10 Years of Axtone: Looking Back On A Decade Of Music

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
House5
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Denon DN-MC6000
VirtualDJ Pro

Post House520 Feb 2016, 12:18

Latest post of the previous page:

Still a funny story though, dat tension at that time on the chat hahaha, I don't think it's ever been so high
"You showed us, and the world, that Paris is much more than the Eiffel Tower and Mona Lisa..."
Axwell, Bercy @ Paris, Saturday, December the 8th 2012.

Luigi vs. House5...
rafaelversiani
Axwell lover

Post rafaelversiani22 Feb 2016, 05:24

Axwell's Edit is one of my all-time favorites! What genre is this labeled as, btw?
Shaoe
I worship Axwell

Post Shaoe23 Feb 2016, 19:09

My guess is indie pop/rock/house :)
Moving on the inside...
Screaming on the outside...
House5
I worship Axwell
VirtualDJ Pro

Post House523 Feb 2016, 19:24

I know original is Indie Nu/Dance or so, dunno about Axwell's mix but anyway the only thing we need to know is that it's awesome
"You showed us, and the world, that Paris is much more than the Eiffel Tower and Mona Lisa..."

Luigi vs. House5...
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
Send private message https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio

Post Vinelli25 Feb 2016, 10:32

AXT34R Falling (Committed To Sparkle Motion) (CLMD Remix)

So so so many versions of an already solid song! This is something I really like to see! As you've seen for yourselves in this lookback thread, the early releases usually had an arsenal of different mixes. Luckily we recently got Paradigm and Torn Apart, but Committed To Sparkle Motion was the one that brought the art of variety back after a very very long time :mrgreen: .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SS5cOgQY6s

The duo that gave the final touch to Falling, are norwegians CLMD. Like Axtone mentioned themselves, CLMD were actually fanboys themselves before making their debut. I believe they even visited this forum from time to time! So with that in mind, it's no surprise that this remix is strongly reminiscent of Axtone's progressive past.

It reminds me specifically of Dubfire's hypnotizing summer of dub mix for Axwell's I Found you. Not only in actual sounds, but in that journey-like lenght as well. Dubfire's remix is still the longest track on Axtone I believe, but this remix by CLMD is in the top 5 definitely. The more you know :lol: . Talking about useless #AXFACTS: Falling (Committed To Sparkle Motion) and Nothing But Love are the only two releases so far that had more than two different artworks for one release!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_nJkwO7Au0
(@2:00 Minutes, the debut of the remix in question by NO_ID during a very early Tomorrowland set)

Looking back, it's good to see the label is issuing more remixes for their tracks again nowadays, as going through all these separate versions for these post is reminding me of how creative and fun dance music can be! Committed To Sparkle Motion was a fantastic ride that produced four great records, which together surely deserve a spot amongst the most defining releases of Axtone history.
Last edited by Vinelli on 25 Feb 2016, 10:44, edited 1 time in total.
Seveli13
I worship Axwell

Post Seveli1325 Feb 2016, 10:39

CLMD is a SICK remix...a track that really stood out in recent years of Axtone, for me, because it's a proper journey track in a long time for Axtone...Progressive House at it's best...and it was released in August i think, just the perfect timing with that awesome Sea-Blue artwork...really nice change of paste from Original and Axwell's Edit (which are great as well)... ;)
House5
I worship Axwell
VirtualDJ Pro

Post House525 Feb 2016, 10:54

Carl Louis was active here back in 2008 and was already releasing stuff that Axwell supported, like CLMD - The Message w/ Open Your Heart acapella, a great mashup!

About the remix, YES it's quite a special release from fans of Axtone that brought back the feelings you had back when Axtone was created. I was one of the biggest haters of it until the release, I saw the length, I felt its vibe and then I fell in love with it haha!

Falling is a VERY special step in Axtone history, no doubt about it

Luigi vs. House5...
dperssonn
I worship Axwell

Post dperssonn25 Feb 2016, 11:33

Seveli13 wrote:CLMD is a SICK remix...a track that really stood out in recent years of Axtone, for me, because it's a proper journey track in a long time for Axtone...Progressive House at it's best...and it was released in August i think, just the perfect timing with that awesome Sea-Blue artwork...really nice change of paste from Original and Axwell's Edit (which are great as well)... ;)
Oh that first moment when the kick hits you around 1 min into the track, fucking chills. Thats what me and my friends are playing when we are testing maxing out speakers :lol: . That track and Blow Up (Ax & TG remix).
Seveli13
I worship Axwell

Post Seveli1325 Feb 2016, 13:23

dperssonn wrote: Oh that first moment when the kick hits you around 1 min into the track, fucking chills. Thats what me and my friends are playing when we are testing maxing out speakers :lol: . That track and Blow Up (Ax & TG remix).
Amen for that CLEAN kick brother :D
Vinelli
I worship Axwell

Post Vinelli28 Feb 2016, 18:34

dperssonn wrote:
Seveli13 wrote:CLMD is a SICK remix...a track that really stood out in recent years of Axtone, for me, because it's a proper journey track in a long time for Axtone...Progressive House at it's best...and it was released in August i think, just the perfect timing with that awesome Sea-Blue artwork...really nice change of paste from Original and Axwell's Edit (which are great as well)... ;)
Oh that first moment when the kick hits you around 1 min into the track, fucking chills. Thats what me and my friends are playing when we are testing maxing out speakers :lol: . That track and Blow Up (Ax & TG remix).
Say all you want about the track, but I think Wakanda's kick is could be in that list. Everything outside the drop sounds super thight I think
Vinelli
I worship Axwell

Post Vinelli11 Mar 2016, 15:57

House5 wrote:I know original is Indie Nu/Dance or so, dunno about Axwell's mix but anyway the only thing we need to know is that it's awesome
I would say Alternative