Bloggers!!!

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
peter017
I worship Axwell

Post peter01702 Apr 2009, 17:41

Latest post of the previous page:

look at me i downloaded it illegally... now i hear it and im buying it even if have it in computer... simple its just about will...
nander
True fan

Post nander02 Apr 2009, 20:06

daherbst wrote:@ nander: first - if the track costs 2 euro i guess the artist gets at least 1 - even Apple "only" gets 1/3...
At Apple/iTunes the price of a single track is 0.99 euro, for an album its about 0.25 euro per track.
daherbst wrote:- 1st: catchword: tax heaven
Tax heaven? Where? What? HUH?! im really missing something here.
daherbst wrote:- 2nd: one basic problem is that some people obviously lost their sense of what is right & what wrong - yes this is very striking - but if you're really interestent in I can recommend you some good books ;)
Specify "some people", and of course: "right and wrong. "
daherbst wrote: Beside: I'm totally convinced of a market economy! ;)

If we are not able to set up decent standarts for controlling the market - globally - our future won't be that wealthy...
Remember that partly the standards caused this crisis (IASB state you have to valuate the CDOs and other financial instruments at actual market prices).
daherbst wrote:Yes you might be right - the economic loss might be not that bad... and some artists become well known because their productions float everywhere arround - but that's not the point! (btw: just take a look at the 90's - where filesharing didn't exist - and look what the artist earned by selling their records, eg the Euro-Dance thing...)
Recently a well respected Dutch technology institute (TNO) researched whether downloading affects the economy on a request Ministry of Education, Culture and Science, the Ministry of Economic Affairs and the Ministry of Justice of the Netherlands:
http://www.tno.nl/content.cfm?context=o ... 3.0&Taal=2 [english]. http://tinyurl.com/fileshareresearch
daherbst wrote:The point is just so simple - if someone does a good job he should paid for it.
It's far too easy by now to defy something - just because it doesn't fit in your "programm" - and that's what I personally can't stand (and if you take a look at the stock market and what happend there in the past years it's fits together...)
Agreed about the first part. Of course, but if a reward for this is so small compared to the reward for a venue there is something wrong.
But please, what do you believe happened in the past years on the stock markets?
noone can beat the house beats
daherbst
Administrator
DJ Gear: all about Pioneer

Post daherbst03 Apr 2009, 08:28

Don't get me wrong - but I'm not interested in explaining stuff like that anyone in here - if you want me to explain you tax heavens I would say it's gonna be this kind of discussion where everone just wanna show off with his "knowledge" - and this sickens me... of course you exactly know what I'm talking about...

I hope the decisions London get permuted... respect to France & Germany ...

Back to topic: I do know that there are certain benefits of filesharing - but what I hate is the idea behind these blogs... if it's just for promotional use - why 320kb?
e=shm²
Axcellent!
julian
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: 2 CDJ 800 MK2, DJM 400

Post julian03 Apr 2009, 15:03

daherbst wrote:@ nander: first - if the track costs 2 euro i guess the artist gets at least 1 - even Apple "only" gets 1/3...
thats just wrong, after what i heared, artists only get about a quarter, definately not more! 1 euro is just crazy!
daherbst
Administrator
DJ Gear: all about Pioneer

Post daherbst03 Apr 2009, 16:20

Well I just don't know the conditions of beatport... but anyway - they aren't good - I know that - but again - that's not what I wanted to say...
e=shm²
Axcellent!