Old vs New

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
carllouis
Axtone Artist

Post by carllouis » Sat May 31, 2008 8:07 pm

Since Axwell's productions has evolved so much over the years I wondered what style, you personally prefer? And if someone hope he's doing some more soulful/funky stuff in the future. My personal favorites are Jetlag - So Right, C-Mos and Feel The Vibe. But of course all of his productions are great, even though I'm a soulful/funky kinda guy..
Mutu
I worship Axwell
http://www.facebook.com/mutulix

Post by Mutu » Sat May 31, 2008 8:11 pm

i kinda like both..but i like that "promiscous girl", "jump", "watch the sunrise" and a lot more..
I got nothing but luv' for you !
daherbst
Administrator
DJ Gear: all about Pioneer

Post by daherbst » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:47 pm

The Nelly F Rmx is probably the only Axwell production I never played yet...

I thing, since the community is growing, the quality sucks... also in the Soulful-Section... so I still hope for an Axwell come back... maybe the thing with Brian Tappert...
e=shm²
Axcellent!
ANDREA
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Nothing :'(

Post by ANDREA » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:22 pm

I love the pure house style of High Energy, the remix of Get Over Here, I Found U Classic Mix, but all the production and rmxs of ax are fantastic
I AM A BOY!!!

I've Got Nothing But Love For You!
TFT
Axwell lover

Post by TFT » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:06 am

That's a great subject... I don't really know which kind I prefer, I think Axwell has his own kind of House Music... and at any time he knew how to be different from any others producers and tracks!!!

So I don't prefer newest more than oldest tracks because they don't come from the same movement of House Music and because all of them are really good!!!

Anyway... I like when it's funky... :D
Keep The Vibe Alive...
Myspace - Podcast

Sorry for my english...
Halcyon
I worship Axwell

Post by Halcyon » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:41 am

I see all those different tracks like an evolution :
when he started Ax was more in the pure House Music, with funky bass et really "housy" rhythms.

With time he became more and more "clubby", Jump is for me the best exemple of this evolution, because it was still House Music but with a new touch. And I think that since his remix of Dirty South Ax is discovering a new way, with more tribal rhythms.

The point is here : Axwell can make every kind of good House Music !!
daherbst
Administrator
DJ Gear: all about Pioneer

Post by daherbst » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:22 am

2 good points halycon:

1st: I really love the Jumb Rmx - it's fantastic - and still unterestimatet...

2nd: Tribal is the point - I can't stand this "Elektro" stuff
e=shm²
Axcellent!
Halcyon
I worship Axwell

Post by Halcyon » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:39 am

Ax focuses the tribal way on drums.
I can understand people who don't like his recent productions, because Axwell was a good progressive composer (I Shall Overcome => "the nature of the fish is to swim" :!: :P ), and falling in the minimal/tribal way it's unusual. Personnaly I do like this way too.
But it's still Axwell stuffs, his style evolution includes an evolution for his fans too, there will be new fans and the old can be a bit lost.
Dirty Sanchez
I worship Axwell

Post by Dirty Sanchez » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:30 pm

Well, I got interested in Axwell's music with tracks like 'Watch the sunrise' or the Mambana bits ('No reason', 'Libre'...). The good thing about having such a vast repertoire is that you can always 'rediscover' his music... Last week I found myself loving 'Submariner' but two weeks ago it was his remix of Hard-Fi's 'Hard to beat'... 'Old' or 'new' I really don't care :D
JohnMcDermott
Axwell digger

Post by JohnMcDermott » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:09 pm

I remember loving the old mambana stuff and I remember walking into a record shop and the guy behind the counter told me "If you ever see a record with an Axwell remix, just buy it, it's always the best remix"

Hahaha, he was right.

I prefer the new sound tho, everytime he changes it I'm not sure at first then it grows on me and I realise he's on the money. If you doubt that his new stuff is as good as his older stuff just listen to Open Your Heart and be assured that his sound is only getting better and better!