10 Years of Axtone: Looking Back On A Decade Of Music

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
Halcyon
I worship Axwell

Post by Halcyon » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:09 pm

Maybe none of your business, but I can't wait to comment on AXT005.
And AXT006 also.
Didas
I worship Axwell

Post by Didas » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:20 pm

to sum up the discussion of AXT005

here you go, and good night !
"When I'm making music I try to create something that is different... something that makes my ears happy.."
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio

Post by Vinelli » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:56 pm

AXT005 Let It Go

Since you guys can't wait, here's the beloved 005 :). let's GOOO.

THE FIRST non Axwell original on the label, by still a very good friend from axel. Dirty South was seriously the perfect guy for this debut, although it has to be said that Axwell stole the show once again with his remix.

How iconic is that guitar break?! For me personally, a few seconds of it is enough to instantly bring me back to the first time I've heard this back in 07. It's also Rudy's first time on the label, and again for me he's one of the most iconic voices of that time. He went on to do a few more release for axtone in the future and might even have a new one with NEW_ID (again) soon.

And here it is...THE Axwell remix, loved by so many. And rightly so.

This remix reminds me of Submariner a little, as it's equally delightfully weird. It seems to be a hybrid of classic tribal with (for that time) really modern progressive elements, some house, some tech ect. ect. The track was almost a genre of it's own to me. I still can't properly recall a track that sounds a bit similar to this, that's not from Axwell.

I mean, what can I say about this remix that hasn't already been said. It's just absolutely massive.

Defected released Let It Go as well, and they included a full vocal mix. Well, not 100 percent sure if Defected got the rights to it, but it isn't listed as an Axtone one on discogs nor is it on the promo cd. Anyways, the mix offers some nice additional lines. They help to understand the meaning of the song a little, which I really love btw.

BONUS:

I think this was the vid Didas was trying to post. It's become so iconic to me due to all the classics. One of them was indeed 'Let It Go', here mashed up with another one of Rudy's fine additions to the label.

Halcyon
I worship Axwell

Post by Halcyon » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:44 pm

The Axwell Remix was also voted as best remix of the year in Beatport back in 2007.
So much impact that a lot of artists tried to reproduce tribal house tracks with the same structures in the arrangement (Dario Nunez - Come With Me for example or even the Show from Laidback Luke which is really inspired by the Let It Go from Axwell).
First time I heard it, I was a little bit disturbed because of all the void that is present in the track, which is a lot based on the drums.
Then the lead reminded me of Wear it Out from Steve Angello.
Another thing that I cannot figure out, it's the sample used in the intro as a loop, I tried so many times to find it in the original mix, but still I don't know where it comes from.
sobieski902
I worship Axwell

Post by sobieski902 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:03 pm

Vinelli wrote:AXT005 Let It Go

Since you guys can't wait, here's the beloved 005 :). let's GOOO.

THE FIRST non Axwell original on the label, by still a very good friend from axel. Dirty South was seriously the perfect guy for this debut, although it has to be said that Axwell stole the show once again with his remix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq7wrJ-xqAk

How iconic is that guitar break?! For me personally, a few seconds of it is enough to instantly bring me back to the first time I've heard this back in 07. It's also Rudy's first time on the label, and again for me he's one of the most iconic voices of that time. He went on to do a few more release for axtone in the future and might even have a new one with NEW_ID (again) soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK1CiFLw7gA

And here it is...THE Axwell remix, loved by so many. And rightly so.

This remix reminds me of Submariner a little, as it's equally delightfully weird. It seems to be a hybrid of classic tribal with (for that time) really modern progressive elements, some house, some tech ect. ect. The track was almost a genre of it's own to me. I still can't properly recall a track that sounds a bit similar to this, that's not from Axwell.

I mean, what can I say about this remix that hasn't already been said. It's just absolutely massive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EwuCvQXU0M

Defected released Let It Go as well, and they included a full vocal mix. Well, not 100 percent sure if Defected got the rights to it, but it isn't listed as an Axtone one on discogs nor is it on the promo cd. Anyways, the mix offers some nice additional lines. They help to understand the meaning of the song a little, which I really love btw.

BONUS:

I think this was the vid Didas was trying to post. It's become so iconic to me due to all the classics. One of them was indeed 'Let It Go', here mashed up with another one of Rudy's fine additions to the label.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lvzbgJIfRw

No matter what they say Let It Go ... Perfect timing Vince, I finally bought this Vinyl yesterday
Born in Germany, raised in music
Seveli13
I worship Axwell

Post by Seveli13 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:09 pm

Absolutelly massive...Big room house music at its best...nothing really more to say... :)
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio

Post by Vinelli » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:39 pm

Long overdue, sven :P! But glad you got it. The art is one of a kind
Axtone
Axwell fan

Post by Axtone » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:14 pm

loving this thread guys! you lot know your stuff!
Professor shit going on
olivierM
I worship Axwell

Post by olivierM » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:40 pm

Hey Axtone, as long as you are here, would it be possible to complete the wallpaper collection ? ;)
Andrea_bs
Axwell digger
DJ Gear: -Allen & Heat Xone:K2
-Sennheiser Hd25

Post by Andrea_bs » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:01 pm

that Exit video still gives me goosebumps everytime i watch it!!!!