AXT021 Michael Calfan - Resurrection (Axwell's Re-Cut Club Version)

• Release Date: 5 Dec 2011

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
Jerry98
I worship Axwell

Post Jerry9825 Nov 2018, 18:27

Latest post of the previous page:

jaime_7 wrote:
25 Nov 2018, 15:28
He agreed to put Axwell's name on his track. Would the track had been a success without Axwell's name on it? We'll never know. Maybe yes, maybe no. The only thing that's true is that he agreed to get under the Axwell umbrella to get exposition, the track was a huge hit and he probably made a successful DJ career just because of that track, even though he changed his style after that. But with that decision he let people think that the track was made by Axwell, even though his own name was on the track. Also, it's a track that was massively played by Ax, SHM and AxIng, so the average EDM fan relates that track with Ax, just like 80% of the EDM fans don't know that there is an original version of In My Mind.
But it was his mistake, he let this happen. He should have taken the risk of putting only his name if he wanted to be acknowledged as the creator of the track. I understand that he's pissed off, tho. Once I read a similar case with Afrojack, he said that he made Titanium, let Guetta take the name of the track, and that now he regrets it. Not exactly the same because his name it's not even in the track, but in the end it's the same: the hard choice between your name and your bank account.
Amen
hedz
I worship Axwell
Send private message helderdiniz

Post hedz26 Nov 2018, 01:10

mcribas wrote:
24 Nov 2018, 20:55
Well, I get what you mean. But you can't really blame fans for not associating that style with Calfan since he probably made just one single song like that, and the other he really doesn't want to release it. He cannot use that card for somethings and just ignoring it for others. That's just my two cents, you don't have to be a prick about it.
It was Calfan's breakthrough track, so I agree on the fans not associating the style because that would virtually impossible. If you look at this discography, he did make some tracks that sounded like it though.

But my point is that just because you're kind of butthurt for having him use the style card on not releasing Last Call, that still makes no sense to say that he basically doesn't deserve to feel mad about this situation. It's not his style anymore, but it is indeed his most successful track, still gets played a lot and people still consider Axwell as a producer of the track.
I've started uploading my mashes on Youtube also: https://youtube.com/user/hedzmusic // https://soundcloud.com/helderdiniz