10 Years of Axtone: Looking Back On A Decade Of Music

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
MaxBisi
I worship Axwell

Post MaxBisi07 May 2015, 02:08

Latest post of the previous page:

Halcyon wrote:
Vinelli wrote:I think this is widely known, but if you don't, get ready for a big shock! 'Nothing But Love' was supposed to the lead single for Axwell's 2010 artist album
In 2015 in this very forum, this quote is called the best joke ever.
And what the fuck came in between an Axwell solo artist album? SWEDISH FUCKING HOUSE MAFIA! I'm honest - I would trade every single Swedish House Mafia track for an Axwell solo album (thank god LTWB was before the name came up) - who thinks the same?
#bringthegrooveback
camheine
I worship Axwell

Post camheine07 May 2015, 03:23

MaxBisi wrote:
Halcyon wrote:
Vinelli wrote:I think this is widely known, but if you don't, get ready for a big shock! 'Nothing But Love' was supposed to the lead single for Axwell's 2010 artist album
In 2015 in this very forum, this quote is called the best joke ever.
And what the fuck came in between an Axwell solo artist album? SWEDISH FUCKING HOUSE MAFIA! I'm honest - I would trade every single Swedish House Mafia track for an Axwell solo album (thank god LTWB was before the name came up) - who thinks the same?
I would trade every SHM track for just Think About it, I know Axwell wouldn't though
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music."
Seveli13
I worship Axwell

Post Seveli1307 May 2015, 08:44

MaxBisi wrote: And what the fuck came in between an Axwell solo artist album? SWEDISH FUCKING HOUSE MAFIA! I'm honest - I would trade every single Swedish House Mafia track for an Axwell solo album (thank god LTWB was before the name came up) - who thinks the same?
Well i still very much love One, Miami 2 Ibiza and Greyhound...but yeah...if i knew in 2010 what they would become, i would have cheered for the breakup right in the early of 2011 when they started with all that commercial SHM shit...
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
Send private message https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio

Post Vinelli07 May 2015, 16:51

AXT015X Nothing But Love (TV Rock Remix)

Don't you just love the artwork for this release? The 3D model of Axwell's logo is simply a delight to behold, especially due to that lever LED design. Gotta give massive props to Jens. Nowadays, most remix ep's on other labels tend to just get a one click other color tone, without paying respect to the details in the original artwork. This is something Breakfast Design doesn't stand for, and we've seen the followup EP's to get a nice rework to properly accompany the remixes (COTU (Blinders), Starlight, AAM Chocolate Puma ect ect). This is my favorite example of Breakfast/Axtone their eye for quality covers.

The original release with the iconic red heart, was followed with that gorgeous soft blue release in August. Another month later, TV Rock's remix formed the third and final chapter of Nothing But Love, and Jens really outdid himself on the artwork. TV Rock meant to bring some electro into this release, to diversify the song a little. To accompany this harder version, Breakfast Design created a destroyed beauty model of the LED Heart. The result speaks for itself really.

As for the actual track, it's obviously a lot harsher than the polished Axwell remixes, and probably made for a club environment. What I like about it, is definitely the way they mashed the breaks from multiple versions into one, and that cheeky In The Air bassline in the build. This was the last release from TV Rock and it concludes a massive trajectory of involvement from Ivan & Grant as a duo for the label. I cannot stress enough of how much amazing music these guys together have brought to the label, both directly as indirectly being remixed.

Nothing but absolute respect (and luv :) ) for these guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I58w24Tk-Bw
House5 Online
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Denon DN-MC6000
VirtualDJ Pro

Post House5 Online07 May 2015, 19:24

More words about the cover than the remix itself hahaah
"You showed us, and the world, that Paris is much more than the Eiffel Tower and Mona Lisa..."
Axwell, Bercy @ Paris, Saturday, December the 8th 2012.

