Swedish House Mafia Thread

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
atalibacarpes
I worship Axwell
Send private message atalibacarpes

Post atalibacarpes08 Feb 2020, 15:04

Latest post of the previous page:

ALXHRLMS wrote: ↑
06 Feb 2020, 18:34
atalibacarpes wrote: ↑
06 Feb 2020, 16:46

New music around april/may.

(JUST THOUGHTS)
which year? :D
Cyberpunk's year. :lol:
So wake me up when it's all over. When I'm wiser and I'm older.
Frenchy036
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: DDJ-SX

Post Frenchy03608 Feb 2020, 21:44

08 Feb 2020, 15:04
06 Feb 2020, 16:46

New music around april/may.

(JUST THOUGHTS)
Now you're just adding insult to injury...my 2 great anticipations which keep getting pushed back :cry:
"Goosebumps never lie..."
childrenofthewild
I worship Axwell

Post childrenofthewild08 Feb 2020, 22:19

SQRT wrote: ↑
07 Feb 2020, 08:46
Any chance to get link, to see that afterparty show?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTmWoL8x0Eg
atalibacarpes
I worship Axwell
Send private message atalibacarpes

Post atalibacarpes09 Feb 2020, 01:22

Frenchy036 wrote: ↑
08 Feb 2020, 21:44
08 Feb 2020, 15:04

Now you're just adding insult to injury...my 2 great anticipations which keep getting pushed back :cry:
Sorry dude, my bad
So wake me up when it's all over. When I'm wiser and I'm older.
enrico
I worship Axwell

Post enricoYesterday, 21:27

Vinelli wrote: ↑
05 Feb 2020, 17:16
Quick personal vent here, and I really don't wanna be negative (because this year will be great for music for multiple reasons). But concerning SHM arent you guys completely fed up with it all?

I just really don't believe in anything at this point. With Underneath It All they made something truly special but at this point it feels like it's a given that it gets binned or completely tempered with in a negative way. Would be be nice if SHM was more streamlined project cause honestly I get so sick of the guessing, the lack of communication and mystery. The comeback campaign was cool but the 'secretive' approach is just ridiculous. I'm not following them every day on the socials or hoping for something constantly, but even I am just mindblown by the lack of absolutely anything when I update myself by reading this topic. Every week there are like entire pages added to this thread but they all boil down to absolutely nothing.

This return could be completely amazing if they wanted to. They have millions of people ready for it and a relatively huge group of people who are still into the meta. Their IDs show they have capability but so far the reunion has had the absolute minimum of impact. Frustrating!

No new music, blatant exploitation with merchandise, really uncreative and seemingly unmotivated dj acts. It started out great with that comeback set with fresh music and Underneath It All combined with the big screen projection setup. So I would be lying if I would say that wouldn't be secretly hoping for a big turnaround but I'm far from counting on it. It would be a really nice surprise at this stage, rather than something Im looking forward to. They have almost completely lost me these guys and I really think that it's a damn shame.

Am I being bitchy? Can't believe not more people are thinking the same
I was also (secretly) hoping for a huge success for the second time but I think that they tried to restart SHM solely for the goal of pretending to do some gigs here and there while they take care of different things.

My 2 cents: Axwell has Axtone which is going good, Steve still has to figure out how to use Dropbox (i.e. let's be real, what good output did he or SIZE have in 2019), Sebastian... I have 0 clue. Their instagrams are shit. They might be over it, i.e. their career and public personas as the genius house music producers from Sweden. They are set for life and have families. So there's that one thing that is the most boring to outsiders/house music fans: family. If I remember correctly, they all have kids around the age of 5-10 now.

Or maybe it is for the lack of creativity on top of a temporary lack of discipline and management. Because I just cannot imagine that someone like Ax seems to contine to fumble around with these tracks the mafia homies play. They were kings, then quit, then came back 5 years later but come on, they botched it the second time. It was a mess and the majority of it was a rehash of old stuff, so one can't really claim that they came back with (fresh) high quality content.

The end.