10 Years of Axtone: Looking Back On A Decade Of Music

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio

Post by Vinelli » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:17 pm

AXT002R Watch The Sunrise Remixes

From sunrise to sunset, AT THE SAME TIME?!

I don't have to explain how awesome this remix package is. I mean, Bob Sinclair on form and an Axwell Remode...Imagine that today! To think Seb was actually going to be on it too! (see the pic below). I happened to got the vinyl sent to me this week, and I must say the sleeve absolutely gorgeous! Get it while it's still easily obtainable!!!

So first up is the one and only Bobby Sinclar. The man has produced so many soulful records, it's unreal. He always seemed to have this connection with Axwell as well, which exploded when they finally collaborated in full form on "Wonderful World". There is this whole story about this record, something with Guetta I believe, but I'm not sure how it goes. What I do is that Bob absolutely delivered with his remix.

I think his main work was on the additional guitars en weird but pleasant ryhtem, resulting in a very laidback version of the more anthemish original. One of the best things of this remix is Bob using the extended vocals from the original. They fit so nicely! And those trumpets. THOSE TRUMPETS! Very awesome from Ax to get Bob on Axtone, because I think that at the time, he was one of the biggest names in the scene. With Bob returning to the more housier roots, I would absolutely love to see a new collaboration between the two :).

So another remode from the axman. It's quite similar to the Together ReMode actually. He took a more organic original and turned it in an completely progressive dance floor monster (the guitars are gone for instance). The whole song sounds just so much bigger and more massive. I wouldn't say better, but just different. It's cool to hear how laidback Edwards can sound in the original/bobby remix and so dramatic in this remode. Also, it has additional female vocals, of which I don't the backstory. Maybe someone knows more? I know it was planned for the original as well (again, see the pic).

BONUS REMIX: This remix didn't came out on Axtone but on Positiva, although it's on their youtube. Chris Lake, a name still pretty relevant in da scene, was pretty big in 2005 as well. Just like Tocadisco, he was known for being one of the pioneers in the new upcoming electro sound that was becoming so popular in Ibiza at the time (When axwell was starting getting gigs on the isle, he noticed how everything was electro there instead of that tribeca house sound that he expected). You can definitely hear that back in this remix.

So yeah, that's it for the first of very few remixes EP on axtone ever (I believe there are only like 2?!, with paradigm becoming the third!). I will leave you with these

AXFACTS:

- This is the ONLY axtone vinyl sleeve that is matte! All the other axtone sleeves are cardboard based. I was fairly surprised too but apparently it is! Not sure if matte is the right way to describe it, but it's the only thing I could thing of. O and the yellow/gold lines are actually reflective too. Again, a really rad vinyl sleeve to own. Get it get it get iiiit!

- Sebastian Ingrosso was supposed to do a remix, but he didn't deliver in time -.-. Would have been really interesting to hear how he would mold an axwell original

- The extended lyrics bare the names of 4 axtone releases
:lol:
Last edited by Vinelli on Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Vinelli
I worship Axwell

Post by Vinelli » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:22 pm

trebleandsonido
I worship Axwell
http://soundcloud.com/trebleandsonido QuintenVP trebleandsonido

Post by trebleandsonido » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:27 pm

Props, Vincent! Massive posts!
If it sounds good, it is good.
adrigarhouse
I worship Axwell

Post by adrigarhouse » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:55 pm

Vinelli wrote:Image
WOW. Brilliant search man. Back in the day when Ax himself announced his stuff right here, searching for a very closely feedback. This kind of things are no longer available atm, such a shame :cry:
"Please tell me..."
Vinelli
I worship Axwell

Post by Vinelli » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:21 pm

adrigarhouse wrote:
Vinelli wrote:Image
WOW. Brilliant search man. Back in the day when Ax himself announced his stuff right here, searching for a very closely feedback. This kind of things are no longer available atm, such a shame :cry:
haha yeah, some time ago someone pointed me out to that old Proboard forum. Some really interesting stuff in there still :)
Vinelli
I worship Axwell

Post by Vinelli » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:09 pm

AXT002DG Feel The Vibe

Do you feel it?

