Ax, whats going on ??

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
Evgenij
Axwell lover

Post Evgenij27 Mar 2009, 10:30

Hey ax - hey guys, was listening to Axwells set at JUICY BEACH the other day, and to be honest im very dissapointed regarding the track choice, the somewhat silly talking as well as some of the mashups. I dont know whether axwell has been hanging out too much with steve angello recently, but his set was dreadful at Juicy Beach. The first trhee tracks were great, new, fresh, lively...but then....tell me why with bittersweet symphony was the lowest point for me...then i switched off...

i dont want this thread to be offensive or anything like that, but i just think that ax can do 1000 times better...and i hope he keeps up his OWN style of playing..

I really hope this is a one off...

http://swedhousemafia.17.forumer.com/vi ... &start=225

HERE ARE SOME of the reactions on the swedish house mafia forum:

"what the hell is going on with Mr.Hedfors??????

"first 20 min was really good then he crashed into a big mountin the remaining 40..."

"maybe he took the wrong cd case to miami :>"

"im really dissapointed"

"Really bad mash this one"

"Seriously, wtf is he doing!?"

"Kind of disappointed the way Ax's set went. Started off great but lately I haven't been feeling at all."

these are only some of the comments...i really felt bad when i read them, but honestly, even though i am a big axwell fan, i have go agree with all of them..so i think axwell has some explaining to do..
Last edited by Evgenij on 27 Mar 2009, 11:49, edited 1 time in total.
Byron
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: (Pioneer)2-1000mk3's 1-cdj400,DJM 800
HDJ1000

Post Byron27 Mar 2009, 11:46

Yeah im kind of in agreement with you,I'm a huge HUGE fan of ax,but i was only feeling half of this set..ID 2 with Alcatraz - Give Me Love
Was sick,ID 3 was a bootleg with Chic - Good Times and that was also sick,then he dropped LTWB and was massive!!Thriller (ID Remix) was really cool IMO.I Found you came in with Love LockDown,that worked nice.Kohlbecker Eilmes - Tabasco (Moguai Remix) was good it worked well, a real Miami vibe from it!and then the rest..well,It speaks for itself :(

BTW i think he said 'The Sound is shit' but the music's good' :lol:
Evgenij
Axwell lover

Post Evgenij27 Mar 2009, 11:53

Byron wrote:Yeah im kind of in agreement with you,I'm a huge HUGE fan of ax,but i was only feeling half of this set..ID 2 with Alcatraz - Give Me Love
Was sick,ID 3 was a bootleg with Chic - Good Times and that was also sick,then he dropped LTWB and was massive!!Thriller (ID Remix) was really cool IMO.I Found you came in with Love LockDown,that worked nice.Kohlbecker Eilmes - Tabasco (Moguai Remix) was good it worked well, a real Miami vibe from it!and then the rest..well,It speaks for itself :(

BTW i think he said 'The Sound is shit' but the music's good' :lol:

Completely agree with you, liked all the tracks you listed except for the love lockdown mashup...but that made up about 1/3 if not 1/4 of his set...and that makes it so dissapointing...i seriuosly expected a different style...and I dont want people to think that I alway want to hear BOMBS, and SECRET WEAPONS..for me its the style that matters the most...and this set had about 3-4 styles in it..which made is soo unauthentic..
Blau-Weiß
Axwell digger

Post Blau-Weiß27 Mar 2009, 12:21

please evgenij, dont make a hurricane out of an silly storm! this set wasnt that bad as you describe it, and even if it was not that good for ax, it was much better than most of the sets from other djs.. so just stay cool, i believe there are many more amazing sets to come :)
tedde
Axwell fan

Post tedde27 Mar 2009, 12:32

Guys, I completely agree with whats being said here, definitely a poor set from him!

Im a massive axi fan, but this time the track selection was really off!! Normally he plays with his own style and sound, but for was bad. Like you guys have said, he normally comes up with something suprising, and DROPS MASSIVE BOMBS!!!! But now, bittersweet symphony etc??? WTF??

