I worship Axwell
Send private message http://www.minichamps.de
DJ Gear: 3 x CDJ 1000 MK3
DJM 800
2 x Technics 1210 SL
Sennheiser HD 25

Post Maximillion29 Aug 2016, 09:43

Hi everyone,

so finally after wanting to go to Ushuaia and see Axwell Λ Ingrosso for about 3-4 year now, it happened!

Hotel:

I stayed there from Wednesday till Saturday, but only went to the Axwell Λ Ingrosso party on Wednesday.

I stayed in the tower and basically there is Music everywhere at the Hotel in different dozes of speed, sound and level. At the breakfast, at the beach club/ beach area, the pool and of course at the stage area, where all the partys are.

The prices for the hotel are pretty high and a bit overpriced. I acutally only went, because I got a superior double room for half of the already discounted price on their website. Thanks to my travel agent, since apparently some guest must have cancelled and so they needed to sell this room to somebody else asap! The hotel was not fully booked, since the reception offered me various better rooms with an additional surcharge, such as the anything can happen suite.

The room was ok, but not as fancy as on their websites, although I believe that the suites are nicer.

The whole wristband thing there is pretty funny and at the same time abnormal. Tower guests get a "the boss", stage guests "the king" and on the day you check out you get a "see you soon" wristband. You need to wear it the whole time while you are a guest, but you can get a new one everyday if you want.

A hotel member can go to all parties for free, so considering that it is €50 per person, that is a nice trade and turn.

The breakfast is rather nice, you can select from over 10 stands with offerings from all over the World, fruits, cereal, omlettes, spanish traditional food, italian, kebap etc.

The food you can get in the Restaurants, as well as the Beach Club is a bit overpriced, about € 10-12 per dish, but I guess their electricity bill needs to be paid somehow, that is at around 7pm the whole Hotel is lit up with bright red lighting, which you can even see from about 25 kilometers away in the mountains. I can say that, since I visited friends their on Thursday and the Ushaia was very well visible. Prices for drinks are abnormal as well € 16 for a regular drink, e.g. Vodka-Soda all the way up to € 1500 for a magnum bottle of champagne, which has a cost price of around € 110, but I guess these are catering mark ups.

What you also need to get used to is that the Ushuaia as well as the Hard Rock Cafe are close to the airport and thus when plains take off, they literally elevate over these two hotels, so it is no wonder that Axwell Λ Ingrosso once named this party departures :lol:. When you take a swim in the ocean you can actually see the departure pretty nicely, especially when the plain moves its tip and makes a turn towards the ocean. The plain shadow over the hotel, beach and ocean is a bit scary though sometimes, especially when you follow it.

Of course the illusion is always by your side, in form of hotel guests that behave like Rock Stars and are going quiet over the limit of normal behaviour, but seem to be saving up for this place for half their life. I believe understatement and humble behaviour is more applicable, but that is just my opinion.

The staff of course is always helpful, supportive and friendly.

All in all, rating all the hotels World Wide that I have been to, I would give it a B-. If all works out, I might go again next year, the big factor of course is the price, but with some experience under my belt now, let's see.

The Party:

Friends of mine were DJing at the Refune Night, so I got the nice treat of getting an "Artist" wristbands, yes it is all about wristbands there, saw a girl wearing about 8, did not know there were so many wristband things there :lol:, with which I was able to enter the backstage area, which is behind the stage. Every DJ there has some space with his logo behind it. Of course Ax and Seb had some more space than everybody else.

The typical yellow dressed Λ girls and the swimsuit Λ girls were there as well, dancing and presenting themselves. I attended the party from start to finish, so it was nice to see how the stage became crowded by the hour.

At 5pm there were maybe 50 people, 6pm around 125, 7pm over 250, by 8pm the whole place was packed.

M-22 did play a nice opening set, really humble and down to earth, afterwards it was LIOHN and Bottai, also nice music, but I must admit that I was not always paying attention, since you are busy with so many other things there and sometimes you loose track of what is going on on stage, since they "just played" music, I will explain, why I wrote it that way just now. Next up was Salvatore Ganacci. This guy must be crazy, he was not only abusing the microphone, he was doing push ups, sit ups, pull ups, dancing and so on, his set was more like a work out for him. It was entertaining, but also a bit annoying, since the music was more of a side product, but I did have to laugh at times, no doubt. When Otto Knows played I actually went out for a breather, since he was the last one to play before Ax and Seb, so I chilled backstage and drank some water. Since there are speakers everywhere, you basically always know who is playing, plus of course they have their timelines.

When Ax and Seb began the vibe was totally different, mainly because the sound system went all in. When all other DJs played they kept a limiter, but when the two started all limits were killed and they set the new limit, which included all kinds of fireworks, smoke, hazers, lasers and so one. The 2 hours actually felt like 4, since they played so many songs. I checked the tracklist from August 17th, since the one from August 24th is not uploaded yet, but the songs seemed to be 90% the same. Of course everybody has his favorites, I liked the mash ups most, but all in all it was really an entertaining set and their microphone interludes were nice and funny, Axwell proposed Ushuaia to marry him for example. 90% of the party guests were not hotel guests, so they gave it all they had, there was a lot of energy!

The commemorative speech at the end was really nice as well, all DJs came up on stage! I must say the pants that Axwell wore, were hilarious, funny and cool, does anybody know, which brand they are? Sorry for the little blurriness, was the only that I found in higher resolution:

The Afterparty:

after the party, everybody went backstage, around 100 people, I would say 90% swedes and then either Bottai or Otto Knows started DJing. It was a cool vibe, basically everybody sat in his corner with his friends and in the middle the people were dancing. I have no idea who left when, since I never really checked my watch until was in bed, which was around 3am. I fully enjoyed the whole evening, except the Hip Hop love of Bottai or Otto Knows, since for about the last 45 minutes, which they played, it was all current boring Hip Hop and more and more people acutally left, which is also why I left. Of course I would have loved Ax and Seb to play, but they seemed all gased out, no wonder after their performance.

All in all the party on Wednesday was the highlight for me! Thanks to @Didas for giving me tips!

I made a couple of videos which I will post later.
Didas
I worship Axwell

Post Didas29 Aug 2016, 11:23

that hotel review :lol:

post those videos ma man !
nxt year bring those pants..
"When I'm making music I try to create something that is different... something that makes my ears happy.."
Maximillion
I worship Axwell
Send private message http://www.minichamps.de
DJ Gear: 3 x CDJ 1000 MK3
DJM 800
2 x Technics 1210 SL
Sennheiser HD 25

Post Maximillion30 Aug 2016, 21:02

Here are the photos, how can I upload videos?

I used abload for the photos: