Most overrated DJ's?

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
Mutu
I worship Axwell
http://www.facebook.com/mutulix

Post by Mutu » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:10 pm

stevos wrote:david guetta, always the same songs
he can't mix and his tracks are so commercial sh*t
yeah, good point
I got nothing but luv' for you !
Dirty Sanchez
I worship Axwell

Post by Dirty Sanchez » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:39 pm

The problem with Guetta is that most of his sets are exactly the same! He'll drop 'Tomorrow can wait', 'Delirious', 'Love is gone', 'Love don't let me go vs Walking away' and 'The world is mine' and then add 'Be', maybe a Prodigy song or House of Pain's 'Jump around'... and that's about it. If the man tried to add some other tracks and forget about some of those he's been playing for ages, maybe his sets would be something... My sister bought me a FMIF compilation a few days ago and he's got tracks like 'Klack', 'Pears', 'Toys are nuts', 'Bleep', 'What the fuck', 'Humanoidz'... Why not use them live too? Arrghhh... :lol:
stevos
Axwell lover

Post by stevos » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:01 pm

idd, when i was watching loveparade I said to my sis (who loves guetta) he will prolly mix delirious , love is gone followed by walking away(tocadisco) vs love dont... and then
run dmc -its like that vs bodyrox yea yea followed bij thats dekaay(dj of the prodigy)- breath more

and yes he did it... what a big suprise
Jack is the one who gives you the power to jack your body
midge
Axwell lover
DJ Gear: 2 pioneer 400s,
2 technic 1210s
behringer djx700
Fl studio

Post by midge » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:30 pm

well i would like to say quite alot here like some people might take it the wrong way some might see what am getting at. ive only read a few posts so cant comment fully.
for a start people who think garaug is overated are absolutely dilusional. watch the man hes a wizard on the decks awesome creativity. definitely not overated either coz loads of people dont even know who he is wen they should!
people slate tiesto however, yes maybe is abit overated but then look at all the good he did, all the remixes, then even other projects like gouryella, his mixing is good - maybe not what hes bigged up to be but hes still good. ive seen him live and he was good. he wouldnt be where he is today if he wasnt. end of story.
deadmau5---- ow can you not like deadmau5, loads of tracks might sound similar but he has so many tracks because hes so talented and capable of knokin tracks up quickly- and some are amazing. ive also seen deadmau5 live and his djing was awesome!
in my eyes oakenfold is OVERRATED.....wen i listened to him i was looking for my horse to gallop around the dance floor on, clippedy klop!
i cud rant forever but each to their own i suppose.
daherbst
Administrator
DJ Gear: all about Pioneer

Post by daherbst » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:08 pm

I partly disagree Midge...

Ive listened to some of Garrauds sets... and in my humble opinion he can't reach Axwell, but I the DJing isn't the point - it's his productions... apart from some of his Remixes I can't stand what he does - it's just this boring Elektro sound...

Sometimes it seems to me that he is one of those who picked up the SHM style - and stayed there while the SHM itselft moved on and created a far more dynamic sound...

However, as I said, this my 2 cents...
e=shm²
Axcellent!
Ducko
Axwell fan

Post by Ducko » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:19 pm

Tiesto - Fair enough this guy is a pretty decent DJ ill give him credit for that, but he should not have the credit for being a 'Good' producer, quite frankly in my eyes tiesto got big because of 'Adiago For Strings' a song STOLEN by tiesto from samuel barber, without adiago for strings, tiesto would no way near be as popular and 'Overrated' as he is today, and he is known to have stolen other songs aswell.
Deadmau5 - Deadmau5 is not a DJ, he mentions it all the time in his interviews he just uses ableton live when he performs live, however he is an outstanding producer, he is completely original and you will most likely never hear the sounds he uses on any other songs, he is not overrated, overrated is what you call producer like david guetta and tiesto, create awful songs or also 'Steal' but the songs are popular, and if you actually listen to some of deadmau5's underrated songs they do not sound anything like other ones, you just need to search up some of his songs for example search up 'Deadmau5 - October' and 'Deadmau5 - Sometimes things get Whatever' or 'Deadmau5 - Jaded (Original Mix) and 'Deadmau5 - Arguru (Original Mix) then ask yourself whether they truly sound the same
Renz
Axwell lover

Post by Renz » Sun May 23, 2010 12:47 pm

veinar90
True fan

Post by veinar90 » Sun May 23, 2010 4:10 pm

Renz wrote:Came across this, epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjbvYJ45W84
it's funny how people think this is real.
daherbst
Administrator
DJ Gear: all about Pioneer

Post by daherbst » Sun May 23, 2010 4:42 pm

:lol: great!
e=shm²
Axcellent!
danieljones2006
Axwell fan
http://www.comfyearplugs.com
Location: suite no.-20, apartment-5, Near W21st street,Zenia,California-95595

Post by danieljones2006 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:26 am