Feel The Vibe might be one of the most massive releases there ever was on Axtone and ever will be. However, there is still some confusion about it's release. Because you see, this track originally got a release in 2004 on Nero Records instead! It's the reason why it's the only axtone release before 'In My Mind' which doesn't have an Axtone vinyl release.

I might have an idea how it all went down, but before we go into that chaotic mess, let's focus on the marvelous original first!

This is without a doubt my personal favorite Axtone release and the original mix my number one Axwell solo track and maybe even my favorite record of all time. I can remember hearing this in the summer of what must have been 2005/2006 ish. It completely turned my world upside down and is the reason why I'm on this forum today, writing this.

I think this song speaks for itself really, so I'll just leave it at that :).

Now here's where it get's blurry!

Apparently after the big club success and massive support from other dj's for the original record (on Nero), DATA Records contacted Axwell and hooked him up with Tara Mcdonald and producer Tom Kent. Tara sung additional vocals, which Tom took production credits over and he was the one who was responsible for adding them to the original mix, resulting in Feel The Vibe (Till The Morning Comes), planned as a single release for the UK. Eventually, it got a release on Ministry Of Sound recordings, as an european single. It topped various charts in various countries, and is still one of if not THE most succesfull Axwell solo single he has ever made. I believe it was also the first Axtone related track to get an own music video! It was an absolute radio smasher at the time (just imagine turning on your radio to this record, unreal haha).

At the same time, while Feel The Vibe (Till The Morning Comes) was dominating the radio, Axwell and the vocalist from the original record, Errol Reid (also appearing on Nothing But Love), made an extended vocal mix named (Can You) Feel The Vibe. This vocal gave the record to a completely different ..."vibe", the lyrics being about self realization and doing what you feel like doing instead of chasing the status quo, where the original and tara extended vocal were more about living in the moment.

Eventually, this was the vocal mix that found itself being released on Axtone. Apparently it was decided to add the original record and the vocal mix by Tara and mr. Kent to the digital release package, that would come out on Axtone in what I'm guessing would be 2008 or 2009, as Submariner is categorized as the first Axtone release (DV001) where the focus lied on the digital release (DV=Digital Version). That particular package also included almost all the remixes that appeared on various labels at the time, which we will be looking at next :). Eventually, the entire record got credited to Axtone, and that's why you will see it on online stores as iTunes and Beatport as an Axtone 2005 release.

So yeah, I believe that is the story of Feel The Vibe :). Please correct me if I'm wrong, as it's still one of the most confusing releases to come out on Axtone! However, how and why it got released in the way that it did doesn't matter to me. What matters is that it did, and we have Axwell to thank for it, as he was the one who created this utterly breathtaking record in the first place.

I can never be 100% sure, but I like to see this track as the flame that ignited the house fiyah inside, as it was the start of me listening to electronic music.

So yeah, it's pretty much worth looking back to :mrgreen:
Last edited by Vinelli on Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
House5
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Denon DN-MC6000
VirtualDJ Pro

Post by House5 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:59 pm

Tara added a pop vibe to the track, and Errol added a house vibe to it. I think this proves that this tune can be enjoyable by the whole planet ! I heard Tara singing it live (I even got to come on stage with her) and I must say it was SO CLEAN ! Insane experience to hear this masterpiece and to meet the girl who allowed it to be released in UK.

I consider myself lucky because you won't hear it anymore on a proper club sound system :D It was also her 1st featuring ever, and it was massive already
"You showed us, and the world, that Paris is much more than the Eiffel Tower and Mona Lisa..."
Axwell, Bercy @ Paris, Saturday, December the 8th 2012.

Luigi vs. House5...

[img]http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/3492/luigietsonombre.gif[/img]
prydafan
Axwell digger

Post by prydafan » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:46 pm

Pretty sure Feel The Vibe was one of the tracks I've heard before even knowing about Axwell :D
VeljkoDujakovic
I worship Axwell

Post by VeljkoDujakovic » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:19 pm

prydafan wrote:Pretty sure Feel The Vibe was one of the tracks I've heard before even knowing about Axwell :D
same here !
hlavkus
Axwell digger
DJ Gear: Pioneer DDJ SX + Serato DJ + Urbanears Zinken

Post by hlavkus » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:27 pm

Yeah, I was 11 and I heard Feel the Vibe and I first thought that Axwell was some kind of a band (like Alcazar :DD) I still don't know why :D