Shapov feat. Cal - Chasing Shadows

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
davidfabre2000
Axwell lover
Send private message https://soundcloud.com/djstardaze djstaraze Stardaze
Posts: 38
Joined: 17 Oct 2017
Location: Barcelona
DJ Gear: Pioneer DDJ-1000

Post davidfabre200029 Feb 2020, 19:04

Latest post of the previous page:

https://soundcloud.com/djstardaze/shapo ... ze-edit-v2
Made this little edit
User avatar
Frenchy036
I worship Axwell
Send private message
Posts: 464
Joined: 23 Mar 2016
DJ Gear: DDJ-SX

Post Frenchy03629 Feb 2020, 22:16

davidfabre2000 wrote:
29 Feb 2020, 19:04
https://soundcloud.com/djstardaze/shapo ... ze-edit-v2
Made this little edit
Better than the original IMO, nice work dude! Way more progressive
"Goosebumps never lie..."
bobrovaleks
Axwell fan
Send private message
Posts: 3
Joined: 23 Dec 2018
Location: Russia

Post bobrovaleks29 Mar 2020, 11:57

SHAPOV - ID (Drown) live Record Dance Radio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSvi7qWYmdg
User avatar
LouisDlcr
I worship Axwell
Send private message louis_dlcr_ delacour1
Posts: 719
Joined: 01 Sep 2016
Location: Lille, France
DJ Gear: Traktor

Post LouisDlcr29 Mar 2020, 14:23

bobrovaleks wrote:
29 Mar 2020, 11:57
SHAPOV - ID (Drown) live Record Dance Radio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSvi7qWYmdg
im in love with this one, sounds much more powerful than Chasing Shadows (hopefully it'll remain like that).
RodrigoSCH
Axwell fan
Send private message rodrigo-sch
Posts: 4
Joined: 01 Apr 2020
Location: Brazil

Post RodrigoSCH01 Apr 2020, 23:45

It just came to me that the released version might lack energy on the drops because of how squashed it is https://i.imgur.com/x3HEUGW.png, basically the whole mixing and mastering process degraded it, I mean, you can hear the distortion during the break. This is common with a lot of tracks, but I guess this was a step too far, maybe even why axtone didn't release it.
CHUD
I worship Axwell
Send private message
Posts: 467
Joined: 05 Aug 2016

Post CHUD02 Apr 2020, 06:39

Lmao, absolutely zero dynamics in that track. No wonder it sounds so bad.
User avatar
LouisDlcr
I worship Axwell
Send private message louis_dlcr_ delacour1
Posts: 719
Joined: 01 Sep 2016
Location: Lille, France
DJ Gear: Traktor

Post LouisDlcr02 Apr 2020, 11:18

RodrigoSCH wrote:
01 Apr 2020, 23:45
It just came to me that the released version might lack energy on the drops because of how squashed it is https://i.imgur.com/x3HEUGW.png, basically the whole mixing and mastering process degraded it, I mean, you can hear the distortion during the break. This is common with a lot of tracks, but I guess this was a step too far, maybe even why axtone didn't release it.
yeah drop lacking energy isn't my main concern, the distortion on the guitar etc in the break is what makes the track unlistenable
User avatar
LouisDlcr
I worship Axwell
Send private message louis_dlcr_ delacour1
Posts: 719
Joined: 01 Sep 2016
Location: Lille, France
DJ Gear: Traktor

Post LouisDlcr02 Apr 2020, 11:20

oh and btw, we won't see Shapov on Axtone anytime soon as he signed an exclusive contract with Armada:
https://www.armadamusic.com/news/exclus ... s-feat-cal
he just been added to their official roster: https://www.armadamusic.com/artists/shapov
davidfabre2000
Axwell lover
Send private message https://soundcloud.com/djstardaze djstaraze Stardaze
Posts: 38
Joined: 17 Oct 2017
Location: Barcelona
DJ Gear: Pioneer DDJ-1000

Post davidfabre200002 Apr 2020, 12:16

I personally think it’s the best he could do since his tracks wouldn’t fit Axtone style anymore. I’m sad about Chasing Shadows being killed tho but at least Shapov seems to be happy with the path he has taken :D
User avatar
LouisDlcr
I worship Axwell
Send private message louis_dlcr_ delacour1
Posts: 719
Joined: 01 Sep 2016
Location: Lille, France
DJ Gear: Traktor

Post LouisDlcr02 Apr 2020, 12:36

davidfabre2000 wrote:
02 Apr 2020, 12:16
I personally think it’s the best he could do since his tracks wouldn’t fit Axtone style anymore. I’m sad about Chasing Shadows being killed tho but at least Shapov seems to be happy with the path he has taken :D
well tbh his deep house EP with Nerak would fit Axtone current direction but yeah overall Armada suits him better as they're the only label that would allow him to release trance, progressive and any other dance genre.
User avatar
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
Send private message https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio
Posts: 3317
Joined: 04 Aug 2009
Location: Rotterdam City Of Love, The Netherlands

Post Vinelli07 Apr 2020, 11:07

Beginning to appreciate the original more and more but secretly hoping for a club mix to follow