AXT117E Eddie Thoneick - Fuego

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
N1ghtventure Send private message
I worship Axwell
https://open.spotify.com/user/dtvvdm/playlist/19XMyB87KCPV1dedcimn8B davidoviicc davidov.ic n1ghtventure

Post by N1ghtventure » 20 Jan 2019, 14:30

Latest post of the previous page:

hedz wrote:
20 Jan 2019, 14:24
jdg1621 wrote:
20 Jan 2019, 00:23
hedz wrote:
19 Jan 2019, 17:53
Everyday or not, Eddie has an amazing talent and I'm very excited to see what's coming :)
Dude! He’s got a new one comingin a few weeks with Mr. Feel TheVibe/Mr. Nothing But Love himself, Errol Reid!!!! Heard a small preview. It’s awesome!
Yea but that one's a collab on Spinnin Deep.
N1ghtventure wrote:
20 Jan 2019, 14:21
Not even going to bother with this guy anymore. No song is worth that much waiting, it's just getting ridiculous. Should take his antics to another label.
Yea because it's totally his fault, right? Quite a stupid statement.
He chooses to sign another track to Axtone. For what? He's not going to get his shit released anytime soon it seems. If Everyday is already contractually Axtone's then he should at least release this, or whatever the picture of the contract is, on another label to please the fans.
House5 Send private message
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Denon DN-MC6000
VirtualDJ Pro

Post by House5 » 20 Jan 2019, 17:17

Vinelli wrote:
18 Jan 2019, 18:23
abrown94 wrote:
18 Jan 2019, 15:32
This is gonna be the same thing as the Years ID. Every release Eddie has, no matter how good, he's just going to keep getting asked about Everyday
Because every day that goes by the chance increases the track gets more and more overcooked. Its been like this for ages. When an id seems musically loved and axtone/artist see its blowing up, it almost seems as if they intend to hold on to it to release during special periods. Problem is axtone artist tend to be unable to leave the track alone until then, resulting in lesser releases time and time again. The list is endless. The hype for everyday has already cooled down so much.

I dont get why producers need forever to 'perfectionalize'and 'test' a track. It kills it tbh, just like all the other ids that could have been big but eventually were wasted.
100% this. Belong is such a good example of this - 2015 was the perfect time to release it with vert huge hype, but it got postponed to 2016, and it didn't do as good as hoped.

As time goes by, I think more and more that delaying a track forever to "take it where it needs to be" gets ridiculous after some time. Axwell used to take years to finish some of his tracks, and I won't blame him for that because the results used to be 100% worth it. But there is absolutely no justification for this anymore.

Stop delaying stuff forever, stop missing good release times, and just put it out there already if you don't want it to flop
"You showed us, and the world, that Paris is much more than the Eiffel Tower and Mona Lisa..."
Axwell, Bercy @ Paris, Saturday, December the 8th 2012.

Luigi vs. House5...
Dhikhej Send private message
I worship Axwell

Post by Dhikhej » 20 Jan 2019, 20:20

Actually Belong was supposed to be released only as an original and later as a remode (label business strategy) but Axwell rushed it so that they released both at the same time (Simon told me this way back @Croatia).
Schirmy Send private message
I worship Axwell

Post by Schirmy » 20 Jan 2019, 20:28

I think a lot of the people in this thread have already echoed my sentiments on the matter. It's ridiculous that these special tracks are relegated to once a yea" aka "Belong of the year". Then the rest of the year is flooded with garbage big room, bass house, and electro that no one really wants to hear. Any song that is good can thrive at any given time. If the track is that much in the highest echelon, it'll do well. Everyday was definitely ready during WMC 2018 when Axtone tweeted about how they wished it was "Axtone Miami 'Everyday'." It's whatever anymore. But they shouldn't be scratching their heads as views per track released continue to decline when they release trash material.
Nothing But Love For You.
abrown94 Send private message
I worship Axwell

Post by abrown94 » 20 Jan 2019, 21:15

Schirmy wrote:
20 Jan 2019, 20:28
I think a lot of the people in this thread have already echoed my sentiments on the matter. It's ridiculous that these special tracks are relegated to once a yea" aka "Belong of the year". Then the rest of the year is flooded with garbage big room, bass house, and electro that no one really wants to hear. Any song that is good can thrive at any given time. If the track is that much in the highest echelon, it'll do well. Everyday was definitely ready during WMC 2018 when Axtone tweeted about how they wished it was "Axtone Miami 'Everyday'." It's whatever anymore. But they shouldn't be scratching their heads as views per track released continue to decline when they release trash material.
Kinda how Axtone posted before TML 2018 “what’s going to be this year’s MYMU?”

