19 Jul 2016, 15:54

Seveli13 wrote:

Best Regards
Blommarn, Lucas

Welcome good sir ;) 8-)

same here. Im really happy to see the youngest like you to like old stuff. I really do... even from 2008 to 2011 had great moments and great stuff from Ax and the guys.

Its guys like you that will keep Ax career alive and this forum. welcome and enjoy it.

btw u dig his mambana stuff?
"When I'm making music I try to create something that is different... something that makes my ears happy.."
Blommarn
I worship Axwell
Fostex T20RP
Asus Xonar Essence STX
Yamaha HS7
Technics SL-1200MK3D
Harman Kardon 730

Post Blommarn19 Jul 2016, 18:26

Didas wrote:
Seveli13 wrote:

Best Regards
Blommarn, Lucas

Welcome good sir ;) 8-)

same here. Im really happy to see the youngest like you to like old stuff. I really do... even from 2008 to 2011 had great moments and great stuff from Ax and the guys.

Its guys like you that will keep Ax career alive and this forum. welcome and enjoy it.

btw u dig his mambana stuff?
I dig all of his stuff (except Get Dumb maybe) :)
House5 Online
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Denon DN-MC6000
VirtualDJ Pro

Post House5 Online21 Jul 2016, 13:25

I have a hard time with Get Dumb as well for some reason, I guess this track was just some madness you can perfectly enjoy at a gig but not really at home. An Axwell track I apparently can't appreciate is Submariner for some reason
"You showed us, and the world, that Paris is much more than the Eiffel Tower and Mona Lisa..."
Axwell, Bercy @ Paris, Saturday, December the 8th 2012.

Luigi vs. House5...
Nini
Axwell lover

Post Nini02 Aug 2016, 15:27

Hi, I'm Nino, 18 years old and based in The Netherlands. I have been reading this forum for quite some time after I got more into Axwell, around the end of 2014. The first threat I bumped into was actually the Belong one, which is still my favourite 'Axwell & Ingrosso' involved, although it isn't their project anymore.

The way I became Axwell fan might be a bit embarassing, as I got into 'house' (EDM) listening to Hardwell at Ultra 2012. Listened his and his label's stuff for around 2 years, but after his Ultra 2014 set I was done with his music. After that I got more into Alesso, when I heard Sweet escape, Scars and the Collioure ID. But in that time, I also discovered the Λ-project. I listened to some cool shit from their Ultra Japan set with This Time and On My Way as my favourite tracks. My personal highlight about the project is their Tomorrowland set, but I have to say I'm not into their music that much anymore.

As I said, I got to know more and more about Axwell due to this forum in 2014/2015 and I started to like his work a lot, thanks to the '10 years of Axtone' topic. Since I read those great stories, I love tracks from 2011 and before. Some of my favourite Axtone tracks I found out about there: Together (Remode), Feel the Vibe, Open Your Heart, Leave The World Behind, In The Air, Teenage Crime (Axwell remix), Nothing But Love, Leave a light on (NO ID remix) and Falling (Axwell remix). I also love a lot of the newer Axtone releases I found out about myself (pls someone give me a cookie) like I Am, Center of the Universe, Starlight (Otto Knows Remix), Tokyo by Night (Axwell remix), Aerogames, To The Sun, Solar, Bora and even more recently Paradigm, Siren Song, Aware, Torn Apart (Klahr remix) and Some Lovin'.

Besides the Axwell and house stuff, I enjoy music from Chet Faker, Bob Moses and Daft Punk. But I'm not a big fan or something and I don't have a lot of knowledge about music in general. Apart from all the music stuff, I'm going to study in Amsterdam coming year and do sports on a fairly high (national) level, which means I'm busy with that around 20 hours a week.

I really hope to get to know some of you better in the future, always enjoyed this forum a lot so I want to say thank you guys!
Seveli13
I worship Axwell

Post Seveli1302 Aug 2016, 15:46

Nini wrote:
The way I became Axwell fan might be a bit embarassing, as I got into 'house' (EDM) listening to Hardwell at Ultra 2012. Listened his and his label's stuff for around 2 years, but after his Ultra 2014 set I was done with his music. After that I got more into Alesso, when I heard Sweet escape, Scars and the Collioure ID. But in that time, I also discovered the Λ-project. I listened to some cool shit from their Ultra Japan set with This Time and On My Way as my favourite tracks.

:lol: 8-)
Nini wrote: As I said, I got to know more and more about Axwell due to this forum in 2014/2015 and I started to like his work a lot, thanks to the '10 years of Axtone' topic. Since I read those great stories, I love tracks from 2011 and before. Some of my favourite Axtone tracks I found out about there: Together (Remode), Feel the Vibe, Open Your Heart, Leave The World Behind, In The Air, Teenage Crime (Axwell remix), Nothing But Love, Leave a light on (NO ID remix) and Falling (Axwell remix).
Just keep diggin' MOTHERFUCKAAA :D 8-)
Didas
I worship Axwell

Post Didas02 Aug 2016, 15:49

:lol: :lol: :lol: seveli !!

well you really have to dig and dig.. you're in the right way. welcome and enjoy music.
"When I'm making music I try to create something that is different... something that makes my ears happy.."