Most overrated DJ's?

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
Iammesol
Administrator

Post by Iammesol » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:50 pm

What he HAS done and what he IS doing are two completely different things. He is responsible for my introduction to house a while back, but the stuff that's going on now makes me cringe.
daherbst
Administrator
DJ Gear: all about Pioneer

Post by daherbst » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:37 pm

Sometimes he seems to be bored of himselft...

Still, Mr. Angello def can produce excellent music, he def has technical skill - so he is def NOT overrated for me all in all, especially if we think of his popularity... while Axwell is one of the leading figures in house - where is Steve Angello? Far behind ...

Maybe he needs this phase while developing his style - he once said that he is bored of all this "Elekro" and that house needs a new direction... maybe he is searching for this...
If it is so, he deserves to get it, if not - the market regulates itself...
e=shm²
Axcellent!
julian
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: 2 CDJ 800 MK2, DJM 400

Post by julian » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:25 pm

i thought this is about djing. and angello really isnt as good as most people think. that stuff he does every night can be done by almost everyone even me.
paulanthony
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Pioneer

Post by paulanthony » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:31 pm

julian wrote:i thought this is about djing. and angello really isnt as good as most people think. that stuff he does every night can be done by almost everyone even me.
If we compare his Djing to Ax and Ingrosso I think he is behind a bit... but I think it's as da:herbst said earlier on... He still can Dj!
Iammesol
Administrator

Post by Iammesol » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:06 am

daherbst wrote:
Maybe he needs this phase while developing his style - he once said that he is bored of all this "Elekro" and that house needs a new direction... maybe he is searching for this...
His comment was something around "I'm tired of all the minimal stuff coming out recently. I want to make something that isn't all one note basslines you know?"

Weeks later he was spinning the newer Who's Who? material, which makes me laugh endlessly.
Getdumb
True fan

Post by Getdumb » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:38 am

Im chattering with glee. Tonight i see D.Ramirez live, hoping he'll play his 'new' track Shield. Eek Eek Eek. My friend met him in Holt Renfrew today, and sent me a picture of it, you can imagine the rage.
my list goes 1.Axwell 2.D.Ramirex 3. Max Graham. The pain!
Rave is King.
Getdumb
True fan

Post by Getdumb » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:39 am

P.s. - Am i the only one that liked Buy Now - The Moon?
Rave is King.
TonyS
Axwell lover

Post by TonyS » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:27 am

Nope, I like it too, great groove!

On topic; Laidback Luke for sure. A guy with a profile like his should try and teach his audience a bit about quality housemusic, instead of playing stupid childish tracks 80% of the time. And quit mixing in a new track every frikkin 50 seconds!! Isn't it more about music, rather than skills??

I know you've all seen me say some not-so-nice stuff about Ax here recently. But I truly believe he's going to hit the DJ Mag top 10 this year. And well deserved, may I add.
Getdumb
True fan

Post by Getdumb » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:14 pm

I need some cheering up via these forums.
I took a nap for presumably two hours as my alarm indicated, but however i slept through my alarm, my friend did not show up, none of my family woke me, so i slept through Seeing D.Ramirez, meeting D.Ramirez, and a 15 dollar ticket. I don't think i've ever been quite as angry as i have been right now.

The only pro is that i'm seeing Dubfire and Crookers tonight.

Any Suggestions?
Rave is King.
Dirty Sanchez
I worship Axwell

Post by Dirty Sanchez » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:10 pm

LBL's talented, and his studio work is usually very good. I've also heard what you say about him live, a friend of mine told me he didn't seem to be DJing for the crowd but for himself... Like TonyS says, it's not just about skills, but music.

By the way, our friend Steve Angello has a new alias: Mescal Kid. He has released two mixes of a track named 'Magic' under this name... So all the love/hate that he generates can now be considered also for this monicker :P