All about your latest productions.
johnnyjover
Axwell fan

Post johnnyjover21 Jul 2015, 23:29

A track I recently finished.

Dhikhej
I worship Axwell

Post Dhikhej30 Jul 2015, 10:39

Don't take me wrong man, but try to be creative and try to find your own sound that will distinguish you from other producers. The synth you used for drop has been already used like milion times. ;)
Seveli13
I worship Axwell

Post Seveli1330 Jul 2015, 16:19

Dhikhej wrote:Don't take me wrong man, but try to be creative and try to find your own sound that will distinguish you from other producers. The synth you used for drop has been already used like milion times. ;)
+111 Just keep up and try to found that sound... ;)
johnnyjover
Axwell fan

Post johnnyjover12 Aug 2015, 00:09

Dhikhej wrote:Don't take me wrong man, but try to be creative and try to find your own sound that will distinguish you from other producers. The synth you used for drop has been already used like milion times. ;)
all good good man I appreciate the feedback!
VeljkoDujakovic
I worship Axwell

Post VeljkoDujakovic21 Aug 2015, 17:44

idea-wise the guys above made it clear but i have to say that your mixing is very clean
3ple
Axwell fan
Send private message http://www.iam3ple.com
DJ Gear: Pioneer CDJ2000NXS
Pioneer DJM-900 Nexus

Post 3ple23 Aug 2015, 13:52

I understand what the other guys are saying, but I don't completely agree. That idea of "find your own sound" is itself a bit "overused". Everyone wants to sound different and in the end they all sound the same. Music is about the song, not the sound. What I mean by that is: would you rather listen to a guy on the street playing an acoustic guitar and singing something that touches your heart, or a song where a guy who found "his own sound", but the song is just too "non sense"? Of course if you can have both worlds, even better. But for now, keep doing what you do. THat's how you learn and improve.

My only "concern" on this song is not the sounds, but the way the mix sounds that doesn't help.

In my opinion, the kick is not the right one. Too tight, too punchy, too "clicky". The drop sounds a bit weak because of the kick and also the lack of other synths to make everything a bit fuller. The back synth (what I call "the bed"), is too low in volume so the lead sounds "lonely".

The buildup is also not building properly (in my opinion, of course).Use filters, reverb and more risers to make people go crazy even before the drop. Start building up after 4 bars, not 6. Or if you have a 16 bar build, start after 8, not 12. Then, when you master the track, use what's called Macro Dynamics. It means that you automate your volume so for example if you feel that the chorus (drop) needs a bit more volume to make it a bit louder and exciting, then do it. Usually 1, 2 or 3 dB is enough.

I think the general idea is good. It just lacks some sounds and I would change the kick. If you want, go to my page to download some kicks that would probably fit great there. You can try them and if you like them, you can use them on your next productions :)

Here: http://www.iam3ple.com/progressive-house-kicks

Keep up the good work!
Progressive House and Electro House music producer
Listen to my music here: http://www.iam3ple.com
Dhikhej
I worship Axwell

Post Dhikhej26 Aug 2015, 17:57

If you think you will get known for songs with preset synths, then you are horribly wrong mate.
3ple
Axwell fan
Send private message http://www.iam3ple.com
DJ Gear: Pioneer CDJ2000NXS
Pioneer DJM-900 Nexus

Post 3ple26 Aug 2015, 18:57

Dhikhej wrote:If you think you will get known for songs with preset synths, then you are horribly wrong mate.
That's pretty much the same as saying that bands that use drums, bass, guitar, piano and other instruments, will not get known ;) They are basically using the same "preset'.
Presets are created to be used, otherwise, why would people spend time creating them? I'm sure you used presets before. There's nothing wrong about it. You don't have to have a different sound to be good or get known. That's the most common thought in people's minds and that's just wrong. Listen to most DJ's out there. Some songs have sounds that are not presets, some are. That's HOW you use them, not WHAT you use. It's all about the song, not the sounds. You don't have to be the next EDM Einstein to make great music. It's more important if you focus on the melodies, chord progressions, structure, mix and master, than if you're using a preset. :) Stop that cliche of thinking that using presets is bad. You can create a new sound and your song sucks. You can use a preset and your song is great. And of course, the opposite also happens, so there's no evidence that creating new sounds will make you a known producer or that making music using presets, will not. Focus on making the best songs. Period ;)

If I'm leaving my feedback about this or that song, I will say if that synth is the right one for that song or that part. I don't care if it's a preset. If it sounds good, then use it. If it sounds bad (preset or not), then I think you shouldn't use it. And at the end of the day, it's just my opinion, not a fact. So if you don't agree, use it (or don't). It's up to you. But don't limit your creativity by thinking presets are bad or that original sounds are great. What's the point of having the best car ever made, if you don't know how to drive it?

:)
Progressive House and Electro House music producer
Listen to my music here: http://www.iam3ple.com