Six months later and nothing to show for it (Ax didn’t play Nobody Else at TML so that does not count, and in any event it doesn’t compare to Belong or MYMU anyway)

Kinda demoralizing
Schirmy Send private message
I worship Axwell

Post by Schirmy » 20 Jan 2019, 22:37

abrown94 wrote:
20 Jan 2019, 21:15
Schirmy wrote:
20 Jan 2019, 20:28
Kinda how Axtone posted before TML 2018 “what’s going to be this year’s MYMU?”

Six months later and nothing to show for it (Ax didn’t play Nobody Else at TML so that does not count, and in any event it doesn’t compare to Belong or MYMU anyway)

Kinda demoralizing
I won't disclose who told this story, he can claim it for himself if he wishes - just trying to keep privacy. He spoke with Michael Calfan years ago and had a conversation about music, and of course, Axtone. Calfan said your music is gated behind Ax and is only subject to release when he says so. It's not a good label to grow as an artist, but rather to be discovered and get hype around your name. He also said releasing on Spinnin' is so easy. This is really the crux of the issue, Eddie knows his track is gold and wants Ax to help in order to propel it in legendary status. It takes time when you have other artists releasing on the label who get similar treatment and Ax is very busy. Unfortunately we don't have the arbitrary set of rules Ax and management use to determine when a track "is ready." Nevertheless...it's still ridiculous to keep the track waiting for a right time behind other artists who don't produce 1/5th Eddie can, or other select artists we love.
Nothing But Love For You.
Vince Kade Send private message
I worship Axwell

Post by Vince Kade » 20 Jan 2019, 23:18

N1ghtventure wrote:
20 Jan 2019, 14:30
hedz wrote:
jdg1621 wrote:
20 Jan 2019, 00:23

Dude! He’s got a new one comingin a few weeks with Mr. Feel TheVibe/Mr. Nothing But Love himself, Errol Reid!!!! Heard a small preview. It’s awesome!
N1ghtventure wrote:
20 Jan 2019, 14:21
Not even going to bother with this guy anymore. No song is worth that much waiting, it's just getting ridiculous. Should take his antics to another label.
He chooses to sign another track to Axtone. For what? He's not going to get his shit released anytime soon it seems. If Everyday is already contractually Axtone's then he should at least release this, or whatever the picture of the contract is, on another label to please the fans.
1. No guarantee Everyday is even 100% complete
2. He's a great artist, why shouldn't he sign multiple tracks to the label, you really want more D.O.D?

Also, look how much hype the Magnificence tracks got when SHM premiered them
Absolutely zero chance we hear anything about Everyday till May at the earliest, also good chance Ax attaches his name to ED
I worship Axwell
https://open.spotify.com/user/dtvvdm/playlist/19XMyB87KCPV1dedcimn8B davidoviicc davidov.ic n1ghtventure

Post by N1ghtventure » 21 Jan 2019, 13:21

Vince Kade wrote:
20 Jan 2019, 23:18
N1ghtventure wrote:
hedz wrote:

2. He's a great artist, why shouldn't he sign multiple tracks to the label, you really want more D.O.D?

Absolutely zero chance we hear anything about Everyday till May at the earliest, also good chance Ax attaches his name to ED
1. Then he should complete it. If that's the only thing holding it from releasing, he's being kind of a dick.
2. What? He signs multiple tracks to the label that won't see a release within a timely manner. Either because he can't finish songs or management likes to release D.O.D etc more because it's commercially pleasing.

I don't really care about what comes on Axtone anymore, but good producers like Eddie shouldn't be put last to people like D.O.D.

The Magnificence tracks were mostly utter shit. I don't know what the connection is here. Everyday already had enough hype, but now they're too late and want SHM to revive the hype. It was supposed to be Axtone's 2018 summer track. Instead we got nothing.
Vinelli Send private message
I worship Axwell
https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio

Post by Vinelli » 22 Jan 2019, 02:45

Vince Kade wrote:
N1ghtventure wrote:
hedz wrote:

Honestly. It was good enough to be played out. If something is musically finished, how long could it possibly take to finish the technical stuff. How come axtone IDs always seem to take forever
Hardsoul Send private message
Administrator
axwellforum axwellforum

Post by Hardsoul » 22 Jan 2019, 19:28

Do you remember this video https://youtu.be/3Vnb2Jqa7bk?t=146 ? Maybe thats why is not ready yet. Maybe Everyday is missing something, those extra 20 % can take some time (months). Be happy, that Eddie has another one coming up on Axtone :)
Turn off your brain and turn on your heart!
I worship Axwell

Post by N1ghtventure » 23 Jan 2019, 12:37

Vinelli wrote:
22 Jan 2019, 02:45
Vince Kade wrote:
N1ghtventure wrote:

Honestly. It was good enough to be played out. If something is musically finished, how long could it possibly take to finish the technical stuff. How come axtone IDs always seem to take forever