10 Years of Axtone: Looking Back On A Decade Of Music

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
Seveli13
I worship Axwell

Post Seveli1305 Jan 2016, 17:06

Latest post of the previous page:

House5 wrote:
Btw, Axtone standards are TREND + PRODUCTION QUALITY, something that Here We Go definitely had back then (Trend I mean, prod quality is still here), something that Shapov tracks also have even though we may not like all of them, something that Torn Apart has as well...

Axtone standards are not restricted to 1 kind of electronic music anymore and this is just the best thing that can happen to a label, being wide open-minded! So the Axtone vibe as you say is not restricted to this anymore :
The fact u think Axtone standards are following trends and Shapov fits very nicely with that just speaks more loudly than anything else i can say :lol:
And they were never restricted to one kind of electronic music, it was just Ax's and his friends place to release some music from time to time, no money, no marketing, no trying to compete with other labels...just pure love for the music...that's the real Axtone and House vibe, and i can only say i feel sorry for u cuz' u probably never experienced those times...cheers mate, healthy talk... ;)
House5
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Denon DN-MC6000
VirtualDJ Pro

Post House505 Jan 2016, 17:37

As a matter of fact, I did experience those times, they were good and I'm sad they ended but at some point we have to accept it

The love of music is still here, it just doesn't fit your standards, you're no one to decide what Axtone vibe is, and neither am I, but if a label wants to survive it has to follow a bit the current trends, Axtone did follow the trends since it's born, Axwell has always been on the more "pop" side of electronic music (by "pop" I mean not underground), what he released there back then was what was popular, and it's still the case now, it's just that it changed

And Axtone is still not trying to compete with any label, it's not trying to market their stuff like crazy, Axtone really didn't change its core if you think about it, it just adapted to the scene while still setting a high standard. When you're in art business, you either try to follow a bit the trends and adapt or disappear, sad but true.
"You showed us, and the world, that Paris is much more than the Eiffel Tower and Mona Lisa..."
Axwell, Bercy @ Paris, Saturday, December the 8th 2012.

Luigi vs. House5...
julitoco
True fan

Post julitoco05 Jan 2016, 17:39

Vinelli thanks for keeping this journey going. This track its different from today's bangers, i think it has that HRS energy vibe that has remain original over time. Sure it doesn't have amazing arpeggios or pads but god knows i really danced to it on the dancefloor as well as everyon else there. It gave you that energy you need mid-set and thats where SHM used to play it back then.

It was included on a Fast and Furious soundtrack in a mashup with Quasar
Edit: just read the tiny axfact at the end :D
camheine
I worship Axwell

Post camheine05 Jan 2016, 23:38

House5 wrote:As a matter of fact, I did experience those times, they were good and I'm sad they ended but at some point we have to accept it

The love of music is still here, it just doesn't fit your standards, you're no one to decide what Axtone vibe is, and neither am I, but if a label wants to survive it has to follow a bit the current trends, Axtone did follow the trends since it's born, Axwell has always been on the more "pop" side of electronic music (by "pop" I mean not underground), what he released there back then was what was popular, and it's still the case now, it's just that it changed

And Axtone is still not trying to compete with any label, it's not trying to market their stuff like crazy, Axtone really didn't change its core if you think about it, it just adapted to the scene while still setting a high standard. When you're in art business, you either try to follow a bit the trends and adapt or disappear, sad but true.
Must say i have to agree with you, you either keep up or you waste away, axtone found the perfect balance of old and new, i haven't liked certain axtone releases on both sides of the spectrum, there have been electro axtone tracks i haven't enjoyed and underground tracks i haven't liked either.

To me the axtone vibe really is just ax putting his name to every track back in the day and everything being a collab, remode re-edit or a mix from the man himself, whether it said that on the track or not, whilst ax is still heavily involved in every release he's not as much as he used to be, axtone has released tracks that therefore don't fit the standard 'axtone vibe' which i think is good.

