10 Years of Axtone: Looking Back On A Decade Of Music

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
Send private message https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio

Post Vinelli23 Apr 2015, 13:14

Latest post of the previous page:

House5 wrote:I like Cam, don't burn him :( He's aussie, we all love Australians right ??
Yes yes, the aussie love is strong in this thread!
Vinelli
I worship Axwell

Post Vinelli23 Apr 2015, 14:12

AXT011 The First Rebirth

Sooo..The First Rebirth. The first thing to notice is that this is the very first Axtone release without Axwell involved, which is weird if you look at the track.

Because despite Axwell´s absence, in a sense, ´The First Rebirth´ is an incredibly iconic Axtone track we still compare a lot of axtone release with today I think. Whether we know it or don´t. Just press play on the link below..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0YxPUtP7O4

Let´s start of with Jens his absolutely gorgeous cover. This artwork is pretty much what we affiliate Axtone artwork in general with these days: A mysterious, slightly sci-fi space themed mixture of deep purple and bright pink. A true delight to the eye. This specific theme still finds it's way into many of our favorite Axtone artworks as of today, and has become quite characteristic over time!

So now let's move on to the track itself. It got released in mayish I think, almost 6 years ago. But the track still holds up perfectly fine. The general sound is so ahead of it's time, that it could have been easily released today without sounding dated. In fact, I think a lot of Axtone releases that followed inherited from 'The First Rebirth' in a lot of ways. Just look at 'Solar' for instance, or 'Feel The Pressure', 'Blow Up', 'Raise Your Hands'... That mixture of the Sasha/digweed 2000's progressive trance era, with the groove side of house music still flows true the core sound of Axtone today, if you ask me.

Ofcourse, Leave The World Behind set the absolute tone for this in a technical way (for instance, LTWB risers are still seen today in most releases!). But where Leave The World Behind still was a house record at it's roots, I think 'The First Rebirth' was the first release on Axtone that actually dove fully in that progressive spectrum. You don't have to agree on this, but this is how I've always felt about this period personally :).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9MxYlV3RrY

So with the addition of Dabruck & Klein (once again :P) on the remix, this release became 100% german in every sense of the word. They must have known the original sample on Bonsai Records well, because this remix is more of an adaptation on the origin of the record, than on the record they were remixing in the first place. Never the less, I never really felt their remixes that much with the exception of this one. They again used some electro-house influences, but used them more subtly this time. Their main goal was to bring that delicious break melody back into the mix and they did good!

So yeah, maybe The First Rebirth didn't arrive guns blazing like The Axwell singles, and might therefor slipped more under the radar even with the 2009 Axtone community (the original 'The First Rebirth'-thread only has 8 pages!). But if you ask me, this track released deserved better! As I said before, it became a poster boy for a lot of followups records on Axtone and it's durability has been proven by the many many many bootlegs and edits that were made out of this and are still played out today!

So let's celebrate it now, with da luv it should have gotten 6 years ago :mrgreen:
Halcyon
I worship Axwell

Post Halcyon23 Apr 2015, 14:48

Not so much to tell about this one.
Not so much history or facts for me, just I enjoy the Dabruck & Klein remix.
One thing that I compare with Pryda Friends, is that Axtone brought a lot of artists from this point, and maybe too many directions, that maybe don't have the same power of an Axwell tune.
So obviously it is nice to see not only Axwell works on this label, but maybe the artists or the tracks should habe been chosen more closely as the Axwell sounds, like Jeremy Olander or Ferhplay on Pryda, they fit perfectly with the style of Prydz (maybe too much, sometimes it's hard to tell who was the inluence).
I'll have to wait until AXT013 to be hyped again.
House5 Online
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Denon DN-MC6000
VirtualDJ Pro

Post House5 Online23 Apr 2015, 15:03

When I discovered this one I was not mature enough to feel it. Now I am mature enough, and I must say those breakdowns are the shit ! One day I'll drop the DVLM remix of LTWB just to hear this breakdown on a proper sound system !
"You showed us, and the world, that Paris is much more than the Eiffel Tower and Mona Lisa..."
Axwell, Bercy @ Paris, Saturday, December the 8th 2012.

