10 Years of Axtone: Looking Back On A Decade Of Music

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
Didas
I worship Axwell

Post Didas29 Apr 2015, 22:04

Latest post of the previous page:

I vote this thread for 'sticky'

all time favorite for any Ax/Axtone fan to know about this label or some of Ax.
"When I'm making music I try to create something that is different... something that makes my ears happy.."
Seveli13
I worship Axwell

Post Seveli1329 Apr 2015, 22:53

Didas wrote:I vote this thread for 'sticky'

all time favorite for any Ax/Axtone fan to know about this label or some of Ax.
+111
Axachusetts
True fan
DJ Gear: Whatever a Wakandaman would use

Post Axachusetts30 Apr 2015, 16:06

Absolutely love this track (as you can tell by the avatar haha)...Ax was awesome to give away the Copenhagen mix, wish he gifted a few more tracks like that nowadays!
The remode w/ Henrik is perhaps my favorite BIG sound Ax track ever, and the cover art is really cool - I love the griminess of that alleyway haha, we need more grime to the artwork IMO!

Also agree with the sticky thread comment. This is a legit, well-done, thorough history of the label that should be viewed by any newcomers. The Resurrection vs. Together thread had its run as a sticky thread, now it's this one's turn :P
Supermode
I worship Axwell

Post Supermode01 May 2015, 10:27

From an interview with Jens, about the process behind the artwork:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Seems I can’t deny some days just pass me by, you know I feel, I feel much better… At Night!
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
Send private message https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio

Post Vinelli01 May 2015, 10:48

That is MARVELOUS!!! Awesome supermode! Never knew that :).

As long as we are on the Lux&Lune topic, we totally forgot about their cover for Leave The World Behind!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeCd_rIN-9Q

Additional backup vocals by Tong naturally
olivierM
I worship Axwell

Post olivierM01 May 2015, 12:17

Supermode wrote:From an interview with Jens, about the process behind the artwork:
I would like to know the creative process for all the artworks now !!
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
Send private message https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio

Post Vinelli05 May 2015, 20:15

AXT015 Nothing But Love

It's summer of 2010, almost 5 years ago. Birds are chirping, the sun is shining and Axwell unleashes an EP that defines his solo career. Nothing But Love is without a doubt an absolute classic amongst classics, and surely loved deeply by anyone who considers themselves a fan of mr. Hedfors.

The release is one of the biggest of Axtone's history...literally! It was spread out over three seperate EP's with an arsenal of alternative mixes from Axwell himself and others. On the initial EP, Ax released the o so beloved classic mix, and in good fashion, a fantastic remode.

Let's start with those today!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLUL0w-t61U

What is there to say about this even? I just really really love this record.

This mix in particular has something really special about it. I'm afraid it's impossible to explain how I feel about this record without sounding like a complete fanboy, but I simply can't deny how special this track is to me. There is something about it that never wears off. That moment the break begins, is a moment of magic. Errol's vocals are so on point, and although there is an absolute whirlwind of things going on in the track, his lines just hit perfectly. The weird thing about this track is, that although there is a lot going on, and the vocals and general sounds are very big, the track still feels incredibly gentle and mellow somehow, which is maybe it's biggest strength.

I think the core of what I'm trying to say is, is that I cannot listen to this track without getting completely dragged in, time and time again, regardless of the weather, the season, time or place. One would say that's a key element for something you would call a timeless record. Well, this Classic Mix absolutely is to me. Nothing but absolute love for one of my favorite Axwell productions to date!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh7cd2cWYUE

The question wasn't if there was going to be a Remode, but how it would sound like. With a single like this, Axwell again felt inspired to do something cool with his own original. This time was no different! Where the Classic Mix had that magical blend of anthem and song, Axwell focused on the anthem part as always to emotion into weapon. However, this Remode lays surprisingly close to the original. One would even go as far as calling this an alternative mix, rather than the usual Axwell Remode. However, when that huge "In The Air"esque bassline hits, it's clear that this track was made to sweep crowds and crowds of people off their feet. Absolutely massive massive remode.

Feel The Vibe will always have that #1 spot in my heart, because it was one of the first, if not the first house record I've ever heard and it was the track that help to spark my general interest in dance music I'm still pursuing almost 10 years later. BUT, Nothing But Love is so so special to me as well. It's really high up my list of all time favorite dance records, and music in general really.

Although I make this lookback today, this is a release that we probably all look back to a lot ourselves. You can always debate about how much you like this single, what might be better possibly. But regardless of those tastes, I think I can safely say that Nothing But Love is the most iconic Axwell single he has ever done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHhUmRE2YOo
Last edited by Vinelli on 05 May 2015, 20:36, edited 1 time in total.
Seveli13
I worship Axwell

Post Seveli1305 May 2015, 20:35

Absolutely fantastic review Vinelli...Classic Mix and Remode are my favorites in this release...every time i listen to Remode i remember Masquerade Motel in Ibiza 2010, their fantastic Creamfields set that same year, and their massive Halloween Tour in Miami and Vegas...and i agree...this could be the most Axwell-ish track he has ever made... :)
House5
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Denon DN-MC6000
VirtualDJ Pro

Post House505 May 2015, 21:16

I watched the trailer from its upload until the release on Beatport, MY FIRST BEATPORT ORDER, and what an order it was ! This track means a lot to me as well, classy Classic Mix but I'm more into pumping things for my sets so the Remode was a track I used to blast like crazy !

But the most interesting part will be the 2nd EP
"You showed us, and the world, that Paris is much more than the Eiffel Tower and Mona Lisa..."
Axwell, Bercy @ Paris, Saturday, December the 8th 2012.

Luigi vs. House5...
VeljkoDujakovic
I worship Axwell

Post VeljkoDujakovic05 May 2015, 21:38

goosebumps just by hearing the intro of the classic mix...
Halcyon
I worship Axwell

Post Halcyon05 May 2015, 21:52

So no word about this ? I'm sorry, but it is the history of the track, no fan can't deny what happened to the track :

http://www10.zippyshare.com/v/hwYtNu9M/file.html

First version ever to be played by Axwell back in 2008. I don't care what you'll think about me, but I especially wanted that version only to be released one day. Because it was different. Because there were those drums that sounded Pop, this Eurhythmics-like riff that sounded retro but modern as it was brought by Axwell. Becuase of the break that was amazingly done, both the piano and the tribute to Open Your Heart with the same preset from the Massive VST. And Erroll Reid the master, on the second track he made with Axwell.

And then, we learned that the riff was sold to Bob Sinclar, and became this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gb9hS1tLnk

Second and maybe the biggest mistake ever from Axwell to me.
Seriously, no need to talk about that track, how lame it is and how the vocalist is lamer.
Plus, what was the purpose of selling a riff for another production, if Nothing But Love was planned to be released in 2010 ?
Something I will never understand. Classic Mix released on Axtone isn't so much a consolation.

FUN FACT : chords of Nothing but Love are exactly the same as the remix of Average White Band. Try it on Virtual Dj. Play with the pitch. Bring us your own mashups !