[AXT146] BYOR - Freaky

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
LouisDlcr
I worship Axwell
Send private message louis_dlcr_ delacour1
DJ Gear: Traktor

Post LouisDlcr30 Sep 2020, 17:30

Out on Oct 16
image.png
Source: https://www.beatport.com/release/freaky/3129813
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
Send private message https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio

Post Vinelli30 Sep 2020, 20:00

I dont recognize this label anymore
Madva
Axwell digger
Send private message madvamusic madvamusic
DJ Gear: Pioneer HDJ2000MK2
Logic Pro X

Post Madva30 Sep 2020, 21:28

Vinelli wrote:
30 Sep 2020, 20:00
I dont recognize this label anymore
Personally I like the track, but yeah I see what you mean, I can’t really feel the Axtone vibe in this. It doesn’t have that identity...
Take a listen to my remix of Waiting On My Love on YouTube:)

https://linktr.ee/Madva
CHUD
I worship Axwell

Post CHUD01 Oct 2020, 10:00

Sadly noone cares about that classic Axtone sound anymore, nor about Axtone for that matter. Their release schedule and promotion strategy is a mess. Long gone are the days when Axwell was in charge.

decent track though, but nothing special.
House5
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Denon DN-MC6000
VirtualDJ Pro

Post House504 Oct 2020, 09:19

Yes, I like his Animals remix, so it's good that he's on the roster!

About the label, I agree that the 2009/2010 days (and also the days before) are long gone, and I also miss them, but would it even work today?
The way we enjoy music now is a lot different from back then, streaming didn't take such an important place before... I think Axtone is trying to keep up (and they do so in a nice way to me) while being a label that was created in what we could consider to be almost a century ago Internet-wise I think, 2005 is only 15 years ago for us, but it's much much more Internet-wise...

We need to remember that Axtone was created in an "old world order", and what worked very well back in the days and what we cherish about the label's past probably wouldn't work anymore.

Plus you can't be on such a strong creative spree like they were forever, I mean they were epic from the very beginning until 2016! 11 years of full awesomeness, of course things were going to cool down someday, but I personally enjoy their output since last year
"You showed us, and the world, that Paris is much more than the Eiffel Tower and Mona Lisa..."
Axwell, Bercy @ Paris, Saturday, December the 8th 2012.

Luigi vs. House5...
Madva
Axwell digger
Send private message madvamusic madvamusic
DJ Gear: Pioneer HDJ2000MK2
Logic Pro X

Post Madva04 Oct 2020, 15:50

House5 wrote:
04 Oct 2020, 09:19
Yes, I like his Animals remix, so it's good that he's on the roster!

About the label, I agree that the 2009/2010 days (and also the days before) are long gone, and I also miss them, but would it even work today?
The way we enjoy music now is a lot different from back then, streaming didn't take such an important place before... I think Axtone is trying to keep up (and they do so in a nice way to me) while being a label that was created in what we could consider to be almost a century ago Internet-wise I think, 2005 is only 15 years ago for us, but it's much much more Internet-wise...

We need to remember that Axtone was created in an "old world order", and what worked very well back in the days and what we cherish about the label's past probably wouldn't work anymore.

Plus you can't be on such a strong creative spree like they were forever, I mean they were epic from the very beginning until 2016! 11 years of full awesomeness, of course things were going to cool down someday, but I personally enjoy their output since last year
Yes actually I prefer what they’ve been putting out in the last two years rather than in the 2015-2017 period, but I miss the 2009-12 vibes. I understand the streaming and everything, but I’m talking about music here. Obviously also the trends change and it’s fine, but I feel it as if sometimes some tracks do not fit in the Axtone style even though they’re great. Personally I do not really like the streaming services, people do not even listen to entire tracks anymore, and there are always shorter tracks and lots of releases. I like to discover new music and build my library and have it there, but yeah I get it that for most people is easier to use Spotify instead. Regarding Axtone, they always keep releasing quality music and that’s a great thing, I just feel the nostalgia and hope that we’re gonna witness soon another electronic music wave like it happened ten years ago.
Take a listen to my remix of Waiting On My Love on YouTube:)

https://linktr.ee/Madva
cotu
I worship Axwell
Send private message yannmiro

Post cotu07 Oct 2020, 14:32

To be honest I don't even pay that much attention on what Axtone are releasing at the moment. I think we all know that Ax and his label are going hand to hand sound wise and 2020 was a lackluster year to say the least. So to me Axtone and Size are putting out music just to stay relevant. The problem is that most of the Axtone squad have either signed on other labels (DOD, Shapov, maybe Tom Staar as well even though he wasn't that much of a regular), or abandoned their brand name but are still producing in one way or another (Klahr, NEW_ID). There are of course names like Jack Wins, Redfield, Lost Prince etc. but except Lost Prince imo nobody has reached the gold standard of the Axtone we used to know.

