Which style of House music for the summer? Your opinion!

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
Paul-FilthyFunkFunk
Axwell fan
Send private message http://www.filthyfunkfunk.com
DJ Gear: PIONEER FO-SHIZZLE

Post Paul-FilthyFunkFunk04 Jun 2009, 15:41

Latest post of the previous page:

Some fantastic tracks suggested so far for the sound of the Summer...

For me the first track is as someone's said, very cheap. Not a great production, and no decent hook to it. Just not the sound we should be hearing as a contender as this years Ibiza anthem....

For me it has to be the tribal sound with some progressive breakdowns. Producers like David Tort, Arno Cost, Norman Doray, DONS, Tristan Garner, Dario Nunez, Henrik B, David Tort etc are all starting to work together now, crossing over the two usually distanced genres.

I think the ones that'll make a big impact this year are Prok & Fitch, Hagenaar & Albrecht, and most definitely Dimitry Vegas & Like Mike .

Mind you.... our man Axwell has been pushing this sound for some time, and I'm sure he'll be releasing this sound for himself later in the year. Already tracks like 'Leave The World Behind' has tribal sounds with a massive progressive [yet uplifting and kinda' funky] breakdown.

Paul
http://www.filthyfunkfunk.com
vaz
Axwell digger
DJ Gear: Axwell's shit

Post vaz04 Jun 2009, 18:41

Paul-FilthyFunkFunk wrote:Some fantastic tracks suggested so far for the sound of the Summer...

For me the first track is as someone's said, very cheap. Not a great production, and no decent hook to it. Just not the sound we should be hearing as a contender as this years Ibiza anthem....

For me it has to be the tribal sound with some progressive breakdowns. Producers like David Tort, Arno Cost, Norman Doray, DONS, Tristan Garner, Dario Nunez, Henrik B, David Tort etc are all starting to work together now, crossing over the two usually distanced genres.

I think the ones that'll make a big impact this year are Prok & Fitch, Hagenaar & Albrecht, and most definitely Dimitry Vegas & Like Mike .

Mind you.... our man Axwell has been pushing this sound for some time, and I'm sure he'll be releasing this sound for himself later in the year. Already tracks like 'Leave The World Behind' has tribal sounds with a massive progressive [yet uplifting and kinda' funky] breakdown.

Paul
http://www.filthyfunkfunk.com

Behold, it's the House-Ecyclopedia-Man! This post made me feel like I'm an ignorant pupil, like I know nothing about house...

Thanks for your opinion, man, keep posting
daherbst
Administrator
DJ Gear: all about Pioneer

Post daherbst04 Jun 2009, 22:34

Well... nothing new...

We are talking about Axwell's the Tribal-Elements since years, and keep in mind that Angello used to produce great Tribal tracks!

All in all: the SHM sets the standarts - and no other one! e.g.: we hear now so much remixes which copy "Let it go" - and this track is almost 2 years old!
e=shm²
Axcellent!
Byron
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: (Pioneer)2-1000mk3's 1-cdj400,DJM 800
HDJ1000

Post Byron05 Jun 2009, 23:20

I think Axwell's mix of FIITA will set the standard this summer for sure..It's tribal it's big and it's got lots of soul which is hard to pull off for most producers - except for Ax! - but the artists ill be looking out for this summer are : Big World,Denis The Menace,D-Formation,Moguai,Tv Rock,Angel Moraes,Harry Choo Choo Romero,DJ DJG and Eric Prydz..!