Luigi vs. House5...
WakandaMan
Axwell lover
DJ Gear: No manee elektristee in meh villaj

Post WakandaMan23 Apr 2015, 15:10

WAKANDA REE-TRON --- Justin Tim guys. FIRS - N-E buddy hoo havn yest giv “proops’ to VanillaFace 4 dis Tred pls do. Dwahala!!! Him bacon CyclopsPitabred His-Tree of we bayluvd Ax’s Tones, if yuh lissen finna b eggs-parts on de Ax’sFachewalls. Iza SMATA man lik ARMPITER SWYT becuz dis Tred boi, seen?

N-e ways guys. Storee tim: Wakanda gwa TREK to Marrakesh – mor “sitee) den Sahara Desserts lik meh Kuntree, allmos lik Mamibitch. Meh galavand wif de CAMUL, hoo slo-wey-don cuz him beh FAT (yuh see wat I did der guys!?] Not bwas fa as Camelhiney doe. Dis bak in TOO TOWZENS NIN – grat yeer 4r Ax’s Tones. B dis cloob in Marrakesh wer I heer tones n beets firs tim EVA guys – we no hav lappytops or raydos in we teepees dis tim so we neva “FEL DA FIBERS”, yuh seen guys? No b ‘’’Boobtoob’ oder Twat –bu-rada storee beh fiia und yoodelin ;).

In Marrakesh – dis speshul toons cam on wen we b LIMIN at de cloob. FIRS REBIRF – Deniz Kuyo de Mans an Big Gurl, or as Yaloondo cal heem – Mark Is Shows’Off Him BigAppel. WA WA WEE WOW guys. Wen yuh heer da yunifurs SPININ for dis Brakedon. Götze say guys – bringen dese feels bak to Pupo triib nd we mak RANE DANS and shawa dee Ubuntu wif teers aftawords (de onlee traks dey heer b4 from DISKO FLUFFI YERS el-o-el lame-o rafael). Denis Kuyo de Mans b da rel em-vipi frm Jermy, seen? 10Q mista Semen Jingybeer for sine dis rekord to Ax’s Tones. Iz woof weyyy mor den a PAR OF DIIMS (AGIN GUYS!?]

Ma-b grata traks guys, but dis was ‘SUM-TING NU (icwa BE-LONGSCHWANZ ta ! For meh trib alees. Wen I heer dis trak afta lissen to ppls like MAJIK, Hardweed, Davis Getto, Tittieso, Martian Garbij, Dimi Vegan DikeMik (butt Dimi Vagisil Wee-man b OKIE), Stevens A-Okay {yari, no bwa OKIEİ} – I # TINKABOUT –hayobe Dickee Archman!- manee tings, butt mosley da KWALTEE stansout : a REBIRF of musiks , fulla HARTSOL. All so #tinkabout coberart hav TIN DEFRIEND TIPE (Vanillaface tak noot for Ax’sFachewalls] De remixture beh Brick & Clean is okie dokie ]wudden mine a “Pork & Fish” remixture![ :/: VIRGINAL iz GOL. GOL lik metul, GOL lik Ozul. Bess injoe dis pork-recip toon trinken blud wiin & feestin BORA TI !

BULAA BULAA – hans in dear b-cwa dis won I CHEWS-IT aswon of de FAVRIT AX’s TONES EVA! Meeen underrawd, n off-tin fekitten! Fel lik in OUTSI SPAS lik Brakfist guys in tent! Sad-fase cuz weh neva heer dem agin : ( ma-b IF DE WURL WER DEFRIEND lik in BABILON (İİİİİİİ!!!!!!)….but feer not Ax’s frens! 10 yers Ax’s Tones nxt monf b PROMISSIN..

Kiwik Wakanda up-day too:: I hav deevors tree meh wiifs (toomane poofs), odda husban kittynap beh Tawadi triib (copl nu Bad Jons frm KenYAA, de nu Ubuntu if yuh well. Onlee Won wiif lef butt I steel Happe! I cook fo she and wez in LUV < =3 if yuh fallo meh [Wakandacoverman} on Snippychitchat yuh kwa “kep up wif Wakandasheea” : 3

Kiwik halo to budda : NIK ( , laek] KUPKAKE– Eddwar- BakeaMan- Semen- JamsStanes alls frm Ax’s Tones, Brakfist guy Jenius, an all de best Ax’s Tones hisselv. 10Q POTTY PPLZ!!!!