Luigi vs. House5...
Didas
I worship Axwell

Post Didas08 May 2015, 10:49

For the love of God BFD can you make more artworks like these?
Oh wait only when a axwell single comes back again he he
"When I'm making music I try to create something that is different... something that makes my ears happy.."
Vinelli
I worship Axwell

Post Vinelli08 May 2015, 11:43

Didas wrote:For the love of God BFD can you make more artworks like these?
Oh wait only when a axwell single comes back again he he
haha, I surely wouldn't complain to see that big upside down heart again :mrgreen: . Although it has to be said that the artwork for his COTU single is phenomenal also
Hardsoul
Administrator
Send private message axwellforum axwellforum

Post Hardsoul08 May 2015, 12:44

Wait for TAI artwork, that will be fenomenal! Btw Diogo do you remember your deal with Jens and TAI, right? If he delivers TAI artwork, cake for Jens, hahaha!
Turn off your brain and turn on your heart!
Didas
I worship Axwell

Post Didas08 May 2015, 15:47

Hardsoul wrote:Wait for TAI artwork, that will be fenomenal! Btw Diogo do you remember your deal with Jens and TAI, right? If he delivers TAI artwork, cake for Jens, hahaha!
Best cake ever. Hahahah
"When I'm making music I try to create something that is different... something that makes my ears happy.."
Vinelli
I worship Axwell

Post Vinelli09 May 2015, 15:46

AXTCD001 Axwell presents 'AXTONE VOLUME ONE'

So we would almost be leaving 2010 without addressing this beauty: the very first compilation axtone ever did. Just one look at the tracklist, and it's not hard to understand that his cd is a must in the playlist of any axtone fan. Axwell took it upon himself to gather a collection of axtone's ever growing catalog, take out the very best, and blend them in one hour of fantastic history. Instead of simply mixing the tracks one by one, Axwell brought some creativty along with compiling the bundle, with a lot of fantastic edits as the result.

1. TV Rock ft Rudy ‘In the Air’ (Axwell Remix)
2. David Tort ‘Something ‘bout You’
3. Prok & Fitch pres. Nanchang Nancy ‘Walk With Me’ (Axwell vs Daddy’s Groove Remix)
4. Adrian Lux ‘Teenage Crime’ (Axwell & Henrik B Remode)
5. Axwell ft Steve Edwards ‘Watch The Sunrise’ (Extended Vocal & Axwell Remode)
6. Axwell ft Max’C - ‘I Found U’ (Dubfire’s Summer Of Luv Remix & Vocal Remode)
7. Abel Ramos & Miss Melody ‘Rotterdam City Of Love’ (Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike Remix & Axwell Re-edit)
8. Axwell & Dirty South ‘Open Your Heart’
9. Dirty South ft Rudy ‘Let It Go’ (Axwell Remix & Original)
10. TV Rock ft Rudy ‘Been A Long time’ (Laidback Luke Remix & Axwell Remode)
11. Denis The Menace & Big World ‘The First Rebirth’ (Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike Remix) & Axwell/Ingrosso/Angello/Laidback Luke ft Deborah Cox ‘Leave The World Behind’
12. Axwell ‘Submariner’
13. Axwell ‘Feel The Vibe’
14. Axwell & Sebastian Ingrosso Vs Salem Al Fakir ‘It’s True’
15. Axwell & Sebastian Ingrosso – Together (Original & Remode)

From every release that we've talked about these last few weeks, Axwell picked at least one version to be featured for this look back (With the exception of Nothing But Love, which came out later than this comp!). However, you might spot one unfamiliar track title in the tracklist. David Tort's 'Something ‘bout You', was a demo version for the actual release 'One Look' a few months later in 2011.

There is one last sad AXFACT I want to share with you. It's an axfact that has already been shared at Nothing But Love, but for the sake of looking back.

Someday, someday. Well anyways, this is one of my favorite compilations to put on and it's a pleasure listening every time. Fantastic mixing, fantastic edits and of course fantastic music :mrgreen: . Still secretly hoping for a volume two in the style of this volume one, but unfortunately that's very much in the wishful thinking zone right now.

But you never know!
Halcyon
I worship Axwell

Post Halcyon09 May 2015, 16:53

Maybe off-topic, though the picture above has the same issue, but what about this thing we did some years ago when the team from Axwell staff wanted the fans to ask all the questions we wanted, so that one day Axwell would answer it ?

Did anyone get any answer to that ?

Mine was about the release date of the album.
Yeah, sometimes I feel so deserted #ChemicalBrothers.