10 Years of Axtone: Looking Back On A Decade Of Music

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
Vinelli Send private message
I worship Axwell
https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio

Post by Vinelli » 30 Dec 2015, 14:19

Latest post of the previous page:

I say, let's continue the lookback till Axtone's anniversary year ends in may next year. There is still sooo much to tell :mrgreen:
I worship Axwell

Post by Vinelli » 05 Jan 2016, 12:32

AXT029 Hard Rock Sofa & Swanky Tunes - Here We Go

So 2015 just ended, but Axtone is still 10 till May! So like I said, I think it's a cool idea to continue this series until the very last day of their anniversary :mrgreen: . A fitting track title to start this year off, is ofcourse Hard Rock Sofa's and Swanky Tune their collaboration 'Here We Go'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlVJwlMTrqA

So this release marks the hat-trick for Hard Rock Sofa and the debut of Swanky Tunes. Russian producers had this, as Axtone put it themselves, 'oversized' big room sound that really felt fresh at the time. Arty, Hard Rock Sofa & Swanky Tunes were becoming names often found back in track list by Axwell and SHM. Where Swanky Tunes never returned to the label, Hard Rock Sofa grew on to become a rare Axtone artist signing (now in the form of Shapov).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYebxVetouc

Granted, I wasn't the biggest fan of this track when it came out, but looking back now I can definitely make more sense out of this release. It bares the same kind of energetic flow these current day Shapov tracks have. In fact, you can really hear his influence on his tracks when you know how his individual output sounds. I can't imagine what it must have sounded like hearing this monster live.

A tiny AXFACT might be that this track was featured in the movie 'Fast & Furious 6', alongside Quasar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0sUxE1wpAM
Extensity Send private message
I worship Axwell

Post by Extensity » 05 Jan 2016, 13:38

I have been reading these posts even before I got to the forum and it's always nice to get back to some tracks or discover some unknown (to me) remixes. As I finally became a forum member, I just want to thank you Vinelli for finding some time to update this thread ;)
"For the love of god, can you say INSERT, woman!"
House5 Send private message
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Denon DN-MC6000
VirtualDJ Pro

Post by House5 » 05 Jan 2016, 13:55

Here We Go was a key track of Swedish House Mafia's One Last Tour (mashed with Resurrection and Together!), so I got to hear it live in Paris, it's a freaking beast, no wonder why Axwell signed it!

Hard Rock Sofa has become a really interesting act when Quasar got signed, before that they were good but not extraordinary I think, so Shapov & Denis owe a lot to Axwell
"You showed us, and the world, that Paris is much more than the Eiffel Tower and Mona Lisa..."
Axwell, Bercy @ Paris, Saturday, December the 8th 2012.

Luigi vs. House5...
Seveli13 Send private message
I worship Axwell

Post by Seveli13 » 05 Jan 2016, 15:33

This track is not that special...just another Big Room ''banger'' that started to get more popular at the time which eventually would lead to that Martin Garrix wave...this could've easily been a Spinnin' tune and no one would notice the difference...but because it's Axtone and SHM played it endlessly for a full year, literally every show, it's so ''fresh at the time''... :lol: Not every Axtone track is great...little objectivism would not hurt u guys... ;)
Ax:O Send private message
I worship Axwell

Post by Ax:O » 05 Jan 2016, 15:36

Seveli13 wrote:This track is not that special...just another Big Room ''banger'' that started to get more popular at the time which eventually would lead to that Martin Garrix wave...this could've easily been a Spinnin' tune and no one would notice the difference...but because it's Axtone and SHM played it endlessly for a full year, literally every show, it's so ''fresh at the time''... :lol: Not every Axtone track is great...little objectivism would not hurt u guys... ;)
I agree
I worship Axwell

Post by Vinelli » 05 Jan 2016, 15:43

Not sure where this is aimed at? I simply said it was fresh at the time, as it WAS a new sound 100 percent. If the track is good or not, is for yourself to judge
I worship Axwell
VirtualDJ Pro

Post by House5 » 05 Jan 2016, 15:45

Seveli13 wrote:Not every Axtone track is great...little objectivism would not hurt u guys
So basically because some people happen to like tunes you don't like, they're not objective ?

You can't really be objective about well produced music, you either like it or you don't. And YES it's well produced

It's just not really made for home listening, but live you can definitely see why this was popular. And true it was fresh, meaning that there was not so many tracks like this before
"You showed us, and the world, that Paris is much more than the Eiffel Tower and Mona Lisa..."

Luigi vs. House5...
I worship Axwell

Post by Seveli13 » 05 Jan 2016, 16:15

House5 wrote:
So basically because some people happen to like tunes you don't like, they're not objective ?

You can't really be objective about well produced music, you either like it or you don't. And YES it's well produced

It's just not really made for home listening, but live you can definitely see why this was popular. And true it was fresh, meaning that there was not so many tracks like this before
@Vinelli Not at u man...it's just nothing special by Axtone standards...and for HOUSE5, by that logic Animals is the freshest track that has come in the last 3 , 3 and a half years...it started a whole new wave of ''music'' that rarely any track did (that much i mean)...and the same can be said for u man, just because u live every single crap Axwell and Axtone deliver that everyone must like it, it's going round in circles man :lol: And i didn't say it was bad produces, just that is nothing special and definitely hasn't got that Axtone vibe... ;)
I worship Axwell
VirtualDJ Pro

Post by House5 » 05 Jan 2016, 16:44

No no I said you either like it or you don't, so you have the right not to like it man it's alright, I don't judge hahaha! I never said you have to like it

Btw, Axtone standards are TREND + PRODUCTION QUALITY, something that Here We Go definitely had back then (Trend I mean, prod quality is still here), something that Shapov tracks also have even though we may not like all of them, something that Torn Apart has as well...

Axtone standards are not restricted to 1 kind of electronic music anymore and this is just the best thing that can happen to a label, being wide open-minded! So the Axtone vibe as you say is not restricted to this anymore :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwtLiTRb5s4

Luigi vs. House5...
I worship Axwell

Post by Seveli13 » 05 Jan 2016, 17:06

House5 wrote:
Btw, Axtone standards are TREND + PRODUCTION QUALITY, something that Here We Go definitely had back then (Trend I mean, prod quality is still here), something that Shapov tracks also have even though we may not like all of them, something that Torn Apart has as well...

Axtone standards are not restricted to 1 kind of electronic music anymore and this is just the best thing that can happen to a label, being wide open-minded! So the Axtone vibe as you say is not restricted to this anymore :
The fact u think Axtone standards are following trends and Shapov fits very nicely with that just speaks more loudly than anything else i can say :lol:
And they were never restricted to one kind of electronic music, it was just Ax's and his friends place to release some music from time to time, no money, no marketing, no trying to compete with other labels...just pure love for the music...that's the real Axtone and House vibe, and i can only say i feel sorry for u cuz' u probably never experienced those times...cheers mate, healthy talk... ;)