Axwell - Center of The Universe

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
Didas
I worship Axwell

Post Didas24 May 2013, 21:59

Latest post of the previous page:

lo centro del universo ...ahhaha
"When I'm making music I try to create something that is different... something that makes my ears happy.."
hedz
I worship Axwell
Send private message helderdiniz

Post hedz25 May 2013, 01:39

I know this is the radio edit, but it sounds alot different from the 2009 version. I liked the old version more
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
Send private message https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio

Post Vinelli25 May 2013, 04:26

hedz wrote:I know this is the radio edit, but it sounds alot different from the 2009 version. I liked the old version more
Lol. I have never ever heard someone say they like the new version over an existing old.
camheine
I worship Axwell

Post camheine25 May 2013, 05:21

hedz wrote:I know this is the radio edit, but it sounds alot different from the 2009 version. I liked the old version more
To me it sounds a bit all over the place, but it still sounds amazing, when it kicks in it feels like it has more power than before, which is awesome. This version again sounds different to the one in the video, am i crazy or am i the only one that feels like Ax has made 2-3 versions of the original?
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music."
enrico
I worship Axwell

Post enrico25 May 2013, 07:49

camheine wrote: To me it sounds a bit all over the place, but it still sounds amazing, when it kicks in it feels like it has more power than before, which is awesome.
I fully agree, it does.
It caters to some sort of pop music-feeling I think. At the moment, I should add.

I actually grew to like the Remode as well, now that there's the prevoew on his SC it's quite the nice mix of both:

hedz
I worship Axwell
Send private message helderdiniz

Post hedz25 May 2013, 12:31

Vinelli wrote:
Lol. I have never ever heard someone say they like the new version over an existing old.
Lol so basicly you're calling me some hipster or something. But no, let me justify my opinion.

If you listen to the 2009 version (or 2010, not quite sure) it had a great emotional bridge that I loved. Plus that heartbeat with stabs "break" sounded awesome and seems like he removed some of it sounds.

Yet I'm waiting for the full version, if it at least he keeps the bridge or the break I'm happy enough and this is still the best track of the last two years
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
Send private message https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio

Post Vinelli25 May 2013, 13:00

hedz wrote:
Vinelli wrote:
Lol so basicly you're calling me some hipster or something. But no, let me justify my opinion.

If you listen to the 2009 version (or 2010, not quite sure) it had a great emotional bridge that I loved. Plus that heartbeat with stabs "break" sounded awesome and seems like he removed some of it sounds.

Yet I'm waiting for the full version, if it at least he keeps the bridge or the break I'm happy enough and this is still the best track of the last two years
Not at all, I'm just throwing something out there. I have the excact the same feeling as well with every id thats gets modified before it releases, including this one. I agree with you, my friend :)
darkzavage
True fan

Post darkzavage25 May 2013, 23:56

when i first listened to COTU i thought the heart beat break was kinda weird... like it didnt fit... but as i listened to it more, i think it fits well... now i miss it

my point is, 95% if the time, people dislike a new version of something because its not the one they are familiar with :) some of the time (not always) a new mix may be better, but its just not familiar so people dislike it...

a good example is the teenage crime mix... i like the copenhagen mix, because i heard it first. when i played it for my friends (who heard the released version first) they preferred the released version :)

im not saying the old mix of cotu is better or worse, im just saying its usually the one people hear first that they like :)
DCBull
I worship Axwell

Post DCBull26 May 2013, 15:38

I can taste it... taste the release date...
Dschu
I worship Axwell

Post Dschu26 May 2013, 20:53

Greyhound is another good example for this. When I first heard the modified melody I thought it totally sucks. But today It sounds familiar and perfect
ggssmm
I worship Axwell
Send private message http://soundcloud.com/guilherme-miranda

Post ggssmm26 May 2013, 22:24

Dschu wrote:Greyhound is another good example for this. When I first heard the modified melody I thought it totally sucks. But today It sounds familiar and perfect
but the old one is still 'more' perfect!!