I really hope this doesnt happen again, cuz axi is soooo much better than this!!! Dont get this wrong, real fans support Axwell, but also dont follow him blindly!! Remember that!!

Byron and evgeniy, i agree with. And for Blau weiss, open your ears!!!!!! If you know anything about house, and if you have seen/heard what axwell is capable of, you would be disappointed too!!!! He is the king of house, but cant pull off sets like these without a reaction!!

Hope this is really a silly faux-pas, and ax's sets will be at the usual standard!!
bobby_sexkiller
Axwell digger

Post bobby_sexkiller27 Mar 2009, 12:40

i have to agree with you, the last set like "cafe del rio"; famous,melbourne; inox or exit festival (or the last WMC, radio fg...) was really good, lovely set with the Axwell touch.

This set, sorry but, i think it's bad, lot of people , like me, was waiting for some new Axwell stuff from his future album, or this beautiful axwell touch ... but nothing!

I like the first part (0 to 20 min) but after i really don't like it.
marko
I worship Axwell

Post marko27 Mar 2009, 16:37

Maybe to many champagne in Ax blood. :lol: :lol: So honestly I expect more new stuff. Progressive House, Tech House like usually. I hope that things are doesn't go in Bob Sinclar way... ;) But whatever Ax did great things for music scene and for us, his audience and all house lovers. Don't
judge him cause one or two sets. Keep the spirit alive. :D
daherbst
Administrator
DJ Gear: all about Pioneer

Post daherbst27 Mar 2009, 16:58

Hey guys - would you pls give us a tracklist of what you would play or what you would make better? Or at least: what would be the decent "Axwell style"?

Just one hour... I'm really interested in!
e=shm²
Axcellent!
marko
I worship Axwell

Post marko27 Mar 2009, 17:22

Undo & Vicknoise - Submarino (Paul Kalkbrenner Remix)
Kim Fai - POV (Steve Angello Remix)
Envotion - Macho Madness (Original Mix)
Giorgio Giordano - Amazzonia (David Tort Tech revision)
Blactron - Flip Monotony
Lil Dirty - Vintage
Philip Jensen - Dubai (Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike)
Zoo Brazill - Gainer
Sidekick - Deep Fear
Abel Ramos - Rotterdam city of love (Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike remix)
2000 and One - Spanish Fly

Tracks like that in combination with acapellas and etc. As many he wants. Especially we now that he has whole cd box full of unreleased tracks. So I don't see where is the problem. As I see you are very angry on people comments daherbst and this is just a forum where people can talk and discuss everything about Ax and things associate with that in the consequence that they have something against him. We all like Ax on different ways. No offence, and I also appreciate the way you thinking because people were over react little bit.
daherbst
Administrator
DJ Gear: all about Pioneer

Post daherbst27 Mar 2009, 17:59

Nonono Marko - far away from angry! :lol:

Just astonished! ;)

And I certainly don't have any problem with a diffrent opinion - especially if it's written in a - let's call it - "proper way" (like you do)!
I can tell you from my experience that I wouldn't ever play your tracklist- just because it's far too "advanced" for the "ordinary" people - but of course I'm not in Axwells position. Maybe he could play whatever he want's and the crowd goes mad - but that's not so much the point for me:
If he plays tracks like on you list it's for some people far too progressive/deep/dull - call it however you like it - mostly for those you like House or the atmosphere of a Club, but who are not so with the music itself (which are actually most of the people I guess).
If he plays like he did, he get is critised from the other side - so actually it's impossible to plessure everybody.

However, I can't stand those superlatives like "worst set ever" or phrases like "what's going on"...

There is a German proverb: "der Ton macht die Musik" - the direct translation would be: the sound makes the musik - which means - It's not what you say, but how you say it - so in way:

The sound is shit, but the music is great! :lol:

(but I've learned today that this is just stupid English) :twisted:

BTW: it's of course not a question of "being a fan" or not - I wouldn't call myself a "fan" (don't like this word) - I just "like" his music and the way he technically builts up a set... that's all!
Last edited by daherbst on 27 Mar 2009, 18:19, edited 2 times in total.
e=shm²
Axcellent!