AXT021 Michael Calfan - Resurrection (Axwell's Re-Cut Club Version)

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
User avatar
Jerry98 Send private message
I worship Axwell
Posts: 267
Joined: 04 Dec 2017
Location: Italy

Post by Jerry98 » 24 Nov 2018, 19:09

Latest post of the previous page:

mcribas wrote:
24 Nov 2018, 13:13
Well, he seems pretty upset from a song that he clearly wants to get apart since "it's not his style anymore". Don't get all this drama right now.

#releaselastcallanddontbesuchababy
Well said! :lol:
User avatar
hedz Send private message
I worship Axwell
helderdiniz
Posts: 3097
Joined: 29 Jan 2012
Location: Porto, Portugal

Post by hedz » 24 Nov 2018, 19:23

mcribas wrote:
24 Nov 2018, 13:13
Well, he seems pretty upset from a song that he clearly wants to get apart since "it's not his style anymore". Don't get all this drama right now.

#releaselastcallanddontbesuchababy
Well, you're being a little shit with that attitude, let me tell you.
It doesn't matter if it's not his style anymore, it was his breakthrough track and people still think the same about it 7 years later (that Ax produced it), why shouldn't he be upset? Playing the "it's not his style" card just because he used that to not release Last Call is just plain stupid. Resurrection is his production, people didn't give Calfan as much credit as due and his attitude is completely justifiable.
Checkout my stuff on Soundcloud 👇
https://soundcloud.com/helderdiniz/wast ... edz-reboot
mcribas Send private message
I worship Axwell
https://soundcloud.com/marshwell
Posts: 273
Joined: 14 Jun 2016
DJ Gear: Computer (it's important gear nowadays)

Post by mcribas » 24 Nov 2018, 20:55

hedz wrote:
24 Nov 2018, 19:23
mcribas wrote:
24 Nov 2018, 13:13
Well, he seems pretty upset from a song that he clearly wants to get apart since "it's not his style anymore". Don't get all this drama right now.

#releaselastcallanddontbesuchababy
Well, you're being a little shit with that attitude, let me tell you.
It doesn't matter if it's not his style anymore, it was his breakthrough track and people still think the same about it 7 years later (that Ax produced it), why shouldn't he be upset? Playing the "it's not his style" card just because he used that to not release Last Call is just plain stupid. Resurrection is his production, people didn't give Calfan as much credit as due and his attitude is completely justifiable.
Well, I get what you mean. But you can't really blame fans for not associating that style with Calfan since he probably made just one single song like that, and the other he really doesn't want to release it. He cannot use that card for somethings and just ignoring it for others. That's just my two cents, you don't have to be a prick about it.
DNAA Send private message
I worship Axwell
Posts: 433
Joined: 30 Mar 2018

Post by DNAA » 24 Nov 2018, 22:13

People here can saying exactly what a few on Reddit are "I don't care it's a banging tune and it wouldn't get anywhere without Ax's name"

Don't seem to know fuck all about music. If this is true, then regardless how much I love the guy it's disgusting. Spending all that time to create it just to be ignored for your hard work...

You'd flip if it was yourself
User avatar
House5 Send private message
I worship Axwell
Posts: 1772
Joined: 23 Jul 2012
Location: France
DJ Gear: Denon DN-MC6000
VirtualDJ Pro

Post by House5 » 25 Nov 2018, 11:04

Yeah I totally get Calfan's reaction, I'd also be pissed off if I were him.
But who knows if the track would have done that good in clubs without Ax's name on it, it's obvious they added his name on a cut for sales purposes, and it worked
"You showed us, and the world, that Paris is much more than the Eiffel Tower and Mona Lisa..."
Axwell, Bercy @ Paris, Saturday, December the 8th 2012.

Luigi vs. House5...
User avatar
Vinelli Send private message
I worship Axwell
https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio
Posts: 3160
Joined: 04 Aug 2009
Location: Rotterdam City Of Love, The Netherlands

Post by Vinelli » 25 Nov 2018, 12:24

DNAA wrote:
24 Nov 2018, 22:13
People here can saying exactly what a few on Reddit are "I don't care it's a banging tune and it wouldn't get anywhere without Ax's name"

Don't seem to know fuck all about music. If this is true, then regardless how much I love the guy it's disgusting. Spending all that time to create it just to be ignored for your hard work...