You can't just go out there and be the same label for 10 years and not change and still expect to be successful, the most respected underground labels in the world have still changed over time. In proportion to the rest of the scene, axtone has still kinda fitted in the same area of being between underground and commercial, it's just that what's commercial and what's underground has obviously changed.
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music."
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
Send private message https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio

Post Vinelli06 Jan 2016, 11:43

I can put a Siren Song next to a Nothing But Love, and I can definitely hear resemblance. The ultimate example is of course Teenage Crime & Torn Apart. I know plenty of labels who did a complete 180 in just a few years, let alone 10.
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
Send private message https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio

Post Vinelli10 Jan 2016, 17:36

AXT030 Sunrise (Won't Get Lost) (Tommy Trash Version)

So finally after those many different nationalities debuting on Axtone, Australia returns once again on Axtone with Tommy Trash and The Aston Shuffle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW0Eorfq-vQ

Like so many times before, Axtone seems to get a track and/or remix from a new face, the moment they break through (although it must be said that getting your track played by SHM is kind of the ultimate push). The same happened with Tommy Trash. Tommy had quite a lot of records out before, but in 2011 came the track that changed it all in the form of 'The End'. From that moment onwards, he was in the spotlight. And when his monster collaboration together with Seb came by the name of 'Reload', he was officially in.

Especially around those days, it was a given that when Axwell played your tracks so much, an Axtone release is inevitable. And that came in this MASSIVE remix. The style used for this remix is quite iconic to Tommy Trash his most massive output around that time. 'The End' had something similar going on, and in fact during his 2011-2013 period, he made this bassline his trademark sound.

So here is the backstory I think is correct (AXFACT Incoming :mrgreen: ): The Aston Shuffle had a non album related single ready to go called 'Won't Get Lost'. Eventually they worked on it with Tommy Trash, or they came into contact with each other concerning the track for whatever reason. Fact it that Tommy Trash really turned the single to his own hand, creating an entirely new original, but with Aston Shuffle's vocals still at the center. So 'The Aston Shuffle vs. Tommy Trash' was born. The new single was called Sunrise (Won't Get Lost) to indicate an alternative version. This version found itself into the hands of Axtone in 2012. The original was released a year later, as an original 'Aston Shuffle' song. This release came as a bundle, with the Tommy Trash version and some new additional remixes that used Tommy's parts. So those got credited as 'The Aston Shuffle vs. Tommy Trash' as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhrZdPbhtws

Definitely not the most exciting Axfact, but the more you know... :lol:

I will leave you with another small, and somewhat sad fact. This was the last Axtone release to get a trailer!! :cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUWUFQssgJA
WildYouth
True fan

Post WildYouth11 Jan 2016, 19:28

One of my all time favorite Axtone releases. The work that Tommy put into this just made this such a magical song. The emotional synths together with those amazing vocals created a true masterpiece. I would love to see Tommy go back to this style again!
Shaoe
I worship Axwell

Post Shaoe11 Jan 2016, 20:28

WildYouth wrote:One of my all time favorite Axtone releases. The work that Tommy put into this just made this such a magical song. The emotional synths together with those amazing vocals created a true masterpiece. I would love to see Tommy go back to this style again!
+1

One of the previews, with a Axquote :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgV4IrxW_oI
Moving on the inside...
Screaming on the outside...
House5
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Denon DN-MC6000
VirtualDJ Pro

Post House511 Jan 2016, 23:05

This track was an important part of Swedish House Mafia's One Last Tour, as it was the last track of the 1st hour, before the mythic Together Intro Edit was played with such fantastic visuals (for those who don't know how Together Intro was played at OLT, link is below) !

Tommy Trash reached a peak with Reload and this remix, he was really on fire ! And 2012 Axtone was really present at SHM's OLT

Here is what you could hear AND see right after Sunrise + Euphoria SHM Dub at OLT :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsQnyolLvaI
"You showed us, and the world, that Paris is much more than the Eiffel Tower and Mona Lisa..."
Axwell, Bercy @ Paris, Saturday, December the 8th 2012.

Luigi vs. House5...
trebleandsonido
I worship Axwell
Send private message http://soundcloud.com/trebleandsonido QuintenVP trebleandsonido

Post trebleandsonido12 Jan 2016, 12:51

If it sounds good, it is good.
julitoco
True fan

Post julitoco12 Jan 2016, 17:45

trebleandsonido wrote:Got her up today 8-) !
I love how LTWB remixes is looking. Great Idea. Did you print them? If so, what resolution the original file should be? I want to do something like this on my wall.