AXT022 Ivan Gough, Feenixpawl ft. Georgi Kay - In My Mind [Axtone]

• Release Date: 30 Jan 2012

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
Watsa
I worship Axwell
since 2011
DJ Gear: Sennheiser HD-25

Watsa Send private message Post 27 Apr 2012, 11:06

Bottom post of the previous page:

There's an original mix of it floating on the web, is it real?
hedz
I worship Axwell
since 2012

hedz Send private message helderdiniz Post 27 Apr 2012, 13:25

Watsa wrote:There's an original mix of it floating on the web, is it real?
Where? All I can find is Simon D Remake.
Watsa
I worship Axwell
since 2011

Watsa Send private message Post 27 Apr 2012, 13:32

You've a PM
hedz
I worship Axwell
since 2012

hedz Send private message helderdiniz Post 27 Apr 2012, 13:44

Watsa wrote:You've a PM
Thank you mate.

To be honest I don't know what to think, first the artwork says NEON instead of Axtone but the animation is made by comix (axtone), then it sounds really similar to Axwell's mix without some elements and it also sounds really close to Simon D Remake at the drop and the riff, it sounds like an edited version of Axwell Mix vs Simon D Remake, but the intro sounds a bit different and then listening to the second build-up, the arrangement of the track is different and it has some different elements on it, so yea I think it's the original... We just need to find out how they got this...
Watsa
I worship Axwell
since 2011

Watsa Send private message Post 27 Apr 2012, 14:00

The Simon D remake was made from the 1st version of in my mind posted in feenixpawl's soundcloud, so I think this could be real, but I really dunno
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
since 2009

Vinelli Send private message https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio Post 27 Apr 2012, 16:55

Wow, just heard the orginsl. Ax his edit appeared to be very..."subtle".

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
olivierM
I worship Axwell
since 2010

olivierM Send private message Post 27 Apr 2012, 17:58

Vinelli wrote:Wow, just heard the orginsl. Ax his edit appeared to be very..."subtle".

Yeah but the mastering in the Ax mix is way better !!

But you're right if we had some doubts about the fact that the ax version was just an edit or a remix we have the answer !
hedz
I worship Axwell
since 2012

hedz Send private message helderdiniz Post 27 Apr 2012, 18:12

Vinelli wrote:Wow, just heard the orginsl. Ax his edit appeared to be very..."subtle".

Subtle but awesome in my opinion, if you really listen closely to it, you can notice big differences production wise. Warmer synths, better mastering, improved intro and outro, better second drop, the original is good, but if you listen to it without the vocals it will be another meh track while I find Axwell's a lot sexier.

Just my opinion whatsover
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
since 2009

Vinelli Send private message https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio Post 27 Apr 2012, 20:40

hedz wrote:

Subtle but awesome in my opinion, if you really listen closely to it, you can notice big differences production wise. Warmer synths, better mastering, improved intro and outro, better second drop, the original is good, but if you listen to it without the vocals it will be another meh track while I find Axwell's a lot sexier.

Just had a proper listen..

No doubt he made it twice as good, but I first believed he made some more noticable changes. It's indeed more of an edit/remaster than a mix. But I think still that this version with ax his name behind it would have made a big impact in the scene nontheless.

I can't see the orginal being purchased by any sensible mind now though..Especially not while ax his mix is still riding the aftershock of the biggest track from the first quarter of the year.
Dschu
I worship Axwell
since 2010

Dschu Send private message Post 28 Apr 2012, 08:11

Vinelli wrote:
hedz wrote:

Just had a proper listen..

No doubt he made it twice as good, but I first believed he made some more noticable changes. It's indeed more of an edit/remaster than a mix. But I think still that this version with ax his name behind it would have made a big impact in the scene nontheless.

I can't see the orginal being purchased by any sensible mind now though..Especially not while ax his mix is still riding the aftershock of the biggest track from the first quarter of the year.
Thats why ist not called "Axwell Remix"... after listening to it several times I'm impressed by Ax's changes. The mastering is just perfect and he pimped the track!

The marketing with his name is surely an important fact for this track as well.
Didas
I worship Axwell
since 2011

Didas Send private message Post 07 Jun 2012, 21:12

The 1st time I published In My Mind in this forum, back in October (that post was erased by who btw?lol AX HQ?) , we all had goosebumps after the 1st hearing... later in December/January we heard the final version, ofc he got in love....
But I kinda like it more since Ive heard for the 1st time live played by Ax last month ..and more and more...
"When I'm making music I try to create something that is different... something that makes my ears happy.."