You'd flip if it was yourself
Yeah but he basically sold out by letting ax put his name on it for, what he himself admits, marketing reasons. He knew damn well what that would mean in terms of people thinking ax had more to do with it. So its really weird to get upset now after all these years.

I think thats what making people respond the way they do
nickkrupka1 Send private message
I worship Axwell
Posts: 293
Joined: 09 Dec 2012
Location: Philly, United States

Post by nickkrupka1 » 25 Nov 2018, 13:12

DNAA wrote:
24 Nov 2018, 22:13
People here can saying exactly what a few on Reddit are "I don't care it's a banging tune and it wouldn't get anywhere without Ax's name"

Don't seem to know fuck all about music. If this is true, then regardless how much I love the guy it's disgusting. Spending all that time to create it just to be ignored for your hard work...

You'd flip if it was yourself
I don't think many people would consider it an Axwell song though. At least I know I don't, after all these years I forgot Axwell was the one who had something to do with it.

Its a Calfan song - hopefully some of these articles start to refer to it more like that.
User avatar
ggssmm Send private message
I worship Axwell
http://soundcloud.com/guilherme-miranda
Posts: 669
Joined: 15 Dec 2011

Post by ggssmm » 25 Nov 2018, 15:06

This...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
jaime_7 Send private message
True fan
Posts: 196
Joined: 04 Oct 2016
Location: Madrid, Spain

Post by jaime_7 » 25 Nov 2018, 15:28

He agreed to put Axwell's name on his track. Would the track had been a success without Axwell's name on it? We'll never know. Maybe yes, maybe no. The only thing that's true is that he agreed to get under the Axwell umbrella to get exposition, the track was a huge hit and he probably made a successful DJ career just because of that track, even though he changed his style after that. But with that decision he let people think that the track was made by Axwell, even though his own name was on the track. Also, it's a track that was massively played by Ax, SHM and AxIng, so the average EDM fan relates that track with Ax, just like 80% of the EDM fans don't know that there is an original version of In My Mind.
But it was his mistake, he let this happen. He should have taken the risk of putting only his name if he wanted to be acknowledged as the creator of the track. I understand that he's pissed off, tho. Once I read a similar case with Afrojack, he said that he made Titanium, let Guetta take the name of the track, and that now he regrets it. Not exactly the same because his name it's not even in the track, but in the end it's the same: the hard choice between your name and your bank account.
"It's Swedish House Mafia for life this time" - Axwell, 25/03/2018
User avatar
ggssmm Send private message
I worship Axwell
http://soundcloud.com/guilherme-miranda
Posts: 669
Joined: 15 Dec 2011

Post by ggssmm » 25 Nov 2018, 15:45

Agreed.

I think what bothers him is the fact the the 'specialized media', which is expected to understand the business, make mistakes like this. We Rave You defined the track as an "EPIC recut"... it looks like all they wanted is page views.
User avatar
Jerry98 Send private message
I worship Axwell
Posts: 267
Joined: 04 Dec 2017
Location: Italy

Post by Jerry98 » 25 Nov 2018, 18:27

jaime_7 wrote:
25 Nov 2018, 15:28
He agreed to put Axwell's name on his track. Would the track had been a success without Axwell's name on it? We'll never know. Maybe yes, maybe no. The only thing that's true is that he agreed to get under the Axwell umbrella to get exposition, the track was a huge hit and he probably made a successful DJ career just because of that track, even though he changed his style after that. But with that decision he let people think that the track was made by Axwell, even though his own name was on the track. Also, it's a track that was massively played by Ax, SHM and AxIng, so the average EDM fan relates that track with Ax, just like 80% of the EDM fans don't know that there is an original version of In My Mind.
But it was his mistake, he let this happen. He should have taken the risk of putting only his name if he wanted to be acknowledged as the creator of the track. I understand that he's pissed off, tho. Once I read a similar case with Afrojack, he said that he made Titanium, let Guetta take the name of the track, and that now he regrets it. Not exactly the same because his name it's not even in the track, but in the end it's the same: the hard choice between your name and your bank account.
Amen