10 Years of Axtone: Looking Back On A Decade Of Music

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
Hardsoul
Administrator
Send private message axwellforum axwellforum

Post Hardsoul15 Nov 2015, 11:55

Latest post of the previous page:

A little bit with I can contribute...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Turn off your brain and turn on your heart!
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
Send private message https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio

Post Vinelli17 Nov 2015, 08:17

Hardsoul wrote:A little bit with I can contribute...
I keep forgetting that it's white! Looks so good actually..maybe I should pock it up one day :!:
Vinelli
I worship Axwell

Post Vinelli12 Dec 2015, 09:57

AXT028 Miike Snow - The Wave (Thomas Gold Remix)

With the release of the new material on Axtone Ten, it might be nice to look back on the final release of the last compilation to hit beatport. After the sampler, there was still this huge remix floating around from Axtone presents Thomas Gold. It was a remix by Thomas himself for Miike Snow, a name not unfamiliar with getting the occasional dance remix treatment now and then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB5g02ezUKU

The rythem Thomas used is quite unique and a little fanfare like again. It did take some time for me to like it, but now in 2015 I can honestly say it's pretty damn awesome. There is something about his 2012 output that just get's better over time I guess.

Another well made remix from the german and a nice way to end the compilation with!
Dhikhej
I worship Axwell

Post Dhikhej12 Dec 2015, 13:55

Vinelli wrote:AXT028 Miike Snow - The Wave (Thomas Gold Remix)

With the release of the new material on Axtone Ten, it might be nice to look back on the final release of the last compilation to hit beatport. After the sampler, there was still this huge remix floating around from Axtone presents Thomas Gold. It was a remix by Thomas himself for Miike Snow, a name not unfamiliar with getting the occasional dance remix treatment now and then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB5g02ezUKU

The rythem Thomas used is quite unique and a little fanfare like again. It did take some time for me to like it, but now in 2015 I can honestly say it's pretty damn awesome. There is something about his 2012 output that just get's better over time I guess.

Another well made remix from the german and a nice way to end the compilation with!
The song that got me into the house music :) Great memories!
House5
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Denon DN-MC6000
VirtualDJ Pro

Post House512 Dec 2015, 14:09

That fucking remix, Thomas Gold was stepping up his game like hell at that time, I must say dem drums really fascinated me and give a whole new dimension to the spirit of the chorus!
"You showed us, and the world, that Paris is much more than the Eiffel Tower and Mona Lisa..."
Axwell, Bercy @ Paris, Saturday, December the 8th 2012.

Luigi vs. House5...
Seveli13
I worship Axwell

Post Seveli1312 Dec 2015, 15:25

Dhikhej wrote: The song that got me into the house music :) Great memories!
Lol, and it's barely House Music...no wonder most of this forum likes Shapov and stuff like that...back to the point, solid track for Axtone...the break still makes that Masquerade Motel magic, very nice... ;)
Dhikhej
I worship Axwell

Post Dhikhej12 Dec 2015, 18:09

Seveli13 wrote:
Lol, and it's barely House Music...no wonder most of this forum likes Shapov and stuff like that...back to the point, solid track for Axtone...the break still makes that Masquerade Motel magic, very nice... ;)
Well it's definitely more "house" than the stuff I used to listen to before that.
Vinelli
I worship Axwell

Post Vinelli12 Dec 2015, 22:21

Seveli13 wrote:
Depends what you think is house music. Its all very relative you know. Some folk look at Together as a more mainstream result of the 2000 trance era, and Sasha/digweed/leftfield their progressive twist on it. Some people see mambana as one of the many weird funky latin tracks, some scenes see ect ect ect. Isn't house is a feeling, not bound by time?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
julitoco
True fan

Post julitoco13 Dec 2015, 01:28

Dhikhej wrote:
Seveli13 wrote:
Well it's definitely more "house" than the stuff I used to listen to before that.
And DEFINITELY more "music" than the stuff he is releasing nowadays :D
Seveli13
I worship Axwell

Post Seveli1313 Dec 2015, 02:36

Vinelli wrote: Depends what you think is house music. Its all very relative you know. Some folk look at Together as a more mainstream result of the 2000 trance era, and Sasha/digweed/leftfield their progressive twist on it. Some people see mambana as one of the many weird funky latin tracks, some scenes see ect ect ect. Isn't house is a feeling, not bound by time?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I agree, but most stuff after 2010 just don't have that Housey vibe, they are made for for big festivals and sound way more Popy, and don't give me all that some scenes see this, some scenes see that...i know u know what i mean... :lol: ;)
Vinelli
I worship Axwell

Post Vinelli30 Dec 2015, 14:19

I say, let's continue the lookback till Axtone's anniversary year ends in may next year. There is still sooo much to tell :mrgreen: