Ax, whats going on ??

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
daherbst
Administrator
DJ Gear: all about Pioneer

Post daherbst27 Mar 2009, 17:59

Latest post of the previous page:

Nonono Marko - far away from angry! :lol:

Just astonished! ;)

And I certainly don't have any problem with a diffrent opinion - especially if it's written in a - let's call it - "proper way" (like you do)!
I can tell you from my experience that I wouldn't ever play your tracklist- just because it's far too "advanced" for the "ordinary" people - but of course I'm not in Axwells position. Maybe he could play whatever he want's and the crowd goes mad - but that's not so much the point for me:
If he plays tracks like on you list it's for some people far too progressive/deep/dull - call it however you like it - mostly for those you like House or the atmosphere of a Club, but who are not so with the music itself (which are actually most of the people I guess).
If he plays like he did, he get is critised from the other side - so actually it's impossible to plessure everybody.

However, I can't stand those superlatives like "worst set ever" or phrases like "what's going on"...

There is a German proverb: "der Ton macht die Musik" - the direct translation would be: the sound makes the musik - which means - It's not what you say, but how you say it - so in way:

The sound is shit, but the music is great! :lol:

(but I've learned today that this is just stupid English) :twisted:

BTW: it's of course not a question of "being a fan" or not - I wouldn't call myself a "fan" (don't like this word) - I just "like" his music and the way he technically builts up a set... that's all!
Last edited by daherbst on 27 Mar 2009, 18:19, edited 2 times in total.
e=shm²
Axcellent!
ANDREA
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Nothing :'(

Post ANDREA27 Mar 2009, 18:04

I think that everybody prefer the last year set jut because last year tunes, not only of ax's set I speak in general, were better then now... :|
I AM A BOY!!!

I've Got Nothing But Love For You!
marko
I worship Axwell

Post marko27 Mar 2009, 18:45

In every word with you daherbst, especially in the way of bad words that people describe the set. But like people said "There is no discussion about people's tastes". I like Ax because he can provide lot of great entertainment for all people tastes. Like: I don't like Melbourne set, but I like Sensation White set and etc, don't mention production. In that he is always on top. However I just hope that Ax will be that he always is and the worst thing that can happend for me is that Ax start to play over the laptop.
daherbst
Administrator

Post daherbst27 Mar 2009, 20:38

Excellent - that's what I wanted to say... and technically the set is "Axwell-Standart" - sometimes I think that we are a little bit spoiled!
e=shm²
Axcellent!
Byron
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: (Pioneer)2-1000mk3's 1-cdj400,DJM 800
HDJ1000

Post Byron27 Mar 2009, 21:14

I never though of it that way Marko..Good piont ;)
Capone
Axwell lover

Post Capone27 Mar 2009, 21:32

daherbst wrote:Excellent - that's what I wanted to say... and technically the set is "Axwell-Standart" - sometimes I think that we are a little bit spoiled!
Yes, we are spoiled! Take a listen to the other set from that night, Tocadisco and Robbie Rivera. Not my cup of tea at all, and I believe many ppl can say the same just as many ppl can say they love their stuff. I use to love Tocadisco back in the days, but now I cant stand most of his stuff.
Axwell as a dj is always making a great performance. He truly gives us a show. So did he this time even if many ppl including myself didnt really felt the last 30 minutes was that great. So what? We are listening to a crappy webradio and judging him.
But yeah, I also thought I would hear some new Axwell stuff. I really did. But I guess we are just spoiled that he always gives us that.
adrien24
Axwell lover
Send private message http://www.vendisco.com
DJ Gear: x2 CDJ800 + DJX700

Post adrien2427 Mar 2009, 23:40

Maybe Ax is heading out of the 'progressive house' and going into a 'progressive tech house' ... ever thought of that? Many DJs are kinda moving into that direction, ie: Dirty South. :|
peter017
I worship Axwell

Post peter01729 Mar 2009, 00:15

people just those of u who was there can judge the set and the whole thing axwell made there... i believe that if was there i d fukin gone crazy
damn this shit is great always when i hear i found you in remode mix i have to jump high as i can... and it would be it if i ve heard whole axwells set there well maybe the bittersweet symphony is not so great but the beat which comes with Sebastien Drums Tom Geiss Eric G - Funky Beep is so great (love that tune) and i dont like gnuk... but rest is great love it
Maximillion
I worship Axwell
Send private message http://www.minichamps.de
DJ Gear: 3 x CDJ 1000 MK3
DJM 800
2 x Technics 1210 SL
Sennheiser HD 25

Post Maximillion30 Mar 2009, 19:14

I am curious to see what Axwell's reply will look like!
Gillou
Axwell lover

Post Gillou31 Mar 2009, 22:41

I liked this set, very much.
The Love Lockdown MashUp was one of my preferate track.
Anyway, you can say what you want about the trackist, which is so subjective, but Axwell is still the best effect-user in the world, and his transition are always crazy.
So ok, the Mash with the Verve and TMW was a little bit strange, same for Gnuk and Clock, but at least, he makes something, he was creative...
To compare, what was so special for a lot of you in Stonebridge set ? Nothing for me.
I care more about the way the music is played, than the music herself.
And about the talk, everyone who have seen Ax in live know he ALWAYS talk to the crowd at 1 or 2 moments...
And dont forget that when a DJ is recorded, he dont play the same way as he usualy do.
Well, that's just my point of view.
Les gagnants trouvent des moyens, les perdants des excuses.
daherbst
Administrator

Post daherbst31 Mar 2009, 22:48

I love MC Axwell!

The sound is shit, but the music is good! :lol: :lol: :lol:
e=shm²
Axcellent!