(not including of course You Are My Life, Waiting On My Love, Loving U, Eden Prince EP. All of these releases were out at a peak period in quantity and quality in most of the time. Q4 is usually the time when it dips)
Why don't people do the things they say they're gonna do, before it's too late
No point in sitting and wondering 'cause it's your right to choose your own thing
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
Send private message https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio

Post Vinelli07 Oct 2020, 19:26

Im not delusional to think we would get 2010 music in 2020, but I just dont see any link to their current output with the foundation of what Axtone is and where it came from. Its become a label without any identity for me. Thats their choice and I will have to deal with it. But doesnt take away the fact its absurd how they did a complete 180 after the ten years anniversary.

All of this doesn’t seem like a transition at all, rather as if they sold the label to a completely new organization. They are constantly posting about their past too on socials which is so weird for me when you are in this completely different direction. If you can even call it a direction as their roster and output is all over the place.

Axtone has become a place with cheap and forgettable gym house music. Thats the reality. And Im just having trouble processing that after a 10 year period (2005-2015) of absolute otherworldly bliss in terms of music, branding and community management.
CHUD
I worship Axwell

Post CHUD08 Oct 2020, 06:29

One name: Axwell. It seems to me, after SHM ended officially he gave the reins away. When AxIng was a thing, they were barely playing any new Axtone music. And barring a rare Youtube comment or retweet, he said nothing about Axtone.
KryGenetic
Axwell fan
Send private message https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxV77tw6RqOcx4p9mEd4RgA?disable_polymer=true KryGenetic KryGenetic KryGeneticOfficial

Post KryGenetic08 Oct 2020, 16:11

What I’m about to write is purely my personal opinion.

I discovered Axtone in late 2013 and in 2014 I started to love both new and old songs released by the label (mostly from 2008/2009/2010).
When in 2014, I found out that the Swedish House Mafia had disbanded, I was a little upset, but I thought "Okay, maybe now that they split up, they will focus on their labels” and so it was.
When Axwell and Ingrosso decided to launch that project, that duo, I was very happy about it and I must say that some productions released on Axtone in 2014/2015 were not bad at all.
Then, once the "Axtone Ten" compilation was released, I realized (only now I’ve to say) that it was only an old Axtone's farewell note.
2016, apart from some tracks like "Closer" (including remixes from Todd Terry and Terrence Parker), the dub from As I Am of "Torn Apart" and "Mantra" disappointed me very much, as did 2017 (except which for of course the remode of "Make Up Your Mind”)
In 2018 “Come Togheter” was released, so I thought that MAYBE Axtone could go back to their origins. In fact for me, it was like that, starting with Axwell’s "Nobody Else" (although guys, let's face it, it's not a house song like Axwell wanted us to believe, but I can say that is more a future house track like Oliver Heldens ones).
But anyway with “Fuego”, “Zhong”, “You Are My Life”, Simon Ray's tracks and remixes etc. Axtone seems to have returned to its origins, at least in the period 2010/2011.
Personally? I prefer these tracks right now instead of the "wuom, wuom, wuom" (Big Room tracks for instance) thing that we always heard in the 2015/2016 period.
Do I want tracks made in 2008 style, but adapted for 2020? Absolutely yes, but y’know guys, nostalgia is beautiful but it can also be destructive at the same time in my opinion. Can you imagine if Laidback Luke's remix or Axwell's remode of "Been A Long Time" was released last year or this year? For us, it would have been a constant joy, but for the average audience it would have been only annoying stuff. You know guys why? Because in 2008, this music was for people who was really interested in this kind of genre, going to Axwell’s live sets, Steve Angello’s live sets, Laidback Luke’s live sets etc. Now in 2020, this music (IMO) it became mainstream.
I hope of course that Axtone will stil release some house tracks, but really house tracks like DBN (2008 DBN), A-Trak, Ron Carroll, Chocolate Puma or Todd Terry for example (I’m still waiting for “Inside of Me” lol.)
As said, these are my personal opinions, shareable or not. Sorry for my long post :)
Kry