Ma-b yuh heer frm meh son agin hop fully : 3 TINTIN
Image[meh n beh]]

SpoilerShow
SPOILER:
I AM GAZLIND
Vinelli
I worship Axwell

Post Vinelli24 Apr 2015, 16:15

nothing more to add :lol: :lol: (we need a translator up in heeeeree, haha)

edit:

maybe I do have a little something to add! This is the original "The First Rebirth"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqIHVJX8HRU

:idea: Also, did you know that The First Rebirth cover is the only cover within the axtone template doesn't bare the font we all know and luv? :o It doesn't! Go ahead and look!
Last edited by Vinelli on 26 Apr 2015, 08:12, edited 1 time in total.
Vinelli
I worship Axwell

Post Vinelli26 Apr 2015, 08:06

AXT012 Axtone Acapellas Vol. 1

So this is release without music, but with a lot of history for you guys I think. There are a lot of producers, bootleggers and mixers who used the heck out of this when it came out, and STILL do! I myself have thankfully worked the Open Your Heart acapella on numerous occasions for instance, it seems to fit on everything!
Last edited by Vinelli on 26 Apr 2015, 08:21, edited 1 time in total.
Vinelli
I worship Axwell

Post Vinelli26 Apr 2015, 18:42

AXT013 Walk With Me

So we are in 2010 now, a year many of us current Axtone fanatics see as an absolute golden
year of the label, and for dance music in general. The year kicked off with ´Walk With Me´,
an absolute monster package from British duo Prok & Fitch, in their Nanchang Nancy alias.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwwR1JXzXvc

So I've got to be honest in saying I only discovered how absolutely brilliant this original is in 2013.
Naturally, the Axwell vs. Daddy's Groove took the glory again, so it's quite easy for this
soulful gem to go unnoticed for some.Better late than never! I absolutely adore it now,
it's so different from the remixes.
One of the classiest and most housiest tracks in Axtone's history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja4l8l-s7w0

So this is my absolute favorite version of the record. Daddy's Groove absolutely outdid themselves with this remix, and although the duo has so much more delight to Axtone, this is my favorite production of them by far. I heard this is on Axwell's CD for MOS Clubbers Guide 2010 and I was absolutely blown away. I was shocked to find that Axwell actually joined this release and made a re-edit of it, released as the Axwell vs. Daddy's Groove remix. A nice remix for sure, but since I wanted this version so badly, I simply listened to the short MOS rip for years untill I finally bought the full thing via iTunes only a year ago! Gorgeous gorgeous remix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLZ1yJN0qHg

So this was the version that conquered the planet at the time. It's Axwell's re-edit of the remix above, that eventually became a full on vs. thing. I think it means that Axtone added so much to the remix, both parts weighed equally in the equation, but without an actual collaboration taking place. Well whatever the deal is, it's a another awesome version to this great diverse package.
Last edited by Vinelli on 26 Apr 2015, 18:51, edited 1 time in total.
Hardsoul
Administrator
Send private message axwellforum axwellforum

Post Hardsoul26 Apr 2015, 18:47

Daddy's Groove remix is absolutely georgeous! And also this Artwork is something, something special. Looking good on vinyl cover!
Turn off your brain and turn on your heart!
makateller
I worship Axwell

Post makateller26 Apr 2015, 18:49

Vinelli wrote:AXT013 Walk With Me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLZ1yJN0qHg

So this was the version that conquered the planet at the time. It's Axwell's re-edit of the remix above, that eventually became a full on vs. thing. I think it means that Axtone added so much to the remix, both parts weighed equally in the equation, but without an actual collaboration taking place. Well whatever the deal is, it's a another awesome version to this great diverse package.
nice review vinelli. that was the one of my favorite in axtone releases. i remember the goose bumps when i hear this pure piano sound at the first time. 5 years later, i still feel the same feeling.

and that artwork... awesome.
Vinelli
I worship Axwell

Post Vinelli26 Apr 2015, 18:54

Yeah, does anyone what city is on the cover?