10 Years of Axtone: Looking Back On A Decade Of Music

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio

Post by Vinelli » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:05 pm

AXT007 Open Your Heart

We are only at the AXT007 and I'm already starting to repeat myself. But how else can this utterly fantastic release be described other than gorgeous. I don't think I have to go into too much detail to explain how good this track is. So let's talk about something else: Australia.

For the third time in a row, this release is soaked with kangaroo-BBQ- Didgeridoo-goodness. Axwell and Australia has always been a match made in heaven, as many of our most favorite sets of him were played there (Summerdayze, Stereosonic) and ax also did not one, but TWO mix CD's for MOS Australia! One in 2006 together with Goodwill and later in 2010 that classic Mix compilation for MOS, "Clubbers Guide 2010 Australia" where he debuted Walk With Me.

But his love for Australia mainly reveals itself on Axtone. We've had so many Aussie talents to join the label over the years. You'd be surprised how much influence Australia has had on the label!Just go through the list: TV Rock and later Ivan Gough (one half of TV Rock), Goodwill, Feenixpawl, Hook N Sling, Luke Chable, Mind Electric, Georgi Kay, Ashton Shuffle (also Kaelyn Behr) and HOPEFULLY eventually Pauls Paris.

That's quite a massive list, and I've might even forgot one or two!

Well, now about the track itself. Surprisingly, although being a massive vocal anthem like most of the other releases, this didn't get any official remix treatment that I know of. Both the vinyl and the promo CD just include the radio, vocal and instrumental mix. To be honest, that is all I really needed.

The vocals might be one of the, if not THE, most prolific vocals from axtone still. I mean, counting all of the mashups axwell and others have made with Rudy's voice would equal a life sentence. There are infinite successful edits, with good reason. Over the years we've seen that they fit on basically every track ever, especially the axtone ones. To me, this is Rudy's best work on the label and it truly marked his massive stamp he has had and hopefully will have in the future.

Also, this release meant the start of a new direction for Axwell and maybe Bigroom house music in general. Where his past singles still had some remnants of his housier/electro days, but to me this was full on progressive. A sound that would provide us with many many classics and still does today!
Seveli13
I worship Axwell

Post by Seveli13 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:20 pm

This is how big room vocal progressive house music should sound...perfect summer anthem...so many memories with this one... :)
Halcyon
I worship Axwell

Post by Halcyon » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:23 pm

Vinelli wrote:Surprisingly, although being a massive vocal anthem like most of the other releases, this didn't get any official remix treatment that I know of.
'Cos there's no need for one.
This track my dear is among the rare ones that I cannot be fed up with with the time (top 1 would be Feel The Vibe).
I think I first heard it when Axwell played it at INOX festival in 2008, and it was a revelation.
There nothing to add more than it is one of the best Axtone release.
Seveli13 wrote:This is how big room vocal progressive house music should sound
Please, be on campaign for president of house music and I vote for you. That's so true. EDM could have been so more wisely rated by being inspired by stuff like Open Your Heart instead of shit from Avicii or being fakely trance tracks.
House5
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Denon DN-MC6000
VirtualDJ Pro

Post by House5 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:32 pm

Wasn't there a remix out there, well made but who didn't get approved ? I'm sure I heard something about this !

About the track... Well it was also a big revelation for me, one of the few tracks where I can listen to it in full, and by full I mean INTRO AND OUTRO, the sounds just amazed me when I was discovering the whole genre... OMG the sounds ! I must say I'm more of an instrumental lover than a vocal lover, so I was at heaven when I heard something as rich as this, I wish I could play this original in a club just to be able to hear the track at its best !

Btw Halcyon you and me have a lot to discuss since you're french ! I hope you won't mind :)
"You showed us, and the world, that Paris is much more than the Eiffel Tower and Mona Lisa..."
Axwell, Bercy @ Paris, Saturday, December the 8th 2012.

Luigi vs. House5...

[img]http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/3492/luigietsonombre.gif[/img]
Axachusetts
True fan
DJ Gear: Whatever a Wakandaman would use

Post by Axachusetts » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:44 pm

House5 wrote:Wasn't there a remix out there, well made but who didn't get approved ? I'm sure I heard something about this !
There was this remix released last year on CR2, not terrible, but obviously not as classic as the original.

Seriously can't wait for Rudy to have another vocal performance on Axtone. Hopefully that Ivan Gough, Jebu and NEW_ID collab with Rudy is a nice release and fits for this label!
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio

Post by Vinelli » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:55 pm

Time for AXFACTS!!!

Axtone and Breakfast design used a different artwork style for their 2008 releases, including Been A Long Time, this one and Rotterdam City Of Love (which will be next). The artworks consisted of a main logo design, that had something to do with the track it was for.

Now, something I myself discovered this year is that the logo on the Open Your Heart Vinyl is reflecting! It's the only axtone vinyl cover to have that actually and it looks gorgeous!

Seveli13
I worship Axwell

Post by Seveli13 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:47 pm

Halcyon wrote:
Please, be on campaign for president of house music and I vote for you. That's so true. EDM could have been so more wisely rated by being inspired by stuff like Open Your Heart instead of shit from Avicii or being fakely trance tracks.
Not sure if ur trolling me :D I really don't want to sound like a classic hater but i really have no love at all for that whole EDM scene...the whole dance scene was much healthier and way more beautiful back before 2011...
vysweet
I worship Axwell

Post by vysweet » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:12 pm

This is one of the best Axwell track along with "Feel The Vibe" "Heart Is King" and "I Found U" for me.

this thread gives me a goosssseeeeeebuuuummmppp Vinelli nice! 8-)

Edit: Too bad they don't collab again (Or well don't release that collab been waiting) for me Dirty South is as the same level as Axwell.
House5
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Denon DN-MC6000
VirtualDJ Pro

Post by House5 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:03 pm

It has to be somewhere !
"You showed us, and the world, that Paris is much more than the Eiffel Tower and Mona Lisa..."
Axwell, Bercy @ Paris, Saturday, December the 8th 2012.

Luigi vs. House5...

[img]http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/3492/luigietsonombre.gif[/img]
Halcyon
I worship Axwell

Post by Halcyon » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:17 pm

Seveli13 wrote:Not sure if ur trolling me :D I really don't want to sound like a classic hater but i really have no love at all for that whole EDM scene...the whole dance scene was much healthier and way more beautiful back before 2011...
I never troll. I feel the very same way as you on that.