AXT022 Ivan Gough, Feenixpawl ft. Georgi Kay - In My Mind [Axtone]

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
DCBull
I worship Axwell

Post by DCBull » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:33 pm

hedz wrote:

In My Mind - Georgi Kay version
nice
DAveee
True fan

Post by DAveee » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:47 pm

W T F
L'amour toujour ft. in my mind ...
MatthewBass
Axwell digger
https://soundcloud.com/matthewbass

Post by MatthewBass » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:28 pm

DAveee wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:47 pm
W T F
L'amour toujour ft. in my mind ...
hahaha wtf is this lmao :lol:
This Time
Axwell lover

Post by This Time » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:51 pm

WTF!!!! number 1 in germany and 26 in spotify top 100 https://kworb.net/itunes/artist/gigid27agostino.html
Maltey96
True fan

Post by Maltey96 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:17 pm

This Time wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:51 pm
WTF!!!! number 1 in germany and 26 in spotify top 100 https://kworb.net/itunes/artist/gigid27agostino.html
There are actually two reasons for that: Not many people know the origin of these vocals in Germany and some listeners don't even notice that it's actually L'amour Toujours in the background. They think it's a new Gigi Track. The vocals are still catchy as hell, even though they are pitched (I don't think these are re-sung by a different vocalist).
My gf listened to the Axwell Mix multiple times in the past but didn't notice that the vocals in the Dynorotrack are the same and that the instrumental is based on l'amour toujours :D
Maximillion
I worship Axwell
http://www.minichamps.de
DJ Gear: 3 x CDJ 1000 MK3
DJM 800
2 x Technics 1210 SL
Sennheiser HD 25

Post by Maximillion » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:34 am

Hey hey hey... who says that people in Germany do not know the origin of this track.

I think that is straight BS, the truth rather is that the radio stations to which this target audience of that particular song appeals, are pumping out that track about 10 times every day and automatically due to this push and the broadcasters mentioning the name of that song, the audience is buying/ streaming the track and thus it jumps up in the charts. Basically the radio stations dictate the charts!

Now if the radio stations would play Ax's remix every day 10 times in the radio version we would see the same effect, but Ax's remix is 6.5 years old by now and radio stations who play this kind of, I would call it "chart pop-house", only play current songs during their day time regular shows, examples are: 1Live, Radio Energy, you name them!

We can also call this general phenomenon "market manipulation" or "target group abuse"
Maltey96
True fan

Post by Maltey96 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:46 pm

Maximillion wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:34 am
Hey hey hey... who says that people in Germany do not know the origin of this track.

I think that is straight BS, the truth rather is that the radio stations to which this target audience of that particular song appeals, are pumping out that track about 10 times every day and automatically due to this push and the broadcasters mentioning the name of that song, the audience is buying/ streaming the track and thus it jumps up in the charts. Basically the radio stations dictate the charts!

Now if the radio stations would play Ax's remix every day 10 times in the radio version we would see the same effect, but Ax's remix is 6.5 years old by now and radio stations who play this kind of, I would call it "chart pop-house", only play current songs during their day time regular shows, examples are: 1Live, Radio Energy, you name them!

We can also call this general phenomenon "market manipulation" or "target group abuse"
In fact you're completely wrong.
1. The radio stations has been playing this track after it went #1 on iTunes & co.
2. Just start to read the german comments on Youtube. Everybody thinks it's a new Gigi Song and back in 2012 the EDM Hype was pretty small in contrast to Sweden/Netherlands/America... The average radio listener doesn't know In My Mind from Ivan Gough & Feenixpawl.
Maximillion
I worship Axwell
http://www.minichamps.de
DJ Gear: 3 x CDJ 1000 MK3
DJM 800
2 x Technics 1210 SL
Sennheiser HD 25

Post by Maximillion » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:28 pm

Maltey96 wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:46 pm
Maximillion wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:34 am

In fact you're completely wrong.
1. The radio stations has been playing this track after it went #1 on iTunes & co.
2. Just start to read the german comments on Youtube. Everybody thinks it's a new Gigi Song and back in 2012 the EDM Hype was pretty small in contrast to Sweden/Netherlands/America... The average radio listener doesn't know In My Mind from Ivan Gough & Feenixpawl.
You are exactly making my point!
1. Of course the radio stations are playing it now, but they also played it before, at least in Germany. They also played Ax's radio version in 2012 and it was released on Warner, but never went deep in the charts, since Georgi Kay and Ivan Gough were listed as release artists and not Axwell. With Axwell it might have hit 30.
2. 6.5 years ago most of the people which have been sucked into this EDM hype nowadays were still in their final year of elementary school or early secondary education, no wonder they do not know Ax's version and 6.5 years ago "real House music" was still well and alive and not as chart influenced as it is right now, hence you can call the Dynoro track "pop house". The song was made more applicable to the target group which uses streams/ downloads most frequently, which are kids born in 2000 or a couple years younger!
i_AM
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Novation Launchpad MK II, SMS Audio Street, Beats Mixr, Sennheiser HD 25

Post by i_AM » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:39 pm

This track is crap. I think everyone who has some basic production knowledge can put this together in 5 minutes or so.
...and I Wonder why Gigi is mentioned and Georgi Kay is not. Does anyone have some more background information about this track. I can imagine that this started as a bootleg and then got officially released.
Maltey96
True fan

Post by Maltey96 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:56 am

i_AM wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:39 pm
This track is crap. I think everyone who has some basic production knowledge can put this together in 5 minutes or so.
...and I Wonder why Gigi is mentioned and Georgi Kay is not. Does anyone have some more background information about this track. I can imagine that this started as a bootleg and then got officially released.
Dynoro released this track with the original Georgi Kay vocals some months ago on Spotify. The track went viral very quickly (probably because of that reasons I already mentioned before). At this time the track wasn't purchasable on iTunes, Google Play etc. Then it got taken down from Spotify, probably because Dynoro hadn't had the rights to release it. Some guy on Youtube wrote, that Gigi's management wanted Dynoro to include Gigi d'Agostini as part of the track because of the L'amour Toujours melody. After that deal was made, he released the track again, but this time on every platform. Furthermore the vocals are pitched in the Gigi version, but I guess they are the same Georgi Kay vocals. The success became even bigger this time. #1 in Germany, every radio station plays it. But no one ever mentioned the origin of the vocals by Ivan Gough & Feenixpawl's track.