Leave The World Behind (Dirty South Remix)

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
Kosi
I worship Axwell

Post Kosi19 Apr 2009, 14:53

Latest post of the previous page:

original is def more cluby but the dirty south remix is magic. the part @ min 3:30 :o
Dirty Sanchez
I worship Axwell

Post Dirty Sanchez20 Apr 2009, 06:42

Being a Dirty South fan and having praised the YouTube recordings of this, I know don't feel this Remix as much as I did. I'm picking the original. I'm not surprised Seb and Ax worked so much on it, it's so powerful that it feels hard to beat. I think Dirty South had a good idea and I see him trying to make the track epic but it doesn't work much for me. I think the strings that I once loved on the clips that were around now sound too simple to me. Hope we can get some other remixes but original works just fine :D
daherbst
Administrator
DJ Gear: all about Pioneer

Post daherbst20 Apr 2009, 08:41

I think DS did the only right thing: any attempt to make a "banging" or "driving" remix would def fail - so he gave the track a melancholic touch - I really like that!

BUT:

The violins don't sound harmonic -I would prefer sustained strings, not these "short" ones (can't explain it better in English ;) ).
You don't hear it that much beside the bassline & kicks - but it gives the track a ... "agitation" which doesn't blend in the track properly. This is at least my impression...

All in all: great ideas - but not 100% mature...
e=shm²
Axcellent!
Byron
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: (Pioneer)2-1000mk3's 1-cdj400,DJM 800
HDJ1000

Post Byron20 Apr 2009, 09:16

Yeah i agree,the notes are too short,he should of made a 4 bar melody,but instead he squeezed it into 2!!It would of made the track more Epic..IMO
daherbst
Administrator

Post daherbst20 Apr 2009, 10:26

Yes indeed - it sounds a bit "choppy" - and imho not 100% harmonic...
e=shm²
Axcellent!
jamesaxtone
Axwell lover

Post jamesaxtone20 Apr 2009, 10:52

hi all,

so the dirty south remix will be available on beatport from today - thank you for the support you have already shown and please continue that loyal support and let us know what you think.

unfortunately those 'nice people' at trackitdown released the track over 2 weeks early and have leaked the dirty south remix to the internet. so as you can imagine we are really pissed off as it has f***ed up our whole campaign. anyway you lucky people can get the remix from beatport early now!

oh and you might not be surprised to hear that you won't be able to buy any axtone tracks on trackitdown as i will be taking the whole catalogue down from their site.

enjoy the remix and hopefully we will have some new remixes very soon.

cheers

james
Byron
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: (Pioneer)2-1000mk3's 1-cdj400,DJM 800
HDJ1000

Post Byron20 Apr 2009, 11:39

Oh yes :D thanks
Petter
Administrator
DJ Gear: 3x CDJ-1000
1x DJM-800
1x MacBook Pro

Post Petter20 Apr 2009, 14:55

jamesaxtone wrote:hi all,

so the dirty south remix will be available on beatport from today - thank you for the support you have already shown and please continue that loyal support and let us know what you think.

unfortunately those 'nice people' at trackitdown released the track over 2 weeks early and have leaked the dirty south remix to the internet. so as you can imagine we are really pissed off as it has f***ed up our whole campaign. anyway you lucky people can get the remix from beatport early now!

oh and you might not be surprised to hear that you won't be able to buy any axtone tracks on trackitdown as i will be taking the whole catalogue down from their site.

enjoy the remix and hopefully we will have some new remixes very soon.

cheers

james
That's unfortunate to hear, James. I guess they got what the deserved when they show no sign of profesionality.
Anyway; I have bought the track and I really like it. I think it goes perfectly with I Found U (Classic Edit).
I Image House Music
daherbst
Administrator

Post daherbst20 Apr 2009, 19:23

Trackitdown? What's that? :lol: :twisted:

Yes - the track is everywhere arround on the net - just bought it!
e=shm²
Axcellent!
mnewman
Axwell digger
Send private message http://twitter.com/mnewman
DJ Gear: CDJ800MKIIs, DJM-800, Serato, Ableton Live, Technics 1200s

Post mnewman20 Apr 2009, 19:43

jamesaxtone wrote:so the dirty south remix will be available on beatport from today - thank you for the support you have already shown and please continue that loyal support and let us know what you think.
Thanks for the update! Shame to see Trackitdown screwed up as I felt they had a good back catalogue of some harder-to-find tracks... oh well!

Here's the link for everyone's ease of use:
https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/con ... rld_behind
MikeCasa
True fan

Post MikeCasa21 Apr 2009, 16:26

I bet trackitdown learned their lesson, theyre such a no-name site anyways..

The violin is retardedly sick. Its so emotional. I would love to sick Dragan make another violin track! Ive been doing the Seb violin move since this track came out!
twitter.com/mikecasa