AXT114E - D.O.D - According To Me

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
User avatar
Vinelli Send private message
I worship Axwell
https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio
Posts: 3160
Joined: 04 Aug 2009
Location: Rotterdam City Of Love, The Netherlands

Post by Vinelli » 04 Feb 2019, 15:00

Latest post of the previous page:

vysweet wrote:
03 Feb 2019, 17:08
https://www.1001tracklists.com/tracklis ... 02-03.html

Go to 6:30 to listen to D.O.D - According To Me the new track on Axtone, anndddd it's shit
I will never stop loving you axtone, but you sure know how to make me doubt
Vince Kade Send private message
I worship Axwell
Posts: 381
Joined: 27 May 2016
Location: New York

Post by Vince Kade » 04 Feb 2019, 16:54

Still somehow way better than Unforgettable, Higher & Incline
XIX Send private message
Axwell digger
Posts: 89
Joined: 13 Oct 2014
Location: USA

Post by XIX » 04 Feb 2019, 17:08

It’s not... bad... I just never understand how these barely altered reworks get original release treatment.

I’m all for dance music being referential and sampling elements and everything... but where’s the real creativity with this one? Feel like DOD actually has some nice sound engineering chops that could be put to better use if he wasn’t trying to pump out that whole future jack sound ad nauseum.
Longtime lurker, took the plunge and left the world behind.
User avatar
Jerry98 Send private message
I worship Axwell
Posts: 267
Joined: 04 Dec 2017
Location: Italy

Post by Jerry98 » 04 Feb 2019, 17:28

enrico wrote:
03 Feb 2019, 20:21
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKZw15DXFiI
Lolwat. So Axtone is in the melody ripoff-business now? Man, that would suck if it were true imho. I mean it's quite obvious in this case.
I don't know why, but in this case I'm a weird elitist. I do not like 28374 reworks released on these typical labels (with Italian names sometimes) and e.g., that similar obvious "Hanging Tree": https://www.beatport.com/track/hanging- ... x/11211476
I was sure I had already heard those notes!
User avatar
hedz Send private message
I worship Axwell
helderdiniz
Posts: 3097
Joined: 29 Jan 2012
Location: Porto, Portugal

Post by hedz » 05 Feb 2019, 14:10

I'll skip it, I guess...
Checkout my stuff on Soundcloud 👇
https://soundcloud.com/helderdiniz/wast ... edz-reboot
User avatar
Vinelli Send private message
I worship Axwell
https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio
Posts: 3160
Joined: 04 Aug 2009
Location: Rotterdam City Of Love, The Netherlands

Post by Vinelli » 09 Feb 2019, 14:53

This signing is a disgrace.
User avatar
i_AM Send private message
I worship Axwell
Posts: 283
Joined: 03 Aug 2016
DJ Gear: Novation Launchpad MK II, SMS Audio Street, Beats Mixr, Sennheiser HD 25

Post by i_AM » 09 Feb 2019, 16:51

I know this melody from Shaggy's "Feel the Rush" which was the official anthem for the UEFA Euro 2008 :lol:
Can't believe to hear this on Axtone...
Vince Kade Send private message
I worship Axwell
Posts: 381
Joined: 27 May 2016
Location: New York

Post by Vince Kade » 09 Feb 2019, 16:55

Vinelli wrote:
09 Feb 2019, 14:53
This signing is a disgrace.
This is one of the better signings of this label over the last couple years
User avatar
Schirmy Send private message
I worship Axwell
Posts: 636
Joined: 31 May 2016

Post by Schirmy » 09 Feb 2019, 17:12

Vince Kade wrote:
09 Feb 2019, 16:55
Vinelli wrote:
09 Feb 2019, 14:53
This signing is a disgrace.
This is one of the better signings of this label over the last couple years
It's probably the least offensive D.O.D. track so far, but it's barely in the 80th percentile for releases on Axtone since 2016 imo.
Nothing But Love For You.
User avatar
Frenchy036 Send private message
I worship Axwell
Posts: 424
Joined: 23 Mar 2016
DJ Gear: DDJ-SX

Post by Frenchy036 » 09 Feb 2019, 18:23

:lol:
Vinelli wrote:
04 Feb 2019, 15:00
vysweet wrote:
03 Feb 2019, 17:08
https://www.1001tracklists.com/tracklis ... 02-03.html

Go to 6:30 to listen to D.O.D - According To Me the new track on Axtone, anndddd it's shit
I will never stop loving you axtone, but you sure know how to make me doubt
Honestly haven't minded most of D.O.D.'s tracks but fuck is this weird accordion sounding shit awful
"Goosebumps never lie..."
mcribas Send private message
I worship Axwell
https://soundcloud.com/marshwell
Posts: 273
Joined: 14 Jun 2016
DJ Gear: Computer (it's important gear nowadays)

Post by mcribas » 09 Feb 2019, 18:28

enrico wrote:
03 Feb 2019, 20:21
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKZw15DXFiI
Lolwat. So Axtone is in the melody ripoff-business now? Man, that would suck if it were true imho. I mean it's quite obvious in this case.
I don't know why, but in this case I'm a weird elitist. I do not like 28374 reworks released on these typical labels (with Italian names sometimes) and e.g., that similar obvious "Hanging Tree": https://www.beatport.com/track/hanging- ... x/11211476
Actually the "original" is a bit older (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpFjvHUPn_8 or even older here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTChZUfg5MU) and was already sampled by Alex Guesta.